This is my HUD/UI Bug. Haven't been able to play for a couple days. Any fixes?

Joehockey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Apr 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Joehockey
Ok, long story short, the only thing I've yet to do is completely delete the game and launcher and reinstall. My HUD/UI doesn't show icons such as, Mission, QT, Landing Pads, etc. As well, it also doesn't show the flight path indicator AOA numbers, aiming pips, or locations. I took these pictures in my Cutlass but it happens in all of my ships. I've been on Reddit, Spectrum, and the Issue Council. As far as I can tell I seem to be the only person who has run into this. So not too sure what to do...
No QT or Mission Icons.jpg
No Icons in atmo.jpg
No HUD flight path angle of attack or pip.jpg

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
When you spawn a ship from the terminals does the ship location show in your helmet hud before you get in it?

When you select an item in the mobiglas map and click to navigate to it does it show in your ship hud?

Last edited:

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Nice...
Since you seems to be the only person to have this issue I suggest you to contact CIG support, they are very kind and really interested in work the problem out with you, as far as it's possible.

One thing you could also try is to try someone else ship and see if the problem persit... I''ll expect to do so.
Another step of strouble shooting can be to change server region, loggs like this is a straming problem with the server that, for some reason, doesn't load the data into you (welcom SOCS...), may be changing region could help...
Also, along with this idea, be sure to close all the program that are not necessary and do heavy network traffic, like torrent client, streaming, game downloader, etc...

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Nice...
Since you seems to be the only person to have this issue I suggest you to contact CIG support, they are very kind and really interested in work the problem out with you, as far as it's possible.

One thing you could also try is to try someone else ship and see if the problem persit... I''ll expect to do so.
Another step of strouble shooting can be to change server region, loggs like this is a straming problem with the server that, for some reason, doesn't load the data into you (welcom SOCS...), may be changing region could help...
Also, along with this idea, be sure to close all the program that are not necessary and do heavy network traffic, like torrent client, streaming, game downloader, etc...
Until it's fixed you can crew for dudes too. Be the Redshirt landing party.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
2560x1440, I run the same resolution. When I run at 6400x1440, then the alignment isn't correct. Even with only the center screen at 2560x1440, a small part is shown in my right screen. Did you try:
- full screen: yes
- full screen: no + Fullscreen Windowed: yes (borderless windowed)
- another resolution
These options might help

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
try the usual delete the user folder? I've heard of some weird shader corruption that caused elements of the UI to not render, also I hate to suggest it, but a total wipe out and re-install of the client?

Reactions: GPcustoms

Joehockey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Apr 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Joehockey
When you spawn a ship from the terminals does the ship location show in your helmet hud before you get in it?

When you select an item in the mobiglas map and click to navigate to it does it show in your ship hud?
No to both. All icons like that are invisible.

Nice...

I hadn't considered bother support yet as I started with the issue council and it's the holidays. Crewing up is an interesting Idea, i'll have to check and see if that helps me out. I'll see if choosing something like EU region makes any difference rather than best or NA.

try the usual delete the user folder? I've heard of some weird shader corruption that caused elements of the UI to not render, also I hate to suggest it, but a total wipe out and re-install of the client?
Yeah I was holding off on a full wipe and re-install wanted to try out some other options or ideas before going with the total fix. I've never deleted the USER folder before. If I delete it, how do I get it back? Just load the game, repair files, or something else?

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Yeah I was holding off on a full wipe and re-install wanted to try out some other options or ideas before going with the total fix. I've never deleted the USER folder before. If I delete it, how do I get it back? Just load the game, repair files, or something else?
I don't do this often, but as far as I remember just delete the user folder, then load the game. If the user folder isn't present, it'll create it. You'll have to re-create any custom settings, unless you have them in a user.cfg. It sure beats redownloading the game, and fixes many problems.

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
yeah, after you get stuff setup the way you want it, in the keybindings, you can export them, I keep a copy somewhere then purge the user directory after each patch and just reload them.

Once you delete the user folder, relaunch the game, it will recreate it.

