TEST Squadron Desk Mat!

Are you *seriously* interested in purchasing a TEST Desk Pad?

• Yes Pad

Votes: 73 59.3%
  • No, my desk is #yoloSwag'd out more than I can handle already!

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • Not at this time, but in the future.

Votes: 20 16.3%
  • Maybe if there is enough interest I'll go in on one.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • Yes. In fact I will want more than 1!

Votes: 3 2.4%

• Total voters

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
The number of TEST mouse pads in my house is too damn high!

That's the dozen rough mats (on top) and the dozen proper mats.

To compare the NEW mats with the mat from the OP:

That's a new rough mat on top, a new smooth mat in the center, and the original mat on the bottom.

The difference in color really is that vibrant! The new mats are much more true to the original image in terms of color saturation. The original mat seems washed out/sun bleached compared to the new mats.

6 of the smooth mats are spoken for, boxed up, and being shipped out on Saturday. A couple more are spoken for, and on reserve until the 15th of December.

The current plan is to mail 2 extra mats to Myre, who is in England, so if any of you European members want one LET ME KNOW ASAP! (If you do, we'll have to work with Myre to figure out your shipping costs from him.)

I will be hanging on to 2 extras myself for anyone stateside that wants one. See the OP for details on getting one of your own. The same deal applies once these are all gone. There has to be enough interest to allow me to justify the cost of getting an order placed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To give some additional info on the ROUGH mats.

While the fabric is noticeably different, it is just as good looking as the SMOOTH mats. The fabric is intentionally designed to prevent objects from sliding around on it. If you want a mat for your keyboard and HOTAS then it would be perfect for that, but I would *not* recommend using the rough mats for your mouse. You can do what you want with it obviously, but all sales are final :p

EDIT: Changed price on rough mat to 20$ shipped

Speaking of sales, if you want a rough mat, I'm thinking that $20 including shipping (to US members) is how I want to handle them. Shipping will on average run $7-10 and the money made from these will go towards getting more of the smooth mats. I'm not looking to make money from fellow TEST members, but I feel that this is a good opportunity to allow me some additional freedom to continue being able to provide cool stuff for everyone that wants it! (That means I'm not super interested in doing trades for them, but I will entertain an offer so don't think you're out of luck.)

Last edited:
Reactions: hardroc77

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Newish member too. Any rough mats available?. Looking to keep my HOTAS in place. Also, in Canada, for shipping purposes. PM me brother. I'll PayPal you immediately if available.

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
Newish member too. Any rough mats available?. Looking to keep my HOTAS in place. Also, in Canada, for shipping purposes. PM me brother. I'll PayPal you immediately if available.
Will do!

I'll be updating the OP with info on the rough mats, but in case anyone was previously curious about them, but wasn't thrilled with spending $25 bucks on one (I don't really blame you) I've dropped the price to $20 (that still includes shipping which is usually around 7 bucks to almost anywhere stateside for me).

I have updated my post about the rough mats reflecting this as well. Linky

I'll be reiterating this, but just so everyone is aware right now: I do not plan on getting more of the rough mats. I've got 1 going out today and another 1-2 potentially claimed. Once these are all gone (I started with 12, and it looks like I'll have 10 left come the 19th) they are gone! The mats normally cost me 30 bucks each with a minimum order of 10. The rough mats were a screw up so that's why I'm able to ask $20 for one.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I bought two. For the good of the squadron. And because I'm dying. Wait, fuck you autocorrect. Because I'm drunk. Although once I crawl into bed with my beer breath and start snoring I may end up dead. But those are trivialities. Nice mats; that's what's real. (I hope they soak up beer)

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
Update!

Current available stock:
Smooth mats: 0!!
Rough: 10

Woahdude.gif!! The last smooth mat is on reserve (it *might* become available again, but I cannot promise that)! I have updated the OP with this info. I hope to get another order of at least 10 sometime in January, but it's hard to say when exactly.

Don't forget to mention that all proceeds are going into you next TEST themed merch adventure, for the good of all of us!
Yes. I'm not pocketing the money and buying fancy beer with it. The sales of any rough mats gets put aside into a separate account so it won't be touched unless I'm getting more TEST swag made.

Reactions: Blind Owl

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
Got my mat two days ago. Just clean up all the shit off my desk so I can display this beauty. If any more smooth ones appear, let me know. It'd look perfect next to her sister!

BTW, a well made mat. Very good quality. Thanks.
Test Mat 1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: EpilepticCricket

RedPandaRawr

Space Marshal
Dec 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Panda-Horo
Let me know if any smooth mats become available after 22nd of Jan (when i get paid >_>) / when the next batch maybe done, i would love to buy one, but also live in the uk :<

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
For the record, the rough mat works great with a laser mouse. Been playing on it all night. Its not really rough. Just rougher than the smooth. Hey, it's 4:20am, it makes sense to me.

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
After seeing the confirmation that Myre received the extra mats I sent him (well after the fact), a 2 mats are now available.

If you're in Europe, Myre is holding 1 mat that is available (he had two, but Ichiru is in the UK as well so he's getting one of the extras I sent across the pond).

If you're stateside, the last smooth mat I have is now available (it was originally reserved for the giveaway winner).

Of course there are still 10 of the rough mats available, and while the praise from @Blind Owl is wonderful, I still wouldn't recommend them for heavy mouse gaming :)

If you are interested, PM ME! I'll try and stay on top of replies to this thread, but PMing is a better method for discussing details and is much more likely to get a prompt response!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Of course there are still 10 of the rough mats available, and while the praise from @Blind Owl is wonderful, I still wouldn't recommend them for heavy mouse gaming :)
Good lord, he disagrees!! I have a wife for that. Ha. ;) Its a beautiful mat. I envisioned a fun fur mat when he said rough. Nope, more like photo paper vs construction paper. Just my two cents (which is like 1/8th cent USD). I'd buy all his rough mats, but I have to feed my wife, so she can feed my baby. Apparently that's a priority or something.

Reactions: EpilepticCricket
Forgot your password?