marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I think I will try both the Superhornet and the Bucc and see which one I like more and which one works well with my fighting style.
I use both. The Super Hornet may be a tank, but even a tank can be shot down, so some evasive training in the Bucc won't hurt :wink:

BlackWolff

Commander
Jul 17, 2017
RSI Handle
BlackWolff
If that's what you like, the Hornet is going to be very hard to beat. You might like the Vanguard as well, and it offers extended range, which though something you won't see the benefit from right away, will matter a great deal in the PU. Same with the Banu Defender.

I think it has 2 more weapons mounts.
Yeah, I agree. I think the Hornet is ideal for me.

~=~

They're both tougher than an abstinent blacksmith's foreskin, and they can both bring the BRRRRRRRRT
Hell Yesss!! I love me some A10.

So I just tested both the Bucc and the Super Hornet and the results are in. I performed A LOT better with the Hornet. It's only due to my "in your face" style of dogfighting, though. I am sure that someone with a different style of play could get a different result. I did however like the speed of the Bucc. They are both great ships but the Hornet suits me better.

Phantomoftruth

Space Marshal
Feb 14, 2016
RSI Handle
PhantomofTruth
As stated, the F7A, is not available and unlikely to be on sale from UEE as de-militarised or surplus anytime soon. What you may find people trying to sell as an F7A is a Hornet/SHornet skin that will make it Look like an F7A. These skins were sold only once for Veterans Day as part of a charity event

BlackWolff

Commander
Jul 17, 2017
RSI Handle
BlackWolff
Well... i am sure the huge kegs of beer that the SF has does make it a decent trade.. lol :slight_smile:
LOL!!! RSI creating ships specifically for Test Squadron confirmed!!

As stated, the F7A, is not available and unlikely to be on sale from UEE as de-militarised or surplus anytime soon. What you may find people trying to sell as an F7A is a Hornet/SHornet skin that will make it Look like an F7A. These skins were sold only once for Veterans Day as part of a charity event
OOO I am gaining so much knowledge about the F7A. I love it!

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
So I just tested both the Bucc and the Super Hornet and the results are in. I performed A LOT better with the Hornet. It's only due to my "in your face" style of dogfighting. . .
If you don't love flying evasive and just want to bring heavy DPS, you should try the various Vanguards. They are the only fighter that can carry an S5 weapon (like that way big friggin' laser with higher range than any other gun). Personally I would prefer a pair of S4 ballistic cannon for super high DPS direct past shields. Watching the vids of other pilots, I am still convinced the thing to do with the Vanguard is put the primary chin gun on swivel, so would be just 1 S4 ballistic cannon, but if you can learn to fly evasive enough with such a slowly rotating ship, and get your main guns on your target, a pair of S4 ballistic cannon should kill pretty much anything, faster and better than anything else you can fit on a fighter.

And then the Vanguards have another 6 guns to worry about, a nice selection of missiles, the fastest missile lock system of any fighter, superb shields, and extended range. If the maneuvering thrusters can be upgraded and she is ever nimble. . .well. . .think on it. . .

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I thought the Bucky was supposed to have an S4 mount below, that could carry some fabled piratical "interdiction" weapon for pulling ships from jumpspace. What happened with that?
No interdiction weapon available yet, and to pull a ship out of jumpspace you first must be able to detect it, also no jumpspace ship scanner available yet. Wasn't the interdiction weapon to prevent a ship to enter quantum jump? I don't know, I don't read too much about specs. When it is mounted and usable, then it is relevant. Before that, just speculations :wink:

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I'm a hard hit Hornet flyer loved the ship and flown it almost a year now...

First of the F7A will never be available for public that have been said many times...
Tho I do not know what happen if and when you achieve to master SQ42,
for it is said that you will be flying the F7A there if you 're good enough...
how that work out is still a mystery and what happen if you get to keep it or not...
There are tons of speculation but no fact there except that they said multiple time,
it will never be avail to public for sale..

So the Hornet, what model you actually choose it is almost irrelevant since all Hornets can be equipped with same load out of gear,
So what is different well speed mostly Tracker is the fastest of the Hornets and little more durable than the regular and The Ghost and when the stealth works on the Ghost it's a very hard ship to get a target lock on. Drawback it's more fragile and just a tad faster than the regular but more or less the same.. The regular is durable and little faster than S-Hornet which is the slowest of the Hornets but the S-Hornet have the best armor but since it is slower compared to it's rivals it easier to hit so it really need it's armor.

