The Origin 400i

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
This is surprising to me. Visually the NOX is about the same size as the X1. I was certain that they would be interchangeable.
It was clipping when we tried, though it is also my feeling that the Nox should fit inside. They will probably fix that.
In the CitizenCon video detailing the 400i, they stated that the bike slot was designed to only fit the X-1 bikes. So I'm guessing that they've done something to cause the clipping to enforce that. I'm not saying that I agree with that choice of theirs, but I'm in no position to change anything either. Thus worst case scenario, I'd suggest picking up an X-1 during the IAE before its price goes up at release.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
The Nox and X1 are the same size in the specs page, but the Nox has never looked 5.5M long to me. I have always thought it would fit in the back of most Vanguard but don't know anyone who has checked.

IMHO, the X1 Force is the best grav bike. It has a second shield generator and better sensors, so qualifies as the go to. That Bronze X1 in the vid was an X1 Force, so they must have built part of the model.
perhaps on specs but who's getting a grave bike based on specs?

I still think the Nox is better looking then the X1 or Dragonfly.

nox.jpg
x1.jpg

Dragonfly_Black.jpg

Ranger_TR.jpg

And then the Ranger is there because sometimes you just need to try and be Tom Cruise cool.

download.jpg

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
In the CitizenCon video detailing the 400i, they stated that the bike slot was designed to only fit the X-1 bikes. So I'm guessing that they've done something to cause the clipping to enforce that. I'm not saying that I agree with that choice of theirs, but I'm in no position to change anything either. Thus worst case scenario, I'd suggest picking up an X-1 during the IAE before its price goes up at release.
Forcing brand loyalty in a game... what a weird concept lol
I'm guessing the X1 is either not as long as it is stated to be on paper, or it can pack istelf up into a shorter "parked" state so it wouldn't clip?

@Bambooza Exactly, Nox FTW. And also that was my thought exactly, the long forgotten bike-bike, not grav-bike. Will that fit?
Cos that with a nicer paintjob would be a perfect fit for this flying millionair's bachelor pad imo.

AccidentProne8

Space Marshal
Apr 12, 2015
RSI Handle
accidentproneeight
I was really hoping for a freelancer competitor / varients, because as much as the freelancer mis brings a ton of dakka and cargo capacity, it is ugly as hell...and since it's part of a package, I can't downgrade it lol. An origin freelancer would have been clutch.

Also, the Nox is clearly the best looking space bike, and all other opinions are wrong.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Something to keep in mind combat-wise--there's been much attention given to sticking medium and heavy machine guns on mobile platforms like push trollies, in order to get bigger firepower where you want it. The ultimate mobile firepower is not just an HMG, but rather a fast S1 that can do real damage to NPCs, vehicles and ships. Something with its own reactor that can't run out of ammo, and is mobile. That's a grav bike. The Nox has two guns, so is unique in that way, but the Force has two shields, or twice the shielding of an Ursa. That survivability combined with its enhanced sensor suite and speed should make it a more attractive option once we can really test them. If you're running a small bounty team off the 400i, I think you'll be happy with the X1's BMW branding instead of Nox's Ferrari branding.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Sorry if this is a bit off-topic.
Serious question: can you fit a ROC inside the cargo bay? Not the front bay, the rear cargo bay.

Cos if yes, I'm thinking of melting my aurora MR and my argo that I just bought and upgrading my original bounty hunter pack 300i to this.
Is it possible to use the store credit I get from those ships if I do an upgrade? Can I even use my original backer 300i to upgrade which is my only full game package or do I lose access as this counts as a standalone ship only??
The argo is a special edition, can I get that back if I re-buy it with a token later, or will it be a just a "normal" argo from then on? My 300i is customized, I guess I lose all that even if I rebuy it? (custom skin,seat,dash)
I know it's noob questions, but I never done an upgrade before.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
it does not appear to me the ROC will fit in the cargo lift. The ROC is 5.5M wide and the lift looked like just about 2 meters. I saw a vid with guys trying to load a cyclone on, and it would not fit only because of the height. The Cyclone is 4M wide. My guess is that all vehicle sizes on the ships page are exaggerated so people won't have loading problems. So really you can't tell by the numbers.

Still, I think the ROC is too wide.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Serious question: can you fit a ROC inside the cargo bay? Not the front bay, the rear cargo bay.

Cos if yes, I'm thinking of melting my aurora MR and my argo that I just bought and upgrading my original bounty hunter pack 300i to this.
Is it possible to use the store credit I get from those ships if I do an upgrade? Can I even use my original backer 300i to upgrade which is my only full game package or do I lose access as this counts as a standalone ship only??
The argo is a special edition, can I get that back if I re-buy it with a token later, or will it be a just a "normal" argo from then on? My 300i is customized, I guess I lose all that even if I rebuy it? (custom skin,seat,dash)
I know it's noob questions, but I never done an upgrade before.
Welcome to the CCU club, it's not a Noob question we were all new to it once :)

"Serious question: can you fit a ROC inside the cargo bay? Not the front bay, the rear cargo bay."
Sorry, don't know that one. It can fit a Tumbril Cyclone though.

