Votes: 18 20.0%

• Total voters

Sanbo

Admiral
Donor
Oct 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Sanbo
The Center is an amazing map. I'm split on the whole starting over. I do think it would be fun but only if we could port over the same toons.

Reactions: JC Pax

Arrangingstars

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Arrangingstars
That map is gorgeous! O_O By the way, I'd probably play more if when I hopped in everything wasn't pretty much already "done". I think when I joined the server, someone just said they weren't even really playing anymore they were just testing/sciencing things for when the game does officially go live. That map might be a good dry run in terms of adjusting to a new map and area.

JC Pax

Commander
Feb 13, 2016
RSI Handle
JC_Pax
That map is gorgeous! O_O By the way, I'd probably play more if when I hopped in everything wasn't pretty much already "done". I think when I joined the server, someone just said they weren't even really playing anymore they were just testing/sciencing things for when the game does officially go live. That map might be a good dry run in terms of adjusting to a new map and area.
now i really wanna start the new server... arking with the birthday twin.

The Center is an amazing map. I'm split on the whole starting over. I do think it would be fun but only if we could port over the same toons.
IM know xist can turn on the export and let us save our toons and import them to the new server... but somone would have to verify the names and levels to prevent somone from importing a new toon thats way above thier existing level

Reactions: Grimbli

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
That map looks awesome.

I was thinking... If people want to try this map... Why not try it on an official server? SW is launching new official servers "in May" (not sure when) for this map.

If we had a TEST squad get on there on day 1, we could be the alpha tribe on the server, and presumably have a lot of people there to kill, steal materials from and/or to be friends with. Whatever.

The very best time to join a server is when it's brand new. Nobody shows up at your spawn point riding a Giga telling you what the server rules are. Instead, we make the server rules.

I have a team of 4-5 people who have expressed interest in doing this. The more people we have, the more unstoppable we will be.

Those of you who think you've done it all and you're just now maintaining stuff on the TEST server, you may want to consider this. There will be PVP action to keep it interesting.

Those of you who want to build stuff but everything is already built, this will be a virgin server where everybody else is starting off at zero just like you. (But join us and help us build, rather than trying to go it alone, you'll have more fun that way in the end).

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
If we had a TEST squad get on there on day 1, we could be the alpha tribe on the server, and presumably have a lot of people there to kill, steal materials from and/or to be friends with. Whatever.
I am 100% on board with this! I've just been wanting to learn the game myself so far but I would love to have a TEST Tribe on another server so we could all work together. Would make it a lot more fun to coordinate things.

JC Pax

Commander
Feb 13, 2016
RSI Handle
JC_Pax
That map looks awesome.

I was thinking... If people want to try this map... Why not try it on an official server? SW is launching new official servers "in May" (not sure when) for this map.

The very best time to join a server is when it's brand new. Nobody shows up at your spawn point riding a Giga telling you what the server rules are. Instead, we make the server rules.

I have a team of 4-5 people who have expressed interest in doing this. The more people we have, the more unstoppable we will be.

Those of you who think you've done it all and you're just now maintaining stuff on the TEST server, you may want to consider this. There will be PVP action to keep it interesting.

Those of you who want to build stuff but everything is already built, this will be a virgin server where everybody else is starting off at zero just like you. (But join us and help us build, rather than trying to go it alone, you'll have more fun that way in the end).

i 1/2 like this idea... the parts i dont like.... There is NO admin support... Minor mod support... pretty much no rules at all.. anything flys

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
If a lot of people are interested in going to a new server and starting a Test Tribe then I would love to start doing some researching of my own on some things I've thought about in game. Problem is, it's difficult enough just taking care of my own food/water, getting food for dinos, gathering materials, and then going to do what I'd like.

So I would like to put out there that I'd like to join an existing tribe on our server. I wouldn't be much help as I'm still 62, but I could do some material runs or building in return for materials or items I can't craft to aid in my experiments.

I don't want to say what they are right now, but I think they'd be supremely useful for getting us a HUGE kickstart on a new server. As well as aiding in late game.

Let me know if any of you are interested.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
i 1/2 like this idea... the parts i dont like.... There is NO admin support... Minor mod support... pretty much no rules at all.. anything flys
True, no admins. But generally admins aren't needed IMO.

There will be no mods on the server. Gather/taming/etc rates will all be default. Which means no way you want to play it solo, but as a tribe of people working together (especially with 5-10 active people) it's a huge amount of fun in spite of default values. You will actually need help taming things and gathering enough materials to build large structures.