Joehockey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Apr 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Joehockey
Ok, just to check in with you guys to this point. I have:

DELETED the User folder. Relogged and joined EU rather than USA or Best and it was fixed. Drove my Super Hornet from Tessea to Tressler without an issue. Exited the game, rejoined in the USA server and it was bugged again. Same USER folder. Same ship. Same station. Same everything except I had switched back to USA. So, I exited the game to the launcher. Launched and went back to the EU server and whatever success I had seen from changing servers the first time was gone. Now I'm bugged regardless of server.

Next step for me IMO, is just a full re-install. Not sure what else I could do at this point :/

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Re-installing the game might work, what the hell - give it a try if you have the bandwidth. But 56 Gb is a hell of a download.
I was just thinking that it might be a prior version of the game that's interfering though, and that might cause a pile of miscellaneous issues like this. If that's the case, then deleting and reinstalling the game folder is a likely fix.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
2560x1440, I run the same resolution. When I run at 6400x1440, then the alignment isn't correct. Even with only the center screen at 2560x1440, a small part is shown in my right screen. Did you try:
- full screen: yes
- full screen: no + Fullscreen Windowed: yes (borderless windowed)
- another resolution
These options might help
Yeah, the time I wasn't getting any mission markers was a previous PTU, when UW resolutions were bugged. Have you tried fiddling with the rez, as @marcsand2 suggested?

Also, are all your drivers up to date?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
If full reinstall does not work it's a messge to CIG customer services and logging it on the Issue Council, although it seems too rare to be able to be verified much on the Issue Council it's still worth reporting there.

Joehockey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Apr 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Joehockey
Yeah, the time I wasn't getting any mission markers was a previous PTU, when UW resolutions were bugged. Have you tried fiddling with the rez, as @marcsand2 suggested?

Also, are all your drivers up to date?
Yeah it's weird. I can get it to work for 1 game load after a USER folder delete. But once I close the game, go back to the menu, crash, etc I have to repeat the process to get it to work. Had no changes with graphical/resolution adjustments or changes either.

If full reinstall does not work it's a messge to CIG customer services and logging it on the Issue Council, although it seems too rare to be able to be verified much on the Issue Council it's still worth reporting there.
I've got it in the Issue Council already. Stumbled across two guys earlier today there that had some similar issues with no fixes. I'm gonna go for the full wipe and see how it goes.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Lets try this:
- delete the user folder (save your config file before doing that...)
- log off the game
- delete again the user folder

It may not solve the problem but it will help to find out some clue on it, if the problem goes away every time you delete the user folder, regardless of the server then there is something on the creation of your data acocunt thet doen't work.

Also: di you change any graphics settings (Keybinding excluded) when you re-log in in the EU server? If you do try not toe do that or to reverse the change you have done, that could be the couse.
At this point and considering the test done so far I'll exclude any problem releted to the game engine, my bet are on some configuration setting you have..

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
DELETED the User folder. Relogged and joined EU rather than USA or Best and it was fixed. Drove my Super Hornet from Tessea to Tressler without an issue. Exited the game, rejoined in the USA server and it was bugged again. Same USER folder. Same ship. Same station. Same everything except I had switched back to USA. So, I exited the game to the launcher. Launched and went back to the EU server and whatever success I had seen from changing servers the first time was gone. Now I'm bugged regardless of server.
That reminds me on my Mobiglass bug, I never was able to open my Mobiglass after PU 3.7 went live. I had to request an account reset to get it fixed.

Reactions: GPcustoms

Joehockey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Apr 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Joehockey
To anyone still interested, the game is officially broken now. After USER folder deletion, and full deletion of the game and appdata, and re-installation I have found no fix or workaround to this issue. I've noted it and updated it on the Issue Council so hopefully it will get fixed. I'll likely contact CIG support after New Years as I don't think they need to worry about it until then. Thanks to everyone that tried to help me out.

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev
An interesting experiment might be if someone near you has a SC account...
that could test if the problem follows your account or follows your computer.

Forgot your password?