The Return to the Good Star Wars

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Unless I miss my guess, the chick with the purple hair is Sabine Wren, also from Star Wars Rebels, and since Sabine is no longer a teenager, this is 5-10 years after Rebels. No sign of the rest of the cast but expect them to pop up.

The older man and hot blonde woman are obviously Sith rather than Inquisitors, so the stakes are raised and the big bad, General Thrawn; may have competition for Heir to the Empire. Don’t count Thrawn out. He’s definitely the smartest of all the Star Wars villains.

I want a date with the hot Sith. I know I can get her to change her ways. . .

More importantly though, one of Asoka’s defining moments in Rebels is when Ezra Bridger reaches out from The World Between Worlds and literally pulls her away from Vader and to safety. Look at this clip below, and look at the background in the room where Ezra is standing. Then look at the background in the trailer above at time index 1:39. This is the same mystical place, with a Sith Lord standing in it, and he is the character who’s voiced over the trailer.

The Sith in the scene has an incredible resemblance to a guy in one of the video games—I think he is called “The Eternal Emperor” or some such. Looks like this Sith has access to all time and space through the same Jedi Temple Ezra is using here.

In other words, Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau may have given us the greatest villain yet to grace any screen in live action. The most powerful villain ever?

I could just pee myself.

View: https://youtu.be/zZR0X4Sk3Mw

Last edited:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Okay so, I did a little digging. The character from one of the video games that seems to be represented in the trailer may be Valkorian, the Immortal Emperor of the Sith Empire. It appears Asoka faces him in The Vergence Scatter, also known as The World Between Worlds, that allows time travel.

Just saying, that’s what it looks like. He’s obviously Sith and it appears he has a totally hot blonde apprentice Sith as well. So there may be competition with Thrawn for Heir to the Empire.

Control of The Vergence Scatter is portrayed as the ultimate power in the universe, and Valkorian is easily runner up for most powerful Sith ever with Sidious, so seeing Valkorian fighting Asoka inside the Scatter is top shelf drama coming our way.

And seriously, think about the difference. KK thinks she needs to make an Uber-Jedi more powerful than any other, who is female. Dave and Jon think they need to make an Uber villain, impossible to defeat. Which do you think will make the better story?

Last edited:

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
One vid I watched a guy noted that Asoka fights the older Sith, and asked who fights the younger one. I can’t think of a reason why we shouldn’t expect Ezra Bridger to show up. He has a huge fan base. All the Rebels crew does.

But yeah, Thrawn! Ever since the books fans have been waiting to see Thrawn.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
So the majority opinion online is that the two characters I took to be Sith, Balen and Shin; are instead Dark Jedi assassins who work for Thrawn.

If that’s true, it’s super important that Asoka doesn’t allow Balen to get away after gaining entry to the Vergence Scatter. Guess we’ll see.

CRISS9000

Space Marshal
Jul 13, 2016
RSI Handle
criss9000
I wouldn't be so quick to judge if I were you. this is just a trailer, and they can still fuck it up.

If it's about Asoka's growth, this can easily just be yet another gIrL bOsS movie (or series? I didn't quite get which) that will just be cringe.
If it's about Valkorian's power, it can easily just be yet another part of the power creep we've seen in previous releases within the Star Wars franchise and it'll just be boring.

I doubt the writers for this movie (or series) are the same people who wrote the character for the immortal emperor in Star Wars The Old Republic. I don't expect they will give him the same depth and nuance that he got in that game.

And personally, I would rather see the Zann Consortium coming back from SW Empire At War: Forces Of Corruption. if you ask me, Tyber Zann the non-force-user space tyrant who eats both sith and jedi for breakfast and still orders another course is far more badass than some pretty boi sith emperor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deroth

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I've been watching Disney butcher the Star Wars IP for too long.
Ahsoka was a great character before Disney, as was Obi-Wan-Kenobi.
The Kenobi story was awful!
The Book of Boba Fett was horrible.
The Mandalorian Season 2 was poorly written but kept afloat by cameos. The Mandalorian Season 3 was bad formula, and no real writing.

Given their history, I doubt Ahsoka will be worth watching.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Em, IIRC; Ahsoka was created by Dave Filoni for the Clone Wars and then ported over to Rebels. He’s been very clear that this new series picks up from Rebels. If you liked Ahsoka before, you’ll like her here. She’s still being written by her creator.

