Votes: 26 48.1%

• Total voters

Tealwraith

Heresy detector
Donor
May 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Tealwraith
The technology for Exo-armour was originally developed during Mankind's Dark Age of Technology. These sealed environment suits enabled maintenance crews of spacecraft to operate in extremely hazardous environments such as hard vacuum or in other adverse atmospheric conditions. Exo-armour was constructed from heavy gauge Plasteel plating, forming an armoured shell that could withstand even the colossal impact of high-speed orbital micro-debris. It is the only armour suitable for working inside the high-pressure casings of plasma reactor shields, or the extremely corrosive environments inside the holds of bulk chemical carriers. These same qualities, suitably enhanced, were used to make Tactical Dreadnought Armour virtually invulnerable to most weapons. The development of Terminator Armour, as Tactical Dreadnought Armour soon became known, was well underway during the Great Crusade to replace Power Armour, but was relegated to its current role due to a lack of maneuverability.

Grimm_Reaper

Space Marshal
May 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Grimm_Reaper
The technology for Exo-armour was originally developed during Mankind's Dark Age of Technology. These sealed environment suits enabled maintenance crews of spacecraft to operate in extremely hazardous environments such as hard vacuum or in other adverse atmospheric conditions. Exo-armour was constructed from heavy gauge Plasteel plating, forming an armoured shell that could withstand even the colossal impact of high-speed orbital micro-debris. It is the only armour suitable for working inside the high-pressure casings of plasma reactor shields, or the extremely corrosive environments inside the holds of bulk chemical carriers. These same qualities, suitably enhanced, were used to make Tactical Dreadnought Armour virtually invulnerable to most weapons. The development of Terminator Armour, as Tactical Dreadnought Armour soon became known, was well underway during the Great Crusade to replace Power Armour, but was relegated to its current role due to a lack of maneuverability.
Don't beat around the bush, just give it to me straight doc. What you're saying is I need to kill a lot of this...

to build this..

Gottcha.

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
RISE FROM THE BEYOND! NECRO-POST TIME!
dancing_skeletons.gif

Who dat?
CloudImperiumGames_StarCitizen_Outlaw_Armor.png

This was sneaked into monthly update email. Image titled "Outlaw Armor," but it doesn't look much like the legacy armors that we've been told about. Also, is Odin Munitions a new company?

Any theorycrafters curious? I'd say with suspenders like that, there's at least some titan trousers in the works!

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
RISE FROM THE BEYOND! NECRO-POST TIME!
View attachment 9879

Who dat?
View attachment 9880
This was sneaked into monthly update email. Image titled "Outlaw Armor," but it doesn't look much like the legacy armors that we've been told about. Also, is Odin Munitions a new company?

Any theorycrafters curious? I'd say with suspenders like that, there's at least some titan trousers in the works!
Thats an interesting screenshot id love to hear more if anyone has looked into lore at all.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
what is that "Omni Role Combat Armor (ORC) mk9" which was gifted from rsi for backers ? i find this under my gear...is that a "class V" perhaps ? i received that on 09 of May 2014
@chendal220 , you lucky guy! I wish I'd known about Star Citizen back then to have joined in time for that.

That being said, I'm looking forward to getting 1 of those Class V battle suits to take on a field full of TEST haters. I'll just nuke them all while cooking up a jumbo chimichanga in the back of my Warlock by using it like a massive microwave.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
At this point I don't want Titan suits. Cool? YES. But I want them to work on the game more.
I don't think it is a case of merely reassigning artists, unless what you mean by "working on the game more" is ships. As Montoya often notes, out of something like 470 employees, only about 20 of them work directly on the ships, and one supposes these also work on vehicles. So working on Mech or Titan Suits could detract from work on ships, but it would not affect the schedule for the game to go Beta, etc.

But I do agree I would like to see the number of folks working on ships go up. To be sustainable,what we'd ultimately like to see is ships released to fly at the same rate they go on concept sale, and since CIG makes their money mostly from Concept sale ships, it only makes sense to grow the ship work team. IMHO, it is questionable behavior to shove the 600i up the development schedule and leave the Carrack, which people had put cash down on much earlier, to wait. I think CIG would earn a lot of customer appreciation if they added a handful of artists to the ships team and pushed to get the older designs like the Redeemer, Carrack, BMM, and even the Sentinel into people's hands. Why was the Hurricane released before the Sentinel?

But I still want to see Mechs. Maybe in ten years CIG will be looking how to grow their established game, and then start to include more effort on the Mech component. Would make for a fascinating extension in gameplay.

View: https://youtu.be/sa043A2fjCY

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Fuck all that, I want Deus Ex style augmentation.
Yes well, given there are no skills past what a player has for things like FPS, I think we already have this. When you choose between various types of armor, you are choosing defense or mobility, and it wouldn't take much to add a personal radar rejecting stealth mode. That would be intriguing.

Right now, we can choose armor or mobility. If you sacrificed both for some radar invisibility, you'd have the same stealth choice as in Deus Ex, no?

Wolfy

Space Kitty
Donor
Apr 27, 2017
RSI Handle
WolfytheWarlock
Yes well, given there are no skills past what a player has for things like FPS, I think we already have this. When you choose between various types of armor, you are choosing defense or mobility, and it wouldn't take much to add a personal radar rejecting stealth mode. That would be intriguing.

Right now, we can choose armor or mobility. If you sacrificed both for some radar invisibility, you'd have the same stealth choice as in Deus Ex, no?
I am not talking about armour at all. Rather, I want to replace my limbs.

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
I am not talking about armour at all. Rather, I want to replace my limbs.
With the work they put into this game....
I can imagine after the planets, aliens, ships, more aliens, more ships, more armor, and more ships, they might consider giving us "walking tanks" and "replace human body parts".... why not right?
I want to have mech legs and arms, but my armor is furry, and my suit that I use to explore planets can lift all my loot up into my Aurora with ease.
i dig it.
Let's have ALL the genres!

Forgot your password?