This year's CitizenCon ship?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I would really like a cool, hardy one man ship with proper living quarters and some cargo/guns. And not a starter ship... A repurposed Terrapin would be awesome!

But looking forward to whatever come out 👍
Yup. Tough nugget, decent guns, bit of cargo. Nothing super specialized, but not super weak in one area either. Just a solid ship that you can hop into, and use to do whatever.

Chip Hazzard

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2018
RSI Handle
ChipHazzard
Yup. Tough nugget, decent guns, bit of cargo. Nothing super specialized, but not super weak in one area either. Just a solid ship that you can hop into, and use to do whatever.
Yeah, something better than the starters (but not as big as a Freelancer), and that you could live off, without having to multicrew or being stupidly big.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
There are also the Osprey and Devastator ships from Anvil mentioned in lore but as yet not detailed.

The Osprey sounds like something that'd likely be a mid-sized ship with the Devastator being more along the lines of a capital ship.

Last edited:

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
A medium solo/duo industrial ship would be really nice. Something affordable with modules and/or variants for Salvage, Mining, and Science.

Not as good in a single role as the "starter ships" like the Vulture or Prospector, but a true honest starter ship for all the major trades that's affordable enough for a sub 100 dollar ship package. Like the Hull A for a hauler- it's got nice cargo capacity (almost as much as the base Freelancer) and is (for a star citizen ship) modestly priced.

I really want there to be an industrial ship that someone who may only feel comfortable pledging a normal amount for a game would be able to get started in- right now the cheapest industrial "starter ships" are the Vulture (Salvage, 140 USD), Prospector (Mining, 155 USD), and the only decently priced one (without any real gameplay) the Reliant Sen (Science, 85 USD)

I get that the point of the "starter" industry ships like the Vulture and Prospector is to not be shitty versions of their huge multicrew "upgrades" like the Orion/Reclaimer, but when the entry tier ships are 2-3x the cost of a normal game it scares off some people who would otherwise be interested.

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
Maybe it's a medium size anvil transport ship with massive engines capable of near light speed travel. The bulk of the ship would be use for quantum fuel storage as the ship eats through that stuff and would need to be refueled very frequently. It could take an individual or a crew of up to 5 from PO to ArcCorp in 120 sec! Your perfect courier/delivery ship.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Yeah, something better than the starters (but not as big as a Freelancer), and that you could live off, without having to multicrew or being stupidly big.
Yup. Just that.
Seems to me there is a lot of small ships and I believe at the moment all known professions are covered by small ships.

View attachment 14052
Yeah, they are. But all the professions are not covered off by medium ships. I personally want something in the Lancer to Andromeda size. A salvage ship that sits between the Vulture and the Reclaimer.
I'm almost getting they have and for all of these, and they just release them one at a time to get the dollars for funding. Smart, really.
A medium solo/duo industrial ship would be really nice. Something affordable with modules and/or variants for Salvage, Mining, and Science.
We won't see modules until launch. No any more, anyways. Which is unfortunate. CIG knows they need to min/max and make specialized ships to drive profit.
I'm a huge fan of multirole ships, but we also won't see many of those before launch. Why sell on ship that does 3 things when you can sell 3 ships that do 1 thing each.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
We won't see modules until launch. No any more, anyways. Which is unfortunate. CIG knows they need to min/max and make specialized ships to drive profit.
I'm a huge fan of multirole ships, but we also won't see many of those before launch. Why sell on ship that does 3 things when you can sell 3 ships that do 1 thing each.
cries in Caterpillar

At....at....least I have my parking sensors, that's much better than some big guns right CIG??? :thump:

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza

Not as good in a single role as the "starter ships" like the Vulture or Prospector, but a true honest starter ship for all the major trades that's affordable enough for a sub 100 dollar ship package. Like the Hull A for a hauler- it's got nice cargo capacity (almost as much as the base Freelancer) and is (for a star citizen ship) modestly priced.

I really want there to be an industrial ship that someone who may only feel comfortable pledging a normal amount for a game would be able to get started in- right now the cheapest industrial "starter ships" are the Vulture (Salvage, 140 USD), Prospector (Mining, 155 USD), and the only decently priced one (without any real gameplay) the Reliant Sen (Science, 85 USD)

I get that the point of the "starter" industry ships like the Vulture and Prospector is to not be shitty versions of their huge multicrew "upgrades" like the Orion/Reclaimer, but when the entry tier ships are 2-3x the cost of a normal game it scares off some people who would otherwise be interested.
Not sure I see the point. Typically game mechanics have the starting ships to be basic do everything until players start to grasp the game concept itself and what they wish to do in it. Often times it more beneficial to get them hooked on a story mission or combat then introduce them to more things they can do. To this end, the Aurora and Mustang are honestly great starting ships.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
and a meme was born

I saw that film, a classic 1982 second in the series sequel with William Shatner playing a man of action facing adversity... what was it called...?

Oh, yes! Airplane 2. I can hear him now: "STRRRIIIIIIIIKKEERRRRR!"

EDIT - Actually thinking about it that's a hell of a set of coincidences, same year, both second sequels, both spacey type films with Mr. Shatner in them...

Last edited:
Forgot your password?