To buy or not to buy a Javelin?

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Well....
I would keep a eye on it and wait until end of month if it still is 8 left, there is no rush to buy it yet.
But I would watch it like a hawk and if the 8 drops to 7, 6, 5 left I say grab it wile you can...

...hmm... Then there is, why wait to do what you can do today, when you don't know if you can do it tomorrow... :tophat::spy::upside_down:

:beer::beer::beers::popcorn::beers::beer::beer::beer::beers:

Nicotine

Space Marshal
I am trying to understand what is going on here.

Are you telling us that you bought the old completionist pack but never exercised the right to then buy a Javlin?

Now they removed the Javlin token from the new pack so have a limited number of Javelins still available for old pack owners.

If your not going to use the token then is it not better to melt the completionist pack and buy some of the other packs that have less small ships stuffed into them?

Last edited:

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
I would say hold off on it for now and wait to see if they release something else huge. Don't use your CC to make purchases on things like this. Make an account on the side and stuff it with a monthly ammount of well i don't "Need" this money. You will feel much more comfortable about buying it at that time. that is how i did mine and i don't feel regret for anything. I'm hoping that guy who was working on the Alexander gets his shipped picked up by CIG and it becomes a reality my only regret is if it does come out(In limited numbers) id much rather have that one and won't be able to get it(Unless CIG allows me to switch my pledge over somehow.)

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
If I used 2500 in credit card balance to buy this right now,
my wife would absolutely kill me....
we just refi'd the home and got out of most CC debt and are doing a solar upgrade.

.... but.............

P.S.
I assume the availability means there's 7 other people like me with the old completionist pack which have not bought/used their Javelin token yet.
Buy it.

Bruce

Grand Admiral
May 23, 2017
RSI Handle
ABAP
If I used 2500 in credit card balance
Oh ... I have to say now - you enlightened me dear sir ... I have a separate credit card with points for business travel, and from now on my future Star Citizen purchases will come only from points accumulated on this card ... this makes total sense now! ( but I'm afraid november's sale will break this great idea :( )

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
I firmly believe that if you want something, get it. If you can't afford it, work harder until you can.

That said, a marriage is a partnership. So if you work harder to earn an extra $2,500, you will likely need to double time it and actually earn $5,000 instead. I doubt you will get aggro if the sentence "I would like to purchase a Javelin" is preceded by "I just put an extra $2,500 in your spending account".

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
It's ultimately up to you, though personally I am worried about crewing my own Polaris let alone something like a Javelin.

Also do keep in mind that it will be available to earn in game. Don't want to take away too many long term goals once you start playing.
I plan to crew almost my whole ship with NPCs.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
I firmly believe that if you want something, get it. If you can't afford it, work harder until you can.

That said, a marriage is a partnership. So if you work harder to earn an extra $2,500, you will likely need to double time it and actually earn $5,000 instead. I doubt you will get aggro if the sentence "I would like to purchase a Javelin" is preceded by "I just put an extra $2,500 in your spending account".
Jewelery also works. :)

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
It's ultimately up to you, though personally I am worried about crewing my own Polaris let alone something like a Javelin.

Also do keep in mind that it will be available to earn in game. Don't want to take away too many long term goals once you start playing.
I'm not sure it will really be feasible for a single person to earn a Javelin in game.

It probably won't matter though, because I also don't think a single person can effectively operate a Javelin.

These are multi crew ships. They put the multi in multi crew.

It's intended for corp members to work together to purchase, fit and operate these ships in game.

I could be wrong, but that's my impression.

SpudNyk

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 19, 2016
RSI Handle
spudnyk
Butt.. .just imagine.... docking a ton of Javelins and ships together.. power on.. full shields.. and just having a massive TEST ball of ships saving the universe! ... or destroying it lol
Or collapsing under its own weight and becoming the official TEST sun?

Hmm this also giving us another reason we must crash ships into it.

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
In reality if I had just cleared the debts I would be more inclined to save and go on holiday with said partner than purchase a Javelin. It is the biggest cahoonas you can buy and it sounds like you have already invested plenty, just how useable will they really be. Now if it was me and ten mates all wanted to chip in and join in the fun together that would be much more likely and more likely to be used as you all invested in it.

WaterShield

Space Marshal
Oct 16, 2015
RSI Handle
WaterShield
I'm not sure it will really be feasible for a single person to earn a Javelin in game.

It probably won't matter though, because I also don't think a single person can effectively operate a Javelin.

These are multi crew ships. They put the multi in multi crew.

It's intended for corp members to work together to purchase, fit and operate these ships in game.

I could be wrong, but that's my impression.
Also true. The big takeaway though, is that one ship should not make or break your experience, and that's a lot of cash to drop.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
I've spent approximately $400 on Internet Spaceship Pixels

anyone who spends more is an idiot

after I buy a Terrapin, anyone who has spent more than $600 will be an idiot
The terrapin is not a good bang for the buck ship. If it had remained true to concept, yes it was, but with the changes there are better ships out there for that money

Forgot your password?