• No

Votes: 18 20.0%

• Total voters

Tortilla the Hun

Grand Admiral
Jul 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Tortilla_the_Hun
Sooo... in the wee hours of the morning.. i decided to take my argent finally.... so i saddled up my trike with all my meat and narco berries... Loaded him on to my raft and set sail up to the east coast.... After my long sail i landed next to the gynu base and proceeded up the mountain to tame my bird... after a short search i found the perfect one.. lv 28 and he was black with red wing tips... I pulled out my crossbow and took aim for the head..... fired 3 arrows hitting him before he began his attack... it was a fiece battle with me hiding behind my Trike popping out only to shoot him with another arrow.. Finnally i took him down.. he hit the ground and before i knew what was happening a pack of sabers came at my future bird.. i jumped on the trike and positioned my self between them and my argent... If they wanted him They would have to come thru me first.. Lucky I was riding a 150 Trike... i made short work of them and harvested their meat for my taming... I began feeding my argent when a lonely steggo came walking thru.. sadly for him i knew he could be carrying that amazing prime meat.... so i began to attack with out second thought... then i found out it was a 102 steggo..... they battle raged on for what seemed like eternity... But finally the steggo fell valiantly. I began my harvest and found 3 pieces of prime meat.... and fed them to my argent..
After what seemed like forever another argent entered the area.. fearing for my bird i shot him with an arrow and proceeded to kill and harvest him as well... Presto 2 more Prime meat....

When all was looking like it was going to be an easy tame..... a lv 16 rex came strolling over the hill... not wanting to risk loosing my trike i desided on a ballsy maneuver. I would stash all my gear on my trike and sprint past the rex and lure him away.....There i was.. staring that rex in the eyes... I took off running right at him. and punched him in the shin then toook of like a bat out of hell..... i looked back.... and the mother fucker was attacking my trike..... I ran back as fast as i could and jumped on my trikes back..
What i noticed as soon as i got on my trike both scared and amazed me.... This T-rex has only done 200 damage out of 3000Hp... i thought to my self..... your mine motherfucker..... AND THIS began an epic battle... T-REX VS TRIKE.... Turns out that T-rex was a bitch and i put him down in like 6 hits... So i harvest and recovered 5 prime meat... I was ECSTATIC!! I fed them to my argent. and it seemed to fly as the taming bar shot up.... Total taming time just short of 2 hours.. So i finally finished the tame and was soo happy... i tossed the saddle on him. and set him to follow as i rode the trike back to the boat... I parked the trike then parked the argent on the boat and set sail for home... I was soo excited i couldn't see the dark clouds on the horizon..... While passing the swamp area i decided to give it a little wider of a birth from the shore... worst mistake ever..... Out of no were a sarco was along side of my raft... I thought fuck that croc he cant catch me... man was i wrong... the server rubber banned me and that sarco was under my boat... all i saw was the jaws come thru the boat and hit the argent... He went flying off the boat and into the water... and was instantly killed.. no change to jump in and save him.. no chance to try and kill the sarco.. The kill message rang across my screen
Your Rogue - Lv38 (Argentavis) was killed by a Sarco - Lv28
The sarco never did resurface after killing my argent.. and at that point my heart was broken..

RIP Rogue I barley knew you but was soo very happy when you joined the family.... Server i hate you forever for taking my precious baby...

Pax

JC Pax

Commander
Feb 13, 2016
RSI Handle
JC_Pax
it was a very rough night on ark.. lost that argent. and a 95 ish para. then the damn dolphin things kept waiting till taming was really high then swam away

JC Pax

Commander
Feb 13, 2016
RSI Handle
JC_Pax
I give your Shadow.. Lv 107

Meet Woody (first beaver tamed on the server). Sara.. and their baby. Tiny Is the Third Beaver baby born on the server. First two born to Sum1

Last edited:
Reactions: Xaing and RipVanDan

JC Pax

Commander
Feb 13, 2016
RSI Handle
JC_Pax
well tongiht somone decided to take all my berries and narco out of a dear i was taming.. I was in the PVE zone.. have a picture i sent to my brother the deer was almost done.. and i came back to it and its inventory was empty.. 700 berries 30 narcotics

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
:(

Anyone who is interested, I have an active pvp tribe on a hardcore official server. There is frequent pvp with willing participants.

It's way more interesting than stealing supplies from someone who is trying to tame.

