TEST RoE Policy... who needs one?

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
I like theorycrafting, particularly in reference to my work in real life. In this I want to start a discussion about TEST Squadron and how us Testies view Rules of Engagement. (RoE)

So rules of engagement are complicated as fuck IRL, at least when it comes to the laws governing it. But in space, no one can hear you cry for your parents/UEE law enforcement when your helmet glass shatters.

I am really curious on how yall are going to address engaging potential pirates, busybodies, and space kittens.
So tell me.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Rules of engagement? Anything thats greifing/trolling, otherwise known as a 'Dick Move', should be discouraged.

NaffNaffBobFace's list of "Dick Moves":

No Pad Camping: (hovering over the pads and blowing up any ship that spawns): Thats greifing, not engaging.

No Spawn Camping (finding a spawn point and killing anyone or anything that appears there): Same as above.

No Ganking: Ramming is a legit method of engagement, but Ganking is using Ramming to attack in an area you are not supposed to be attacking in, like Olisars armistice zone, giving you a huge advantage over anyone else nearby, as you know they don't have any weapons to fight back with.

Anything else which you would be able to say "My session in the 'Verse last hight was ruined because some guy was using a Dick Move on me for like twenty minutes before I just gave up and went and watched TV"

Last edited:

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
if we are going to make rules we need to be very careful, as enforcement in an org as large as TEST is Very Hard

and being the enforcer is a job that nobody you want for a friend wants

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
@NaffNaffBobFace also, don’t shoot fellow TEST members unless invited to do so.
Examples: I am looking to test this bug I noticed when my wing is blown off; I am looking to improve my avoidance combat skills; x and y want to test turrets, so z volunteers as a target; etc.

Of course, if you don’t know them and they are not in test discord, they are fair game for now.

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
TEST Rules of Engagment.

Rule Number 1. Make sure beer* is in hand and full.**
Rule Number 2. Do not spill the beer.
Rule Number 3. If there is no beer in hand, see rule number one.

*Beer may be substituted with other alcoholic beverages at the TESTies discretion.
**Beer may be held in both hands at once.

Last edited:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
No Pad Camping: (hovering over the pads and blowing up any ship that spawns): Thats greifing, not engaging.

No Spawn Camping (finding a spawn point and killing anyone or anything that appears there): Same as above.

No Ganking: Ramming is a legit method of engagement, but Ganking is using Ramming to attack in an area you are not supposed to be attacking in, like Olisars armistice zone, giving you a huge advantage over anyone else nearby, as you know they don't have any weapons to fight back with.

Anything else which you would be able to say "My session in the 'Verse last hight was ruined because some guy was using a Dick Move on me for like twenty minutes before I just gave up and went and watched TV"
I think the criminal rating scale will take care of all this. When most people see what the consequences of criminal status are, they'll find reasons to play nice.

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
Rules...
FTFY
Go by the golden rule, pee pew unto others as you would have them pew pew pew unto you.
if we are going to make rules we need to be very careful, as enforcement in an org as large as TEST is Very Hard

and being the enforcer is a job that nobody you want for a friend wants
Let's say @Wolfy keeps spawn camping some dude... and @Wolfy says "dude did it to me first" but then ADI recorded Wolfie doing it and posts it on spectrum and thru say "Look TEST IS GRIEFERS" and then we're at war with harold the galaxy... I'm okay with kicking Wolfie out.

:)

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
...Let's say @Wolfy keeps spawn camping some dude... and @Wolfy says "dude did it to me first" but then ADI recorded Wolfie doing it and posts it on spectrum and thru say "Look TEST IS GRIEFERS" and then we're at war with harold the galaxy... I'm okay with kicking Wolfie out.

:slight_smile:
I nominate myself for the diplomatic corps because it will require someone with my discernment and wisdom (not to mention humility) to determine if we should make war or make peace in these situations

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
Tealwraith's Rules of Engagement: Don't carry a weapon, just medical equipment. Heal anyone in need. Don't charge TESTies. Double charge a$$holes. Triple charge anyone and their entire org who kills Tealwraith.

If you see any holes in that, I'd be willing to consider a modification like carrying a pistol on planets with tigers and flying crotch spiders and such.

Who is harold?

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
That's the beauty of TEST you can play as aggressive or passive you want. We only expect you all to not cause blue on blue incidents and help other TEST members in need.

Since we are a big entity and have our fair share of jealous orgs looking at us, I do expect our members to be the target of other orgs. So if you are looking for a completely passive carebear org, trouble may come knocking whether you ask for it or not.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?