(Thoughts) We are all invested. We believe in Star Citizen. We just have to be chill about it.

orac_zen

Space Marshal
Mar 16, 2016
RSI Handle
orak1
I see a lot of negative commits on here. giving us the production schedule was a hugh step that lets us know more detailed info about what is going on internally in CiG. I don't believe anyone at CIG has ever intentially lied to us. They give us the information they can with there best estimates. If you have ever worked with a production schedule you would understand that they very rarely meet there goals. Goals are often set as the best possible outcome/date. there are allways unforeseen issues that come up and set these goals back weeks/ months, etc. I have spent a lot on money on StarCitizen, by far more than I have spent on any other game, and I know a lot of you have as well. The finish line is coming we just have to keep rolling with the punchs and double our patience level! Whitch is hard in this world of instant gratification we live in.

the new ATV coming out Thursday will hopefully provide some more insight into what the hold ups are and how CIG is attacking them. To have the greatest Space sim ever we have to go through all the pain to make it! if it was easy every developer out there would be making it!

Miasmic

Commander
Jul 8, 2017
RSI Handle
Miasmic
I see a lot of negative commits on here. giving us the production schedule was a hugh step that lets us know more detailed info about what is going on internally in CiG. I don't believe anyone at CIG has ever intentially lied to us. They give us the information they can with there best estimates. If you have ever worked with a production schedule you would understand that they very rarely meet there goals. Goals are often set as the best possible outcome/date. there are allways unforeseen issues that come up and set these goals back weeks/ months, etc.
Absolutely! I just left a job making educational robotic toys (Modular Robotics), and I cannot tell you how many of our own predefined production deadlines/goals we missed. Very simple work in comparison.

You always aim high. You may not always get there, but you always aim high.

Heinlein

Commander
May 28, 2017
RSI Handle
RoadTrip
I want them to take their time and get it right BUT . . .

Might as well go back and fix some of the common Star Marine and other bugs while we are waiting. That would make the time go by much smoother.

Specifically the respawn bug and about 4 or 5 other bugs in Star Marine that make it frustrating at times.

orac_zen

Space Marshal
Mar 16, 2016
RSI Handle
orak1
I want them to take their time and get it right BUT . . .

Might as well go back and fix some of the common Star Marine and other bugs while we are waiting. That would make the time go by much smoother.

Specifically the respawn bug and about 4 or 5 other bugs in Star Marine that make it frustrating at times.
Have you created issue council reports on these bugs? Would you rather them work on polishing out star marine or get 3.0 out? I for one would focus on the main game and not one of it's spin offs.

I bought the mustang package when I first got Star Citizen. I like the mustang, but I never fly it, because of the bug when you are entering the ship. That has been my biggest complaint about this game, but I understand that when fighting fires (fixing bugs) its better to go after the main cause of the problem vs the 10 little fires all caused by it. That way you kill all of the problem with as little time & energy vs spending 10 times the time and energy to fix the same problems. Plus it speeds up getting the game released.

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
I flip back and forth on the subject. I try to be patient and succeed most of the time. Sometimes though, the setbacks get the better of me and I feel the frustration creeping back in. My issues are less about setbacks like the vertical slice though and more about the ever widening gap between today and the actual release date.

I want to see this game release and be the wild success we all know it could be. It has the potential to raise the proverbial bar for all future mmos. It has a solid chance to redefine what is actually possible in a mmo and keep us entertained for the large part of the next decade. It has to release though. If they wait too long, their window of opportunity will close.

Right now, there isn't much to play in the mmo world. The genre is over saturated with free to play, over hyped, p2w failures. There are some prospects on the horizon, but there's not much right now. If SC's release date gets pushed too far out, they will find themselves obsolete before they even begin. It's not just the release date though.

I just don't want to see Star Citizen turn out to be just another game that could have been great. I have seen far too many of those over the years. APB, Guild Wars 2, The Division, Archeage, and many others had all the components to become amazing and groundbreaking games. Each one of them had such amazing potential for perfection but they all fell prey to a massive failure in management and design choices. Seeing these failures happen first hand was like watching a class full of preschoolers descend upon the mona lisa with a handful of crayons and magic markers.

All this has left me a bit paranoid. This game might very well be the last step to push me over the limit to a full fledged video game cynic. I have a little faith left and have spent all that remains on this game. If this fails, I don't know if I can ever believe the hype again. But, that's why I'm here. That's why I'm playing this alpha and have supported this game. I want to give my feedback through this development process (however small amount of influence I actually have). I know it's not perfect, but I will do my part to try and help it in the right direction.

I'm not the only one either. Many of us here feel the same way. We're not here to play the game early, we're here to help this game become what we all know it has the potential to be. So, for now, I am patient.

MurgenTemplar

Grand Admiral
Oct 31, 2016
RSI Handle
Murgentemplar
<SERIOUS NOTE>

There are 3 things here:

1. We want the best game ever made. I'm prepared to wait, as patient as possible. I invested > 2.000 euro and I am a subscriber. So I did my share.

2. Waiting patiently and nervously riding on the hype-train do not go together. It is either waiting patiently or burning up on every bone they throw at us. Personally I choose for waiting patiently, Which means I will not be bothered anymore by presentations and demo's from stuff that seems around the corner but not even started development.

3. Selling ships is the money making machine for CIG. By stretching everybody's patience and expectations over too many years the trust and credit will decline even more. To put it mildly: I want my Redeemer!

So, I'm not angry, I'm not sad, I'm just very on my guard for the Marketing Machine from RSI.

</SERIOUS NOTE>

Forgot your password?