Theorycrafting / Question about medical gameplay and large battle logistics:

ShakyWater

Vice Admiral
Jan 4, 2017
RSI Handle
shakywater
Did we consider yet that soldiers wounded in combat don't go back into combat for a long time?

Seriously wounded soldiers are typically sent home to heal, and don't go back into the fight for at least a couple of weeks.

AccidentProne8

Space Marshal
Apr 12, 2015
RSI Handle
accidentproneeight
I think there's an easy answer to this guys. I think that NPCs will fill this void. If your hospital is absolutely filled to the brim with patients, I'm guessing that you'll be able to put out beacons for other hospitals, or cutlass reds. If those aren't answered by players after a certain amount of time, NPCs will start being generated to take those players away from your ships.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if transporting ships ends up being a job on the "what does a healed player do" side of things. Set a beacon for a ship to be delivered! I'd expect to see some kind of ship for that other than the kraken/hull c show up eventually. Something Crucible sized with very little life support and poor armament. If not, people transport is a confirmed career. Maybe a Connie shows up and picks you up to make some more money on top of a transport run.

I'm guessing we'll see some hand wavium... But less than we think.

MikeNificent

Space Marshal
Sep 24, 2016
RSI Handle
MikeNificent
Did we consider yet that soldiers wounded in combat don't go back into combat for a long time?

Seriously wounded soldiers are typically sent home to heal, and don't go back into the fight for at least a couple of weeks.
1000 years of advances in medical technology may speed this up. Maybe not though.

Reactions: Deroth

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
They would send a second ship along to take the guy back immediately.

When they deliver your ship, they send a second ship with it, so the pilot's not sitting there waiting on a taxi.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKPDeiY91iE
Nice video, but what if a second dude spawns while the first ones ship is on it's way? When two ships arrive the second dude will be like "I want that one" and they'll say "Nuh uh this ones my ride home" then a third dude spawns so the second dude takes the second ship by force and then you have two NPC's and a player waiting for a 3rd ship and a ship big enough to carry 4 NPC's home...

That could get pretty messy if you have a string of dudes spawn. I never understood why they couldn't just quickly 3D print basic starter ships like the Mustang and the Aurora players bought the blueprints for. Why isn't that a thing on the Endeavor hangar? Get those punks off my ship!

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Nice video, but what if a second dude spawns while the first ones ship is on it's way? When two ships arrive the second dude will be like "I want that one" and they'll say "Nuh uh this ones my ride home" then a third dude spawns so the second dude takes the second ship by force and then you have two NPC's and a player waiting for a 3rd ship and a ship big enough to carry 4 NPC's home...

That could get pretty messy if you have a string of dudes spawn. I never understood why they couldn't just quickly 3D print basic starter ships like the Mustang and the Aurora players bought the blueprints for. Why isn't that a thing on the Endeavor hangar? Get those punks off my ship!
  1. Heal them up
  2. Charge them for services rendered
  3. Kill them for not leaving quickly enough
  4. Render them down to their constituent parts
  5. Use said parts to provide future medical services

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
Lets be fair if we can hand wave ship respawning, instant or even quick heals are not so far fetched. Now if they have to go back to base to get a ship so your medical ship fills up or you need someone taking them to a ship base who knows. Note I prefer the later option this way loosing means something.

Forgot your password?