Conclusion:
Most agile and fastest Hornet is The tracker that have the best radar to detect enemy ship much faster and more accurate, armor is about the same as regular Hornet.

Then you have the Regular and Ghost they're more or less same speed regular Hornet little stronger in the hull..
I'm not counting in the Hornet Wildfire since that is Identical to the Regular hornet with different load out and smashing paint job LOL...

And last we have the Super Hornet the slowest of the Hornet but then the strongest and it is actually not comparable with the other since it is not a single seat ship but it does work just fine as single seat fighter...

My personal favorite after flying it in many battle and swarms, almost a year now.
Is in order: 1.Hornet Tracker, 2.S-hornet, 3.Ghost and last 4.Regular/Wildfire

Then last but not least and My opinion of this!
Will you be more competitive in a Hornet I say is the best (that is from my point of view)??
Well it is impossible to say, it all depend on the pilot how good he can use the resources of the ship he fly and
anyone saying anything else is just full of bullshit... IMO

Think best way is to fly it a lot, do the swarms multiplayer and single player.
Then you know if you can advance in it and be competitive in it, there is no shortcut to win a dogfight.
Or some better gear that make you better, that is the hard truth of it.
It's all about how good you can use what you got.

Your repeated practice in same ship will give you best chance to learn how to use it to it's best potential..
Which one well I say you have to figure that out yourself which suit you and which you like best then it's more likely you succeed..
And in the end you get the one you like the most.

Sorry I couldn't give you a more short and straight answer but there is no such answer as a short one, when it come to choosing a ship if you want to give a fair and honest answer..

Hornet tracker is with out a doubt my favorite and the only ship I done all 18 waves in pirate swarm all by my self two times and Victorious!
Then the S-Hornet so I have both :P
CHEERS! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

Last edited:

BlackWolff

Commander
Jul 17, 2017
RSI Handle
BlackWolff
If you don't love flying evasive and just want to bring heavy DPS, you should try the various Vanguards. They are the only fighter that can carry an S5 weapon (like that way big friggin' laser with higher range than any other gun). Personally I would prefer a pair of S4 ballistic cannon for super high DPS direct past shields. Watching the vids of other pilots, I am still convinced the thing to do with the Vanguard is put the primary chin gun on swivel, so would be just 1 S4 ballistic cannon, but if you can learn to fly evasive enough with such a slowly rotating ship, and get your main guns on your target, a pair of S4 ballistic cannon should kill pretty much anything, faster and better than anything else you can fit on a fighter.

And then the Vanguards have another 6 guns to worry about, a nice selection of missiles, the fastest missile lock system of any fighter, superb shields, and extended range. If the maneuvering thrusters can be upgraded and she is ever nimble. . .well. . .think on it. . .
That's a great point! I will try the ship out and see how I like it. Thanks!

I'm a hard hit Hornet flyer loved the ship and flown it almost a year now...

First of the F7A will never be available for public that have been said many times...
Tho I do not know what happen if and when you achieve to master SQ42,
for it is said that you will be flying the F7A there if you 're good enough...
how that work out is still a mystery and what happen if you get to keep it or not...
There are tons of speculation but no fact there except that they said multiple time,
it will never be avail to public for sale..

So the Hornet, what model you actually choose it is almost irrelevant since all Hornets can be equipped with same load out of gear,
So what is different well speed mostly Tracker is the fastest of the Hornets and little more durable than the regular and The Ghost and when the stealth works on the Ghost it's a very hard ship to get a target lock on. Drawback it's more fragile and just a tad faster than the regular but more or less the same.. The regular is durable and little faster than S-Hornet which is the slowest of the Hornets but the S-Hornet have the best armor but since it is slower compared to it's rivals it easier to hit so it really need it's armor.

Conclusion:
Most agile and fastest Hornet is The tracker that have the best radar to detect enemy ship much faster and more accurate, armor is about the same as regular Hornet.

Then you have the Regular and Ghost they're more or less same speed regular Hornet little stronger in the hull..
I'm not counting in the Hornet Wildfire since that is Identical to the Regular hornet with different load out and smashing paint job LOL...

And last we have the Super Hornet the slowest of the Hornet but then the strongest and it is actually not comparable with the other since it is not a single seat ship but it does work just fine as single seat fighter...

