Other TEST Weapons Research Lab - FOR SCIENCE!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Your math is off, anti-science is much more common which makes science the much more valuable commodity.
200 Science hence is like 4000 Anti-Science. And that is if they are of the same grade!
I beg to differ - Although Anti-Science is commonplace it is not pure as it can rarely exist in a pure form without being contaminated with Science:

For example, in using math to formulate how much Anti-Science you have, you are using not only a science, you are using a pure science - this immediately degrades the purity of Anti-Science. As most Anti-Science exists within the laws and constraints of the physical world, sciences like Biology, Physics, Chemistry, thermodynamics etc, even further degrade the Anti-Science. I'd be surprised if there was an example of Anti-Science more than 45% pure, and more likely much much less, maybe even in single figures.

Lets look at a case in point - an Idiot hitting a can of WD40 with a stick until it explodes:

On the surface this seems totally Anti Science, that's a damned stupid thing to do... but to hit the can the idiot needs Science to invent, formulate and package WD40 for him. He also needs nature to use the science of Biology to make the stick for him. Finally the idiot needs to utilize muscle energy to move the stick, leverage to multiply the force of this muscles via the stick applied to the can into kinetic energy which pierces the can which then converts the chemical energy contained within into heat and light. And fire. Lots of fire. He even uses Science to extinguish his burning clothes by dropping and rolling.

The only part of that whole situation that was Anti-Science was the idea to hit the can with a stick in the first place to see what happened. That wasn't Science, and the Gods of Anti-Science will have accepted his burnt eyebrows as a grateful sacrifice.

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
If you need a data runner I will be open for business, at cost, to TESTies. Plus I will park my 890 Jump nearby with an open bar!
Many thanks, hopefully if we have more than one science ship plying the space-lanes or a science base/s any discoveries made by one can be transported by TESTies in fast Heralds to the others... if that becomes a thing we can actually do...

A lot of theorycraft lives within TWRL/TWIRL right now but then RockRaiders had to make do with tails of the Asteroid Menace before the mining mechanic arrived for them to put it to practice. Keep up the good suggestions!

Last edited:

at-2500

Vice Admiral
Donor
Aug 24, 2018
RSI Handle
at2500
I beg to differ - Although Anti-Science is commonplace it is not pure as it can rarely exist in a pure form without being contaminated with Science:

For example, in using math to formulate how much Anti-Science you have, you are using not only a science, you are using a pure science - this immediately degrades the purity of Anti-Science. As most Anti-Science exists within the laws and constraints of the physical world, sciences like Biology, Physics, Chemistry, thermodynamics etc, even further degrade the Anti-Science. I'd be surprised if there was an example of Anti-Science more than 45% pure, and more likely much much less, maybe even in single figures.

Lets look at a case in point - an Idiot hitting a can of WD40 with a stick until it explodes:

On the surface this seems totally Anti Science, that's a damned stupid thing to do... but to hit the can the idiot needs Science to invent, formulate and package WD40 for him. He also needs nature to use the science of Biology to make the stick for him. Finally the idiot needs to utilize muscle energy to move the stick, leverage to multiply the force of this muscles via the stick applied to the can into kinetic energy which pierces the can which then converts the chemical energy contained within into heat and light. And fire. Lots of fire. He even uses Science to extinguish his burning clothes by dropping and rolling.

The only part of that whole situation that was Anti-Science was the idea to hit the can with a stick in the first place to see what happened. That wasn't Science, and the Gods of Anti-Science will have accepted his burnt eyebrows as a grateful sacrifice.
Thank you for making me watch idiots crashing supercars for half an hour because your video linked to those...
kisspng-emoji-sticker-face-anger-emoticon-whatsapp-emoji-5ae0dce7c7a0f3.5894768315246860558177.jpg

... although there is a lot of science there too, so maybe you have a point.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza

I disagree this is not an idiot, but a mighty fine testie performing field research on the interaction of kinetic energy applied through fulcrum mechanics upon a pressurized flammable container.

DarthMatter

Space Marshal
Jul 18, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMatter
I disagree this is not an idiot, but a mighty fine testie performing field research on the interaction of kinetic energy applied through fulcrum mechanics upon a pressurized flammable container.
Now we just need to use his findings and figure out how to weaponize it.

