Votes: 18 20.0%

• Total voters

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
You can also right click on steam icon in your notification bar, click click servers and view info on server you have favourited. That is what I use when ark servers can't connect for some reason or another.
Thanks. Didn't know the server info had a player list That is more convenient.

Sanbo

Admiral
Donor
Oct 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Sanbo
I think something on the server crashed this morning. You cant mount anything. Thought it might be my local client but did a full restart and still got the same problem. Anybody else having this problem?

BOX3R

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
BOX3R
I think something on the server crashed this morning. You cant mount anything. Thought it might be my local client but did a full restart and still got the same problem. Anybody else having this problem?
Yes, just tried, server appears to be stuck.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Restarting the server now.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Should be good to go. If you have any other issues let me know.

Reactions: JC Pax and Sanbo

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
So Xist is alive? I swear I never see you anymore man.
Nobody wanted to PVP at all on the TEST Ark Server and so I've been playing on an official Hardcore PvP server.

We have a pretty amazing location/base, defenses like you wouldn't believe, and all the rest of the server is jealous and posturing like they're going to attack us - that is perfect as far as we are concerned.

We are building up an arsenal now so we can go on the offensive in the relatively near future and not have to stop to farm in the middle of it.

Anybody who wants to do some PVP, let me know.

But yes, I'm still around and I can keep the TEST server running smoothly if/when @Hydro_Axis isn't around.

Xaing

Admiral
Nov 11, 2015
RSI Handle
Xaingu
xaingholio.jpg
I AM THE GREAT TEST-HOLIO!!! I have risen and I need tp for my bunghole! You shall give me all your beer and beavers!! heh-heh... Yeah!
(weird glitch where I dragged my corpse out of the water, released it and it slowly floated upward)

Last edited:

Sethious

Space Marshal
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
SethiousFel
Nobody wanted to PVP at all on the TEST Ark Server and so I've been playing on an official Hardcore PvP server.

We have a pretty amazing location/base, defenses like you wouldn't believe, and all the rest of the server is jealous and posturing like they're going to attack us - that is perfect as far as we are concerned.

We are building up an arsenal now so we can go on the offensive in the relatively near future and not have to stop to farm in the middle of it.

Anybody who wants to do some PVP, let me know.

But yes, I'm still around and I can keep the TEST server running smoothly if/when @Hydro_Axis isn't around.

I'm tempted to come and join you guys. Would I be able to transfer another one of my official server people over?

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
It's a hardcore server, so no transfers are allowed. When you die, you start at level 1 again.

This makes trying to NOT die really enjoyable. Your pulse will thump in hardcore unlike it never does otherwise since dying REALLY sucks. And it makes killing other players all the more enjoyable.

We have some high level birds and pteras, so you can get to level 60 in a matter of hours. Getting to 94 takes weeks though.

Sethious

Space Marshal
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
SethiousFel
So as far as the Test Server goes. Are we just going to make it completely PVE with the occasional pvp event? We need to decide on this, because the server is getting frustrating.

I think we should implement a full server change to PVE.

Sanbo

Admiral
Donor
Oct 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Sanbo
I play 99% PVE except with the occasional petra getting shot out of the sky. so it doesn't bother me either way.

*spell check got me

RipVanDan

Space Marshal
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
RipVanDan
I am in favor of PVE, and turning on structure decay. I think PVP events could be cool. SOTF is out now as a stand alone free to play so if people do have a PvP itch we could start doing a TEST team.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Oh man! You guys missed an epic battle on my official server.

Only 1 month on the server and we seriously injured the alpha tribe who has been there 8 months. If we had more people we probably could have wiped them. (We only had 3 active).

We killed all 3 of their gigas, all of their spinos, all of their brontos, a couple of quetzals, and a couple of players.

They still have some quetzals left, and way more people than we have, so we're going to get wiped soon. But it was definitely worth it! Loads of fun. :)

Might try playing SOTF, but I think I'm done building and taming and all that crap for now. Who knows.

Sanbo

Admiral
Donor
Oct 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Sanbo
Could have been it was really far east. Seriously though it was at their door when Seth pulled agro. Was almost a really bad night.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
If you guys really want to change it to a PVE server, we can.

However I'm not sure that will solve the problem. There are ways to glitch into the walls and steal things from you still. It happens all the time on the official PVE servers.

The best thing for you to do IMO is just keep some plant turrets around your base, and maybe even make some real auto turrets.

That will keep people away unless they are dedicated raiders (which I don't think anyone on the server really is, from the sound of it).

Anyway we can go full PVE if you want, I just don't think it will solve the problem. Plant and auto turrets will solve your problem though.

Forgot your password?