Send me a PM if you're interested.

malhavoc

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
malhavoc
So Lag and I decided to go tame an Argeventis or two tonight. First one we came across was 100 and got taming bonus of 20 levels. Didn't really luck out on a second one so we fed them to the described Fappy. We are heading back to base after saddling her up and about halfway of our long journey a level 36 alpha raptor decides Fappy is a late night snack. Sadly, she had just assisted with taking down a level 108 Rex and gotten to 121.

So Long Fappy, we hardly knew ya!

Reactions: RipVanDan and BOX3R

Sanbo

Admiral
Donor
Oct 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Sanbo
Cant wait to come back on Friday and play been reading up on the new patch. I really want some beavers!

Reactions: JC Pax

Halesh

Commander
Mar 1, 2016
RSI Handle
Halesh
Cool, I'll build a crappy Thatch hut, then set in on fire.... because I just want to watch it burn.

Sethious

Space Marshal
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
SethiousFel
Just making a note of the boundaries once again.

I only mention this as it has been questioned and we will hold true to the past in saying if you are going to build a gate over the cave you can either have it unlocked and open to everyone or be prepared to have it destroyed.

Reactions: Tortilla the Hun

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
So I log on tonight after a 12 hour shift at work just to see the message I was killed by RoyalSight, while I was logged off, they took a bunch of my stuff, and killed off nearly all of my tamed dinos. I guess the pvp/pve lines aren't defined well enough for some people still. So much for all the time spent taming and collecting materials.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
So I log on tonight after a 12 hour shift at work just to see the message I was killed by RoyalSight, while I was logged off, they took a bunch of my stuff, and killed off nearly all of my tamed dinos. I guess the pvp/pve lines aren't defined well enough for some people still. So much for all the time spent taming and collecting materials.
Screenshot the tribe log please, it will show the kill messages and an admin can take action on your behalf.

Also please confirm the coordinates of your base.

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
Screenshot the tribe log please, it will show the kill messages and an admin can take action on your behalf.

Also please confirm the coordinates of your base.
Guess tribe log doesn't exist until you are in a tribe... and of course I didn't screenshot the death screen when I logged on. My coordinates are approximately 65, 85 on the southeastern shore, pretty sure thats pve area... if the map is still accurate. I did find a bunch of my Dilo's... they were swimming way off shore, must have chased the person that killed me.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Guess tribe log doesn't exist until you are in a tribe... and of course I didn't screenshot the death screen when I logged on. My coordinates are approximately 65, 85 on the southeastern shore, pretty sure thats pve area... if the map is still accurate. I did find a bunch of my Dilo's... they were swimming way off shore, must have chased the person that killed me.
Definitely make yourself a tribe, even if you are the only one in it. It will keep a log of who kills what dinos even when you are offline.

@Hydro_Axis can you help @Halvix get back on his feet please? Or someone else who is active on the server?

Also apparently some action is required to let RoyalSight know that he is breaking server rules and such action will not be tolerated.

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
Definitely make yourself a tribe, even if you are the only one in it. It will keep a log of who kills what dinos even when you are offline.

@Hydro_Axis can you help @Halvix get back on his feet please? Or someone else who is active on the server?

Also apparently some action is required to let RoyalSight know that he is breaking server rules and such action will not be tolerated.
Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I created a tribe as soon as I realized its required for the logs. Finding that my small army of Dilo's was still alive definately helps. I'll take a few more precautions even though I am based in the pve area. I'm still learning the game, haven't even owned it a week. This weekend I think I'll tame a few dozen more Dilo's for watch dogs. They're so easy to tame and in large numbers are pretty scary. I only had 10 of them and easily took down a carno that wandered too close to my base. Soon my minions will blot out the sun...

And Hydro already has been helpful, he dropped off a bunch of meat and hides my very first night on the server.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
One more thing I highly recommend for everyone, even in the PVE zone: Species X plant turrets.

You will need to go into the swamp to gather the seeds, and then you will need to guard the plant for a few hours while it grows. It requires a large crop plot, so you need to get to the appropriate level before you can make those, but once you can do so, prioritize this. Don't plant too many, they require a lot of fertilizer to get started - but do plant some, even though it's supposedly a PVE area. As you can see, not everyone obeys the rules.

Having a few of those will help keep scavengers out of your base. If someone is really determined to raid you, they are going to do it whether you have SX or not. But at least it will help prevent some of the more opportunistic theft.

Sethious

Space Marshal
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
SethiousFel
if anyone needs plots for these please let me know.

As far as RoyalSight is concerned, he has been caught multiple times. I'm formally petitioning a one week ban for him, regardless, and if his names pops up again a permanent ban from Ark.

Everyone want to play differently. I understand that. We have had some miscommunication but like the adults we are we have been able to resolve them without too much difficulty.

Forgot your password?