(Thoughts) We are all invested. We believe in Star Citizen. We just have to be chill about it.

DragonHeart

Space Marshal
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
ATempest
To be honest if 3.0 isn't out by this year, what chance does the full game have within the next few years.
I still believe the game will be finished, but have realistic expectations on game development time.
Being fanatical doesn't help support the cause, it just diminishes the attractiveness of it for me.

I understand the anger some citizens experience due to constant delays, and the feeling of being lead by the nose.
But as OP said, lets keep criticism constructive and tempered.

Last edited:

Miasmic

Commander
Jul 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Miasmic
I guess I still have the "new car" feeling. I don't have any of the angst or negative feelings towards CIG that many seem to have. Coming in to this game in 2.6 was truly amazing. I'm sure that those of you that have been around for years have kind of become "acclimated" to the state of the game. Having come into this recently from the general public, I can honestly say that this game is already amazing. It is already more worthy of my time than any other game out right now. Of course, optimization wouldn't hurt, but I am under no illusions there, that is not (and should not) be the top priority this early.

I think if you took a break from SC, spent some time in the other available games, and came back to SC, you would have a new appreciation for just how awesome this game already is. The level of detail is astounding. It is far ahead of anything else. Their ambitions, and the scope of this game, will shape gaming for years to come; whether or not this game is a success in the end. At least for PC gaming. Console gamers don't seem to know much about SC.

I think their openness is a big factor in a lot of worry surrounding the game. However, I view this openness as a major, MAJOR benefit to the gaming community as a whole. It is truly awesome. I play a lot of Early Access games and none come close to the communication present between CIG and the SC community. They are taking huge risks with the way they are communicating to the players. That is exactly why the big name companies do not do it. To me, this shows complete confidence in their product. This tells me that these guys are willing to put their names and faces directly behind their game. It is really, really refreshing.

As a new player, the entire SC world took me by surprise. I hadn't really paid much attention to SC until a couple of months ago. After countless hours on YouTube and Reddit, I decided to take the plunge. Noobifier and BoredGamer are the guys that convinced me eventually, they've got some great vids up for people interested in buying in. Then came TEST. This is the best community I have ever been a part of in a game. That has done nothing but solidify my confidence in the SC product.

Hell, even if it fails now, I for one have already gotten my money's worth.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Hell, even if it fails now, I for one have already gotten my money's worth.
I can't deny I have more hours out of my money on this game even now than I have on all but three other computer games, one of which I am still playing and bought in 1996.

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
Lets be honest there is no choice but to wait. Part of the problem is with the funds raised things have been redone the scope has grown feature creep keeps happening. More things are put up for sale and its sadly ironic that some of them are being built much quicker than the old pledge ships. The reason I have become negative is the messages from CR and others which I feel are as close to lies as can be about development. If 3.0 takes another month or whatever so be it, they have kicked enough out of it already to keep skimming it down. The point about the complaining for me is to make it clear I do not want to be lied to, I have not invested so much to be lied to!

DorianSkyphire

Space Marshal
Nov 29, 2016
RSI Handle
DorianSkyphire
The good things in life are ALWAYS worth waiting for. And are often the toughest to wait for. I am content to wait for them to decide the product is ready, especially given how much is on the line and how this could be a huge detractor if they release something crap. I want them to succeed.. so i spend my time fucking around in h1z1 for now.

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
I waited FOREVER for a better Privateer to come out. How long has that been? Then Freelancer came out and I was all like "YES,YES,YES!!" and then it went nowhere. Now, here is the thing I've been dreaming of since 1994. That's about 23 years I've been waiting, hoping, "Oh, please let this be the year the Privateer/Freelancer MMO comes out!" Now I'm told I have to wait a few more weeks for 3.0. Whatever, at least it's finally being made after all these years. Let me put it this way, SC will come out and I will enjoy it or I will wait the rest of my life for it, Chris Roberts Privateer MMO with about 300 trillion more features than I imagined would be in there. I'll wait for Star Citizen until I die, or, you know, a good WH 40k MMO comes out and I can be an Adeptus Mechanicus Techpriest with my own Firestorm Frigate.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I waited FOREVER for a better Privateer to come out. How long has that been? Then Freelancer came out and I was all like "YES,YES,YES!!" and then it went nowhere. Now, here is the thing I've been dreaming of since 1994. That's about 23 years I've been waiting, hoping, "Oh, please let this be the year the Privateer/Freelancer MMO comes out!" Now I'm told I have to wait a few more weeks for 3.0. Whatever, at least it's finally being made after all these years. Let me put it this way, SC will come out and I will enjoy it or I will wait the rest of my life for it, Chris Roberts Privateer MMO with about 300 trillion more features than I imagined would be in there. I'll wait for Star Citizen until I die, or, you know, a good WH 40k MMO comes out and I can be an Adeptus Mechanicus Techpriest with my own Firestorm Frigate.
Exactly this. Privateer ruined me for open world space games. Privateer 2, meh, but still AWESOME. Freelancer: so much potential. SO SO SO MUCH. I played the SHIT out of that game. It was never realized. But here, here we are. The pinnacle. The be all end all. The alpha and omega of Space Sims . . .I can wait. Fuck me, can I wait.

@Tealwraith, cheers buddy. I'll drink to a few more days/weeks/months/years. I have other things to occupy me until then. Mostly life. Haha

Forgot your password?