"Is it possible to use the store credit I get from those ships if I do an upgrade?"
Yes, I melted my Tonk and upgraded my Railen, I even got some paints for it too with the store credit.

"Can I even use my original backer 300i to upgrade which is my only full game package or do I lose access as this counts as a standalone ship only??"
The ship changes but the pack stays the same. Please note: If at any time in the future you want to melt the ship to release the store credit back not all packages can be bought back. Melted pledge items like ships and packs can generally be bought back through a special section in your Account called 'Buybacks', but the old original packs which have physical items attached to them are gone forever if you melt them. Early on I upgraded my Aurora LN all the way up to a Sabre via an Avenger Titan, then Warlock, then Hornet Ghost, then decided fighters were not for me and melted to get the store credit back out to upgrade a stand alone ship to a Connie Taurus. I melted my package and bought back right away from the Buybacks, but still lost access to the game for about 4 days as the package is the access key. I don't touch my package now, please be careful.

"The argo is a special edition, can I get that back if I re-buy it with a token later, or will it be a just a "normal" argo from then on? My 300i is customized, I guess I lose all that even if I rebuy it? (custom skin,seat,dash)"
Don't know about the Argo it should be able to be reclaimed through the buyback section in your account but there are some rare items/ships/packages which can't so one for Customers Services. You only need a buyback token if you are buying back with Store Credits, you can buy back with fresh cash without a token... the value of the customisations on your 300 should go toward the CCU value but check with Customer Services before committing as the upgrades were Tier Zero and it may not be. Yes, those upgrades are gone you'd have to re-upgrade the ship, assuming the pledge package can be bought out of Buybacks if you melted the 400i to restore it to the 300i

I'd say to get the full lowdown consult Customer Services. They are there to help but may be busy with a popular sale on right now so might not be able to get back to you until after the 400i is no longer available in the pledge store...

Here is another option:

Go to the Upgrade section of the pledge store and find a pair of ships one of which is the 400i and the other one you know you can get easily. Make sure it is close to the value of the 400i (The Connie Andromeda to 400i is only $10 and the Andro is always available) so the CCU cost to you is minimal.

Buy the CCU, then sit on it. You can sit on it for months if you like you don't have to upgrade right away or even own the ship the upgrade would apply to yet. Once you decide you want the 400i from having a go with mine or another TESTies, then you can do the melt and upgrade work turning your 300 in to that other ship to CCU in to the 400i when you are sure... if you don't like the 400i or you find out it can't fit the ROC later, you can melt the CCU for the store credits and it didn't cost you very much in the first place :like:

Last edited:

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
So, another question. If I understand it correctly, if I melt my ships and try to use store credit as well as fresh money, I still have to go with the standard edition, right?

Cos that's a no-go for me. It's getting close to what I might be willing to pay for a jpg, but I'm not flush enough. Using my 300i as base (60usd) +Aurora (30) +Argo (35) melted, it's still comes out to 176.3 usd cos VAT of 27%.
This is kinda bullshit, I had to pay that VAT on the Argo which was 58usd, yet it doesn't get counted towards anything... I understand why, CIG don't get to keep that money, but still it hurts :(

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
So, another question. If I understand it correctly, if I melt my ships and try to use store credit as well as fresh money, I still have to go with the standard edition, right?

Cos that's a no-go for me. It's getting close to what I might be willing to pay for a jpg, but I'm not flush enough. Using my 300i as base (60usd) +Aurora (30) +Argo (35) melted, it's still comes out to 176.3 usd cos VAT of 27%.
This is kinda bullshit, I had to pay that VAT on the Argo which was 58usd, yet it doesn't get counted towards anything... I understand why, CIG don't get to keep that money, but still it hurts :(
The store credits are not included in VAT on the new ship only fresh money is charged, so you can upgrade your 300i to a ship closer to the 400i Warbond value with no VAT cost using credit you have and a bit more fresh cash if you have it (you have already paid the VAT on the credit but would have to pay VAT on the fresh) and use the Warbond CCU from there to the 400i with less VAT. You are right mixing credit and cash is not allowed for the Warbond CCU it's new money only but if you break it up it will still get you the ship at the lower $220 Warbond pledge price.

From the sounds of it the 400i may be more trouble than it is worth considering the hoops you are having to jump through, if you can spare the $10 or less for a CCU to sit on that may be an option? For example the Corsair is a $5 CCU and with the IAE coming up in November you'd be able to then grab a Corsair CCU and then apply that to the 300i, then the 400i Warbond one... that may be a cheaper way to get to it if you can be putting up with all the runaround and waiting a month :)

1634120275089.png

I had to do that when I got a Glave CCU, I sat on the CCU until the Mercury Star Runner became available in a sale again, CCU'd to that and from that immediately used the CCU I had to the Glave. Never set foot in the Mercury.

