Test Squadron Rally Team - Calling All Racers

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Buggy Devision 2 was wiped out by a server crash so they have restarted the server and the race - as its a time trial the results of the Tumbril race won't be in until they either finish or go past the time of the winner from the other divisions.

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
That looked well fun, had to go to bed before the end - anyone know where the results are listed?
➡ https://www.daymarrally.com/2950-teams

Now, the goal for the Test Squadron Racing Team is to be listed on the Winners list next year.
I'm going to create a training plan later this week and officially invite all those who responded -- thanks again!

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
I'm interested, this could be fun. I'm happy to race or provide support in one form or another. I'm assuming we'll be getting racers together and practicing? Just gives me an excuse to put a few buggies in the garage of my Carrack and go have some fun. 😁

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
➡ https://www.daymarrally.com/2950-teams

Now, the goal for the Test Squadron Racing Team is to be listed on the Winners list next year.
I'm going to create a training plan later this week and officially invite all those who responded -- thanks again!
Many thanks! I'm looking forward to next years foot race :)

I wonder if they'll have a Greycat buggy race too?

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Thanks for response, everyone! :o7:
Before we kick-off with the Org-wide event (date TBA), let's start with an ad-hoc meet-up on Daymar tonight or tomorrow, depending on the availability of all interested Testies.

Pre-Kickoff Meet-up

Details:

Date: January 31, 2020
Party Launch time: 20:30 UTC / 12:30 PM PST / 03:30 PM EST / 07:30 AM AEDT
Event Start time: 20:35 UTC / 12:35 PM PST / 03:35 PM EST / 07:35 AM AEDT

Location / Assembly Point: Daymar, Shubin Mining Facility
Comms: Discord #rally-team channel
Voice: Rally Team Pre-Kickoff channel

Add me to your contact list in case you don't have me already added -- RSI handle: wmk

Objectives:

1. Have fun,
  2. Check if the Red Cyclone is really faster than the White one,
  3. Check if keyboard + mouse can be still used in the recently changed gravity and updated vehicle handling; laugh at those trying to use Xbox controller (like me),
  4. Impress others with your Knox,
  5. Kill at least 5 Testies when your Knox goes haywire,
  6. Attempt to follow a test route to Earger Flats Emergency Shelter; cooperate with the support ship.

Some air support required:

-- Event security (1-2 fighters),
-- Air Support (Valk / Starfarer / Starfarer Gemini),
-- A single Cutlass Red (optional)

------------------------
Paging:
@Denerius @LoicFarris @placid @Big-Moose @Smithory @Lorddarthvik @Ryonin Shonin @Jangmo @marcsand2

Also paging...:
Owner of the pretty red toycar @Printimus and @August

Last edited:
  • Glorious
Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Thanks for participating in the Pre-Kickoff Meet-up, everyone. It was a great team effort!
We didn't reach the finish line, but it doesn't matter. We gained a lot of experience, and had a lot of fun.

Below images summarize the test ride; our buggies spent 75% of time on their backs with the legs sticking up in the air :glorious:
@marcsand2 did a great job as the one-man Cyclone Recovery Team :o7: ! ; )

ScreenShot0976.jpg

ScreenShot0928.jpg

ScreenShot0962.jpg

ScreenShot0948.jpg

ScreenShot0841.jpg

Last edited:

Denerius

Admiral
May 17, 2019
RSI Handle
Deneriuss
We need to organize and figure out a way to do this were we have several teams available at different times. I am typically available most days Monday through Friday during Day time hours pretty much 9-5 Eastern standard time.

Reactions: marcsand2

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Due to the obvious reasons most of the organized events take place on Saturdays and Sundays. However, 2 pm EST is 8 pm CET, so there is a chance ; )

BTW, thanks for fixing your RSI handle on the forum; it was pointing to "Den" before, and "Den" didn't look like a Testie...

Forgot your password?