The truth is now known

Duhb

Admiral
Dec 4, 2017
RSI Handle
Duhb
I am a simple man, with simple wants... I tell my wife honey we should so get one of those cool little robot vacuum things... she says no... I ask her why not, she is a neat freak and it will help out.... she says no again and calls me a dirty word... I point out that our boys are the avatars of the dirt and mess gods... nope... I ask why she hates the idea so much... she looks at me and says she won’t say, I will just laugh at her... so now totally committed to this, I promise not to laugh... her reasoning is that the little oversized hockey puck shaped cleaning robot will get upset constantly cleaning up after us and make it’s way up the stairs and then onto the bed and murder us in our sleep... I stared silently at her... she said it sounds silly she knows that but that’s her concern... I still am silent... she asked what’s wrong... I calmly tell her I am having a mini stroke from her line of reasoning... she calls me an asshole... I am forbidden to buy a roomba because she is worried about the roomba apocalypse.... she is an adult, educated, health care professional, and she thinks a roomba is going to kill us in our sleep... so I now understand why she got upset watching the Boston robotics video where they are knocking the box out of it’s hands... and if ever I hit the lottery I’m buying a hundred of the little bastards to release in the house for when she comes home...

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
Koreans have an urban myth about 'fan death'

otherwise rational people believe if you go to sleep in a sealed (windows and doors closed) room with a running fan you will die

it takes all kinds

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I'd fear the Roomba Kryptonite that is an errant Pet turd:

View attachment 8499
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAAAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAAAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAAAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAAAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAAAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAAAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAAAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAAAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAAAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAAAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAAAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAAAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHHHAHAHAHAAAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Everything about that picture is awesome, including (but not limited to) the stupid outfit.

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
I am a simple man, with simple wants... I tell my wife honey we should so get one of those cool little robot vacuum things... she says no... I ask her why not, she is a neat freak and it will help out.... she says no again and calls me a dirty word... I point out that our boys are the avatars of the dirt and mess gods... nope... I ask why she hates the idea so much... she looks at me and says she won’t say, I will just laugh at her... so now totally committed to this, I promise not to laugh... her reasoning is that the little oversized hockey puck shaped cleaning robot will get upset constantly cleaning up after us and make it’s way up the stairs and then onto the bed and murder us in our sleep... I stared silently at her... she said it sounds silly she knows that but that’s her concern... I still am silent... she asked what’s wrong... I calmly tell her I am having a mini stroke from her line of reasoning... she calls me an asshole... I am forbidden to buy a roomba because she is worried about the roomba apocalypse.... she is an adult, educated, health care professional, and she thinks a roomba is going to kill us in our sleep... so I now understand why she got upset watching the Boston robotics video where they are knocking the box out of it’s hands... and if ever I hit the lottery I’m buying a hundred of the little bastards to release in the house for when she comes home...

you need a kickstarter to make this happen.

Naruw

Grand Admiral
Aug 4, 2015
RSI Handle
Naruw
I think you should put Creepy C3PO cos-play romance on the table and just see what happens!

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
My wife told me that we can't have the doors in the house closed because you can't see other people and then they don't exist anymore. I pretended to leave my wallet in the house and ran back inside and closed all the doors so they would compartmentalize our home while we were on vacation, in case of fire or something. She had a fit four days later when we got home and she found out the doors had been closed the whole time we were gone. It did keep the cat from crapping anywhere but the kitchen, though. She said that she had already gotten her revenge because, while I was inside closing the doors, she and her son had wiped Rain-X on the windshield even though I had told them not no, I hate Rain-X. On second thought maybe I shouldn't share this story with a wide audience...

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
My and my wife-to-be's Pizza-Oven-Shelf story is very bland and not much longer than saying there is a story behind the description, but it's also something neither of us have got over yet.

It's only been seven years.

I'm not ready to share it, i'm still traumatized.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
W

Why is there a rat on the Roomba?
I think thats to show what the source of the offending article was. Robots need noses. And eyes, eyes would help. And the ability to distinguish what is carpet and what is dog shite.

I think Roombas are more Automatons than Robots - It's basically a box that remembers where it has been and doesn't go there again until there is no where else to go and stops. It's not exactly beating Garry Kasparov at chess, although if you asked Deep Blue to do the vacuuming it'd probably say "Prawn to Knights B-2"

Just tell them to google "Automaton" and they'll see a Roomba is far from being a robot. No offence Roomba... R-Roomba...! Wh-What are you doing with those knifes and that duct-tape?! Stay back! Staaaaay Baaaaaaack!

Last edited:
Forgot your password?