Last edited:

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
The store credits are not included in VAT on the new ship only fresh money is charged, so you can upgrade your 300i to a ship closer to the 400i with no VAT cost using credit you have and a bit more fresh cash if you have it (you have already paid the VAT on the credit) and use the Warbond CCU from there to the 400i with less VAT. You are right mixing credit and cash is not allowed for the Warbond CCU it's new money only but if you break it up it will still get you the ship at the lower $220 Warbond pledge price.

From the sounds of it the 400i may be more trouble than it is worth considering the hoops you are having to jump through, if you can spare the $10 or less for a CCU to sit on that may be an option? For example the Corsair is a $5 CCU and with the IAE coming up in November you'd be able to then grab a Corsair CCU and then apply that to the 300i, then the 400i Warbond one... that may be a cheaper way to get to it if you can be putting up with all the runaround and waiting a month :)

View attachment 21491

I had to do that when I got a Glave CCU, I sat on the CCU until the Mercury Star Runner became available in a sale again, CCU'd to that and from that immediately used the CCU I had to the Glave. Never set foot in the Mercury.
Ahhaaaa! Now I get it! Thanks!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Ahhaaaa! Now I get it! Thanks!
No problem, it's an okay stratagy but not one without risk - as long as the price of the Corsair price doesn't go above the 400i it'll be a good one to use but if it goes up before or at the IAE you'd still be able to use your CCU, once you have it it'll work from one ship to the other, it'd just cost you more in credit/fresh cash for the Corsair CCU. Ships don't tend to change price without going flight-ready though so the Drake looks to be a good option if you want to do this.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
No problem, it's an okay stratagy but not one without risk - as long as the price of the Corsair price doesn't go above the 400i it'll be a good one to use but if it goes up before or at the IAE you'd still be able to use your CCU, once you have it it'll work from one ship to the other, it'd just cost you more in credit/fresh cash for the Corsair CCU. Ships don't tend to change price without going flight-ready though so the Drake looks to be a good option if you want to do this.
Thanks for all your assistance!

Yeah well, after mathing the hoops and steps, it's a 139usd fresh cash. Still a steep price for me, considering it can't fit a ROC (ship sits too low on the pad apparently?), and I could just buy a Lancer MAX instead with like 10 bucks or sumthin. God aweful looking but way more practical in my book. I'm gonna skip this one, and put that money towards an OculusQuest2 for xmas...

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Thanks for all your assistance!

Yeah well, after mathing the hoops and steps, it's a 139usd fresh cash. Still a steep price for me, considering it can't fit a ROC (ship sits too low on the pad apparently?), and I could just buy a Lancer MAX instead with like 10 bucks or sumthin. God aweful looking but way more practical in my book. I'm gonna skip this one, and put that money towards an OculusQuest2 for xmas...
Good choice, I won't be solidifying my fleet until the end of Beta - there is just so much that can change in a ship/ships between now and then :like:

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Such anticipation for the 400i :glorious:
I didn't think I would enjoy the 600i but now that I have owned one for what seems forever I would never part with it...
Must be going threw my mid life crisis because I am eagerly awaiting something that looks like it was designed by a boat yard and some Star Wars designer after hanging out with TEST mutants at a bar all night long:drunk:
I bet there will be one or two modifications when it hits the PU...Either way I have my almost Mandalorian Armor ready to strike a pose when it drops live:o7:

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
It could in width, but since it is too high it cant go under the belly of the ship when the 400i is landed. We tried with various vehicles, not much success besides the dragonfly/nox in the cargo bay.
edit : and the cyclone, forgot this one, it works yes (havent tried the MT though yet)

Last edited:

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar

Take a corsair to 400i warbond for 5$
Then use the store credit during IAE for the rest of the CCU chain.
If that helps I can provide with a Kore/315p to Nomad warbond with LTI (5$ melt) that help you save 10$, Mako to Talon CCU (5$ melt) that help you save 15$, and a Vulture to Taurus (10$ melt) that help you save 40$.
That will make you a LTI 400i for 155$ melt value if you apply yourself the rest of the needed CCUs on any token under the 315p/Kore during IAE, you will need to use 135$ from your store credit for that (seems you have 125$ if you melt everything, you will be short 10$ if you take my CCUs).

BTW VAT counts towards concierge level progression.

Last edited:

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Take a corsair to 400i warbond for 5$
Then use the store credit during IAE for the rest of the CCU chain.
If that helps I can provide with a Kore/315p to Nomad warbond with LTI (5$) that help you save 10$, Mako to Talon CCU (5$ melt) that help you save 15$, and a Vulture to Taurus (10$) melt that help you save 40$.
That will make you a LTI 400i for 155$ melt value if you apply yourself the rest of the needed CCUs on any token under the 315p/Kore during IAE, you will need to use 135$ from your store credit for that.
I don't speak whale just yet, sorry! J/k

Yeah I don't have 135 store credit. I could have but that would require melting all my ships. I'd rather have 4 ships to fly around in then one big one with a long reclaim lol but thank you for the offer.

Forgot your password?