And this is why I say, give it a chance. Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau have never strayed from George Lucas’ vision and they’ve never been sympathetic with all the woke crap. They fought like hell to keep Gina Carrano and they’re still fighting.

IMHO, Ahsoka is the best character to be created in Star Wars these last couple decades. I think it’s worth watching to see what we get.

As to her being tooo powerful, keep in mind she is the Light Side Paragon. She cleansed the crimson blades of a Sith with the Force, and walked away from the Jedi Order after their betrayal, hubris and hypocrisy heralded their doom.

She’s the hero we need.

View: https://youtu.be/BFmI_HBrLBQ

Last edited:
Reactions: Sky Captain

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Em, IIRC; Ahsoka was created by Dave Filoni for the Clone Wars and then ported over to Rebels. He’s been very clear that this new series picks up from Rebels. If you liked Ahsoka before, you’ll like her here. She’s still being written by her creator.

And this is why I say, give it a chance. Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau have never strayed from George Lucas’ vision and they’ve never been sympathetic with all the woke crap. They fought like hell to keep Gina Carrano and they’re still fighting.

IMHO, Ahsoka is the best character to be created in Star Wars these last couple decades. I think it’s worth watching to see what we get.

As to her being tooo powerful, keep in mind she is the Light Side Paragon. She cleansed the crimson blades of a Sith with the Force, and walked away from the Jedi Order after their betrayal, hubris and hypocrisy heralded their doom.

She’s the hero we need.

View: https://youtu.be/BFmI_HBrLBQ
It's not the character that's the problem, it's the writing.
Obi-Wan has been around much longer than Ahsoka. The character was created by George Lucas.
Boba Fett was also created by George Lucas and has been around longer than Ahsoka.

The Mandalorian series started OK but quickly turned to shit and the writing got really lazy. The second season was "cameo of the week" bringing in beloved characters hoping the fans wouldn't notice the story sucked and they were out of ideas.
The Boba Fett series was pure garbage.
The Obi-Wan series was horrific.

Disney has proven they don't have anyone that can write a story. And then they blame the fans when we call them on their crap.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Mando season 3 was a terrible disappointment, but we’ve been given an explanation for that. That was KK doing her best to screw up SW. She’s a bigot, and hated Gina Carrano for her political opinions. Everyone around Gina liked her and offered what a pleasure it was to work with her, but KK fired her because of a comic post calling people to be nicer to each other.

Dave and Jon had already embedded Gina’s character completely throughout Mando season 3 with the intention of creating an ensemble series, Rangers of the New Republic. KK knew that had the makings of a series even more successful than Mando seasons 1 and 2 had been. So she fired Carrano and forced Rangers off the table it was sharing with her Acolyte.

It’s not surprising the result of removing such a central character was dire. That’s not the way to judge Dave and Jon’s writing. If you want to judge their writing, look at Mando seasons 1 and 2, look at Clone Wars and look at Rebels. That’s the stuff they’re responsible for and the fans love them all.

In particular, if you want to judge the writing of Dave Filoni, I suggest you acquaint yourself with the entire situation surrounding Rebels. Clone Wars had just suffered early cancellation not because of audience drop off, but because of the internal politics surrounding KK. Rebels got green lighted, but with half the budget of Clone Wars. Despite all the challenges, Filoni and Lucas together churned out what is arguably the best Star Wars to make to screen EVER.

If you didn’t watch Rebels, I suggest pick it up in season 3. The series had severe limits placed on it as to violence on screen because it was appealing to a younger audience, and the central protagonist, Ezra Bridger; is quite young the first couple years. In season 3 however, Rebels hits its proper stride, brings in Thrawn and tackles other Legends material everyone else let sit idle for decades. The result is some of the best storytelling ever on any sort of screen. At times, it makes grown men cry.

So just saying, Ahsoka is more of that. It’s not some “fill the blank” programming like we see in Mando, Fett, etc. it’s SW Legends storytelling at its finest and we have every reason to expect it to be the best Star Wars in decades. Settle for nothing less.

Ahsoka is the hero we need, and BTW, where’s that Ezra Bridger?

