TEST Fitness?

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
My workout program has REALLY been working for me. I will make a suit out of dollar bills then head down to the train depot to fight hobos. Once you learn to protect your eyes and watch for deadly BumSpit, its a heck of a workout!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Well boys, coming from a 38 year old man who has never been 'ripped' . . .
fuck me is staying in shape difficult.

I work out 5 days a week minimum. This last transitional period has been hard as hell on my body, and for the first time in my life I broke 240 lbs. It's a slow crawl back to where I wanna be. But I've managed to shed 10 lbs and 3 inches since February, so there is that. Currently 46" gut and 238 lbs. So the goal is to get to 40". I don't give two shits about my weight, so long as I'm not carrying a spare tire.

So I usually do a high intensity workout in the AM. 100 burpees for time, 100 x 53 lbs kettlebell swings for time, 10 x 100m or 5-7 x 200m sprints. A couple days a week I toss in some nice compound exercises, like deadlifts (265 lbs ATM) or pullups, core, etc.

I just started running again as well. Started with a little 6 km run pushing my son in a stroller last night. I was going to try and loose my weight without running, as I have read that it increases cortisol levels and can be counter productive. However, my attempts to burn the belly fat without it haven't amounted to much gain (lose?). So I will be doing a 5-7 km run 3-4 times a week from hear on out.

So if this thread stays alive, I'll keep y'all posted on my progress going forward.

Cheers lads and lasses.

Harkuno

Sticker King
May 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkuno
Well boys, coming from a 38 year old man who has never been 'ripped' . . .
fuck me is staying in shape difficult.

I work out 5 days a week minimum. This last transitional period has been hard as hell on my body, and for the first time in my life I broke 240 lbs. It's a slow crawl back to where I wanna be. But I've managed to shed 10 lbs and 3 inches since February, so there is that. Currently 46" gut and 238 lbs. So the goal is to get to 40". I don't give two shits about my weight, so long as I'm not carrying a spare tire.

So I usually do a high intensity workout in the AM. 100 burpees for time, 100 x 53 lbs kettlebell swings for time, 10 x 100m or 5-7 x 200m sprints. A couple days a week I toss in some nice compound exercises, like deadlifts (265 lbs ATM) or pullups, core, etc.

I just started running again as well. Started with a little 6 km run pushing my son in a stroller last night. I was going to try and loose my weight without running, as I have read that it increases cortisol levels and can be counter productive. However, my attempts to burn the belly fat without it haven't amounted to much gain (lose?). So I will be doing a 5-7 km run 3-4 times a week from hear on out.

So if this thread stays alive, I'll keep y'all posted on my progress going forward.

Cheers lads and lasses.
Awesome to hear man, I'll try to keep this thread alive :)

might even post some updates myself :D

Harkuno

Sticker King
May 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkuno
>TFW work calls you in on a gym day

called in to do overtime tomorrow so RIP gym session (more money sorta makes up for it tho :P)

on the plus side, managed to get leg day in today, still working up the weights untill I reach a point I fail at :)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Tried something new this morning. Started at 15 x 53 lbs Kettlebell swings and 15 x Burpees. No stopping. Reverse pyramid down to 1. 15, 14, 13, 12 etc etc etc.

Fucking death. I made it in 19:29. That's 120 of each. I shall conquer this belly!! *sips his beer*

smeggy

Space Marshal
Aug 28, 2015
RSI Handle
sm3ggy
Restarting my exercise sets. Mostly doing simple lazy stuff.
Sunday: (if weather permits) about a 10km walk
Monday, Wed, Friday nights after work: 3 sets of 5pairs of jumping jacks and side-jacks, then 4 sets of 10 squats and 10sec. squad holds.
Tues, Thurs: (if weather permits) a 5-8km walk after work about 1.5 hours, or if raining walk around my house for a couple hours.

Harkuno

Sticker King
May 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkuno
Leg days going well, blasted through using the green kettlebell (24kg) for Goblet Squats and the Romanian Deadlifts, on to 25kg Dumbell and 30kg bar respectively :)
(although I might just jump up to 27.5 for sqats to keep it even)

Hit where I need to be training at on Arms, using 20kg for the Landmine Press, 22.5kg Dumbells for Dumbell Press and level 12 on the assistes pull-up machine (which is about 63% of my body weight i need to pull up)

Looking forwards to seeing the training pay off at the end of June :D

Reactions: Blind Owl

Harkuno

Sticker King
May 14, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkuno
I do intermittent fasting 5 days a week with one day being a 24hour fast and 4 days 8/16 or 4/20.

How i stay fit:
1.Calisthenics
2.fasting
3. adult twister
As a user of the Light theme, that is some bright green :D
When you say the other days are 8/16 or 4/20, what do you mean? is it like calorie intake control or something?

Forgot your password?