The Acolyte

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
So Headlund is dishing out more scoldings to the toxic male fan base, and makes clear her two priorities starting around time index 3M. She confirms that: a) her commitment to the queering of Star Wars was primary, and “above the story”, and b) that “I really wanted to change the meaning of what it means to be good or bad.”

So yeah. Exactly what I have said from the start.

View: https://youtu.be/fXAY2AMreTU?si=rkrm4_UINZHwBTYc

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Amandala Stenberg and Leslye Headlund both ranting in the Hollywood press that toxic males are responsible for the Acolyte cancelation despite it was obviously the abysmal Neilsen ratings that caused the cancellation. And rants go on and on. Same things, new day.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
My question is, given the veracity of the reports that Kennedy and Headlund are fighting, why is there any report at all? Usually reports like this are considered gross insubordination—grounds for firing that violate standard contracts. Same with reports of yet more tantrums by Amandla Stenberg. The Disney board is still angry she refuses to take her fan-insulting music vid down, and she’s apparently weeping publically again. Why is this not grounds for immediate termination? This is so embarrassing.

View: https://youtu.be/LBOjkwZUG7c?si=tY3lFKMtFdn3ilz2

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
My question is why are you posting and asking questions? Nobody is answering or interacting positively with your trash posts.

Just more of the same old man continuing to have a hissy fit.

• o7
Reactions: Aramsolari

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
In an interesting development in the story that refuses to die, a pro-Acolyte YouTube channel (StarWarsExplained) is calling for YouTube to demonetize three con-Acolyte YouTube channels for harassment of Amandla Stenberg. Accusations are that they harassed her as well as criticized Acolyte.

I have no opinion here. I did not witness any harassment in the dozens of YouTube Acolyte posts I viewed from all three channels (Nerdrotic, RyanKinel and GeeksandGamers), but the person leveling these charges from StarWarsExplained is apparently filing a formal complaint with YouTube.

One has to wonder whether this isn’t a slick move to pick up subs from the Star Wars community. I guess we’ll have to see how it pans out.

I can’t agree harassment go unchecked but it seems to me there is vast room for authentic criticism. Clearly demonstrating something that goes beyond this is going to be difficult and failed attempts could earn lawsuits in return. So there’s some import to this story.

I have a hard time imagining Amandla Stenberg dancing in her music video, mocking the fans who didn’t like Acolyte, being the injured party, but who knows? The coverage didn’t cite any specific examples of harassment, which is in itself troubling and leads me to think Star Wars Explained has some explaining to do.

View: https://youtu.be/N3qI2L5BtHw?si=0iVSAsAKz180DDpl

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Can we lock this goddamn thread already? I am getting pretty sick of seeing it on my feed and NOBODY ELSE is adding anything. Topic dead. Go away. Choose a new place to talk Star Wars. We aren't having any of it...

Garonman

Captain
Oct 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Garonman5
Can we lock this goddamn thread already? I am getting pretty sick of seeing it on my feed and NOBODY ELSE is adding anything. Topic dead. Go away. Choose a new place to talk Star Wars. We aren't having any of it...
Remember when Montoya asked for an end to this and then Shadow agreed to stop once he posted another vid? Yea good times.

But no, it's not the end. Yet another rant and video posted by Shadow with no interaction. It's the Twilight zone.

Last edited:
  • Glorious
Reactions: Han Burgundy
Forgot your password?