No rules basically means there will be PVP. People will steal from you if you let them. (So don't! Defend yourself). People will wipe you if you let them. (So don't! Defend yourself).

The flip side to that coin is if all TEST is together in a tribe, we can scavenge from all the other tribes. They left their door open? Take everything valuable, and throw everything else on the ground. Their door is closed but it's wood? Stop by with a trike, break it down, steal everything valuable and throw the rest on the ground. Stone door? Throw a grenade, steal everything valuable and throw the rest on the ground. Metal door? You need a few grenades. Turrets? OK, they aren't noobs, so wait until you think they have enough stuff worth raiding them, and then raid them.

JC Pax

Commander
Feb 13, 2016
RSI Handle
JC_Pax
same applies to us... One screw up... one door left open.. everything is pretty much gone.... Plus theres no guarantee we will even become the alpha tribe.. we could easily fall to a larger group

Just making sure everyone knows what they are getting in to.. i know there s people here that have never played on an official server... they are very unforgiving.. There is no live and let live when it comes to pvp servers.. people will come out of the wood works with every intention to fuck your shit up and make you want to quit..

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
@JC Pax true you don't want to leave doors open!

That's a good reason also to have multiple bases. The more bases you have, the more you can spread your stuff out. So if you mess up at one and you get raided there, you don't lose everything. You just lose what was at that one base.

Plus that's a good way for people who prefer to be solo to have their own little area where they build and be "alone". But they're tied to the larger TEST tribe for protection.

Honestly if we can get 5-10 active players we can compete. If we get 10-15 we can completely dominate. Nobody will attack us for fear of retribution. Sure they will scavenge if we give them the chance - c'est la vie.

RipVanDan

Space Marshal
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
RipVanDan
Just level up naked, build nothing, tame a few hundred dilos and you'll have nothing to lose.. It's like crashing Aurora's into the sun.
I wonder what would happen if you tamed everything you saw and set to wander. Could you eventually fill the island?

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I wonder what would happen if you tamed everything you saw and set to wander. Could you eventually fill the island?
I was wondering myself today what the point of "wander" is. Seems like they just run off and probably get killed. Granted, I didn't let them get far before whistling to follow. Maybe I should test it and follow them.

RipVanDan

Space Marshal
Dec 23, 2014
RSI Handle
RipVanDan
I was wondering myself today what the point of "wander" is. Seems like they just run off and probably get killed. Granted, I didn't let them get far before whistling to follow. Maybe I should test it and follow them.
It is good for resource gathering if they can fend for themselves. There are a few dinos that will passively gather while they are on wander. I have a gather team using a doedicirus, Beaver, and argy. I ride the "brodicirus" set the Beaver to wander when the browser fills up I transfer to the beaver when the beaver fills up I set the bro to wander and fly the beaver back to base to unload.

Sanbo

Admiral
Donor
Oct 13, 2014
RSI Handle
Sanbo
So we were playing around on The Center map last night for a few hours. There are so many new areas they added since the last time I played it. I would really check it out on single player or the server Bull set up to test it out.

I kind of want to do full PVE on it just to build up and explore until the official launches. That way we could be ready if the move to official happens. Make a more relaxed environment for people to explore the new map.

JC Pax

Commander
Feb 13, 2016
RSI Handle
JC_Pax

we have a few 200 rexes set to wonder and agressive on the pvp side.. the gigas didnt even attack them...

JC Pax

Commander
Feb 13, 2016
RSI Handle
JC_Pax
My and my brother are probbaly gunna head over to Bulls server on the center

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Important things to discover before we can do a big push to take over a new official server:

1) Where are all of the resources located, especially those that may be rare?
1A) Get confirmed coordinates of BEAVER DAMS. These are the key to owning PVP. MUST have complete control over at least 1 area with natural beaver dam spawns.
2) What are the best locations for bases (special emphasis on PVP defenses, like up on high cliffs where Gigas can't get to them)?
3) Where are the best starting areas that will help us move to #2 as soon as possible?

If we can make up a good game plan then it will maximize our chances of getting a good start, progressing as fast or faster than the competition, and securing and end-game base location before others get there.

Once we have a location secured, focus should shift toward raiding the other tribes that are looking like actual competition, especially those that are trying to get end-game locations themselves. Some of the tribe could focus on raiding and generally keeping the competition in check while the builders/gatherers focus on building up our defenses further.

Reactions: BOX3R and Grimbli
Forgot your password?