My personal favorite after flying it in many battle and swarms, almost a year now.

Then last but not least and My opinion of this!
Will you be more competitive in a Hornet I say is the best (that is from my point of view)??
Well it is impossible to say, it all depend on the pilot how good he can use the resources of the ship he fly and
anyone saying anything else is just full of bullshit... IMO

Think best way is to fly it a lot, do the swarms multiplayer and single player.
Then you know if you can advance in it and be competitive in it, there is no shortcut to win a dogfight.
Or some better gear that make you better, that is the hard truth of it.
It's all about how good you can use what you got.

Your repeated practice in same ship will give you best chance to learn how to use it to it's best potential..
Which one well I say you have to figure that out yourself which suit you and which you like best then it's more likely you succeed..
And in the end you get the one you like the most.

Sorry I couldn't give you a more short and straight answer but there is no such answer as a short one, when it come to choosing a ship if you want to give a fair and honest answer..

Hornet tracker is with out a doubt my favorite and the only ship I done all 18 waves in pirate swarm all by my self two times and Victorious!
Then the S-Hornet so I have both :P
CHEERS! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:
Thanks for breaking down the Hornets and your experiences with them. That's pretty much what I was looking for from people who have experienced the ships. I didn't know all these nuances about the different Hornets so I definitely learned something.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
That's a great point! I will try the ship out and see how I like it. Thanks!

Thanks for breaking down the Hornets and your experiences with them. That's pretty much what I was looking for from people who have experienced the ships. I didn't know all these nuances about the different Hornets so I definitely learned something.

You're welcome and is there anything you wounder about just ask if I can give you a viable answer I will.

CheerS! :beers: :beers: :beers:

Reactions: marcsand2

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper

. . .Hornet tracker is with out a doubt my favorite and the only ship I done all 18 waves in pirate swarm all by my self two times and Victorious!
Then the S-Hornet so I have both
Have you flown the Ghost Tracker combo? And what weapons do you prefer?

Likewise

Captain
Nov 11, 2016
RSI Handle
likewiseone
I have a Super Hornet and as mentioned it is very tanky. Capable of maneuvering well enough with a shit load of firepower and tons of shield. It my opinion it isn't very pretty but it could probably handle your combat needs.

Personally I have the SH for combat purposes and a Cutlass Black as a more all purpose utilitarian vessel and I'm fine with that. I feel confident I'll be able to do a bit of everything at launch.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Have you flown the Ghost Tracker combo? And what weapons do you prefer?
Yes I have but since most of those part of mechanic is not working in 2.6.x there is little use for doing combo at this moment..

The Hornet weapon load out I come to like the most is,..
Weapon group one: CF-227 PANTHER on wings.
Weapon group two: Flashfire mount with a C-788 "COMBINE" BALLISTIC CANNON and a MANTIS GT-220 in the nose.
This let you spray fire with the Panther (don't over heat) and repeatedly in combo with a even pace click on weapon group two button to avoid fire the mantis but shoot with the ballistic canon on distance only (at this time avoid holding so the mantis fire just short click fire the canon) then when close enough to target you just hold down every thing and then the mantis come in to play too by this time if you got your aim right the target is or should be more or less done.
(Ask "marcsand2" he know how it is to be attacked by this combo when you get it right) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

For missile i have come to only use the Strikeforce II missile just for it is a strike missile only explode on impact as when it actualy hit target.
Exchanging the two size one missile rack on each side to BEHRING MSD-212 "MARSDEN and load all missile pod with The Strikeforce II missiles. It might not be the strongest missile but once you got a good lock, it is extremely rare that it miss the target that is because it have cross-section targeting, which mean it recognize the target by image rather than following it's heat signature or radar signal which make it very hard to get away from and as I said it's a strike missile it only explode on impact causing a lot more damage than a proximity missile does.

I have tried the REVENANT BALLISTIC GATLING gun on the flashfire but don't like it for it got such a slow spool up time before it actually fire so the mantis in the nose is wasting bullet like crazy before it even start firing.. pretty useless IMO

The M6A Laser canon work nice on the Flashfire and put one M5A in the nose too, if you want a combo that don't use ballistic ammo which mean you never run out of bullet..

Hope this give you some help..

CHEERS! :beer::beer::beer::beer::beers::beers:

Last edited:
Forgot your password?