View: https://youtu.be/1OO9Lyb-Frg

Last edited:

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Mando season 3 was a terrible disappointment, but we’ve been given an explanation for that. That was KK doing her best to screw up SW. She’s a bigot, and hated Gina Carrano for her political opinions. Everyone around Gina liked her and offered what a pleasure it was to work with her, but KK fired her because of a comic post calling people to be nicer to each other.

Dave and Jon had already embedded Gina’s character completely throughout Mando season 3 with the intention of creating an ensemble series, Rangers of the New Republic. KK knew that had the makings of a series even more successful than Mando seasons 1 and 2 had been. So she fired Carrano and forced Rangers off the table it was sharing with her Acolyte.

It’s not surprising the result of removing such a central character was dire. That’s not the way to judge Dave and Jon’s writing. If you want to judge their writing, look at Mando seasons 1 and 2, look at Clone Wars and look at Rebels. That’s the stuff they’re responsible for and the fans love them all.

In particular, if you want to judge the writing of Dave Filoni, I suggest you acquaint yourself with the entire situation surrounding Rebels. Clone Wars had just suffered early cancellation not because of audience drop off, but because of the internal politics surrounding KK. Rebels got green lighted, but with half the budget of Clone Wars. Despite all the challenges, Filoni and Lucas together churned out what is arguably the best Star Wars to make to screen EVER.

If you didn’t watch Rebels, I suggest pick it up in season 3. The series had severe limits placed on it as to violence on screen because it was appealing to a younger audience, and the central protagonist, Ezra Bridger; is quite young the first couple years. In season 3 however, Rebels hits its proper stride, brings in Thrawn and tackles other Legends material everyone else let sit idle for decades. The result is some of the best storytelling ever on any sort of screen. At times, it makes grown men cry.

So just saying, Ahsoka is more of that. It’s not some “fill the blank” programming like we see in Mando, Fett, etc. it’s SW Legends storytelling at its finest and we have every reason to expect it to be the best Star Wars in decades. Settle for nothing less.

Ahsoka is the hero we need, and BTW, where’s that Ezra Bridger?

View: https://youtu.be/1OO9Lyb-Frg
Who at Disney said KK screwed it up? Fans have said it, but AFAIK, nobody at Disney has said it. Dave Filoni and John Favreau haven't said it in any interviews I can find.

Dave Filoni and John Favreau are the two responsible for The Mandalorian and Book of Boba Fett. They are responsible for the crap writing, the crap pacing, even the crap casting. They are there having fun, not because they are competent.

How do you know Ahsoka will be different? What are you basing that on? After all, in spite of wishful thinking KK is still there.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Who at Disney said KK screwed up Mando? She FIRED one of the central protagonists after most of the season had been written around her. Dave, Jon and George all pointed this out in explanation for season 3’s shortcomings.

Have you watched Rebels? I’m curious if you even know what writing you’re complaining about. There are precious few at Disney still waving the banner of George Lucas and Filoni is one of them. If you need to complain about stuff not even aired, complain about Acolyte presenting the Jedi as the villains and the Sith as the champions of justice. Complain about how bad Kenobi was. That’s not George and Dave’s work.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Who at Disney said KK screwed up Mando? She FIRED one of the central protagonists after most of the season had been written around her. Dave, Jon and George all pointed this out in explanation for season 3’s shortcomings.

Have you watched Rebels? I’m curious if you even know what writing you’re complaining about. There are precious few at Disney still waving the banner of George Lucas and Filoni is one of them. If you need to complain about stuff not even aired, complain about Acolyte presenting the Jedi as the villains and the Sith as the champions of justice. Complain about how bad Kenobi was. That’s not George and Dave’s work.
Dave and John have publicly praised KK.
There was plenty of time to replace Gina between Season 2 and 3, but go ahead and show where she fit into season 3. Obviously she doesn't, except as a potential cameo. Given the Mando scenes in Boba Fett, there isn't much of a role for Cara Dune in season 3 even if Gina hadn't been fired.

That doesn't explain the shitty writing that was season 2, or Boba Fett or Obi-Wan.

A character, regardless of their history, doesn't fix bad scripts.

Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, R2D2 and C3PO were in the Disney era sequel trilogy and those movies still sucked.

My bet, Ahsoka, like Rei, Jin, and Reva is just another Mary Sue. Disney is rather fond of Mary Sue characters.

Forgot your password?