In this case I think it's pretty simple.
We send pressurized flammable containers at an enemy ship, that when hitting the ship explodes. Maybe not as seen in the video, but it is still pressure escaping, which should be plenty violent.
This explosion can then be used, if applied correctly, to make the enemy ship spinn! Keeping upp the bombardment will cause the enemy pilot/crew to be in danger of loose objects flying around killing them!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Now we just need to use his findings and figure out how to weaponize it.

In this case I think it's pretty simple.
We send pressurized flammable containers at an enemy ship, that when hitting the ship explodes. Maybe not as seen in the video, but it is still pressure escaping, which should be plenty violent.
This explosion can then be used, if applied correctly, to make the enemy ship spinn! Keeping upp the bombardment will cause the enemy pilot/crew to be in danger of loose objects flying around killing them!
Now that is interesting - I have yet to see any pilot seat in the game come with seat-belts to keep you strapped into them...

Reactions: Bambooza and Ammorn

DorianSkyphire

Space Marshal
Nov 29, 2016
RSI Handle
DorianSkyphire
Shitpost module as a ship electronics upgrade module. It's a form of electronic warfare module that fills the enemy ship's MFDs and HUDs with memes and shitposts and blasts Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up over the ship's radio and intercom.
or take it a step further.. you hijack their comms, and force them to shitpost all of that to their entire org in game :)

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
You know what Protoss carrier that launched a swarm of drones to attack targets and could manufacture them on-board? Something like that. Drones with explosives, drones that scan, drones that move stuff, and an alcohol retrieval drone fleet.
You do realize we would start with the alcohol retrieval drone fleet and never really progress from there.

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
The TESTquisition supports the use of sentient Xenos species as disposable targets for weapons TESTing. Please report any subjects to the nearest TESTstop so a disposal Kraken can be dispatched when TESTing is done.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
The TESTquisition supports the use of sentient Xenos species as disposable targets for weapons TESTing. Please report any subjects to the nearest TESTstop so a disposal Kraken can be dispatched when TESTing is done.
I would like it noted that TEST Weapons Research Lab (TWRL) does not test on animals or sentients of any kind.

Our view is if it can make it through an inch of steel it's guaranteed to make it through flesh.

TWRL - It's that Anti-Personnel touch that makes TWRL munitions a TESTies best friend.

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
I would like it noted that TEST Weapons Research Lab (TWRL) does not test on animals or sentients of any kind.

Our view is if it can make it through an inch of steel it's guaranteed to make it through flesh.

TWRL - It's that Anti-Personnel touch that makes TWRL munitions a TESTies best friend.

That's fine, we can conduct our own tests on xenos. Lots of xenos. Gotta get a wide spectrum of comparable data.

Reactions: Ammorn and Bambooza

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
That's fine, we can conduct our own tests on xenos. Lots of xenos. Gotta get a wide spectrum of comparable data.
Not only should you test on as many different kinds of xenos, you should also repeat the test as many times as you can for each race and type of xenos for reliable and accurate results. After all, proven science is repeatable results, and the more you test and repeat the results the more accurate and proven the theory.

Reactions: Bambooza

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
Not only should you test on as many different kinds of xenos, you should also repeat the test as many times as you can for each race and type of xenos for reliable and accurate results. After all, proven science is repeatable results, and the more you test and repeat the results the more accurate and proven the theory.
This man gets the idea.

Reactions: Ammorn and Bambooza

Stoutman

Space Marshal
May 1, 2016
RSI Handle
Stoutman
I'm looking forward to buying a dozen identical components and having them all improved by the collider workings. Then I can keep the one or two best for myself and sell the rest off to break even or maybe make a profit. I used to do this back in the Star Wars Galaxy days and it works great!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I'm looking forward to buying a dozen identical components and having them all improved by the collider workings. Then I can keep the one or two best for myself and sell the rest off to break even or maybe make a profit. I used to do this back in the Star Wars Galaxy days and it works great!
An excellent plan, as long as they don't make the process too complicated by needing something stupid like rare element Unobtainum to do it with you may be on to a sustainable funding model for the division.

If we can fund ourselves or even turn a profit we'd be a less of weight on the Org.

Reactions: DarthMatter

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
One for the TWRL/TW(I)RL archives - Crack troops of Pirate Ninjas and advanced space-proof Zombie Pirate Ninjas, as theorized in the following thread:

Forgot your password?