To buy or not to buy a Javelin?

cmink

Vice Admiral
Dec 11, 2017
RSI Handle
cmink
If I used 2500 in credit card balance to buy this right now,
my wife would absolutely kill me....
we just refi'd the home and got out of most CC debt and are doing a solar upgrade.

.... but.............

P.S.
I assume the availability means there's 7 other people like me with the old completionist pack which have not bought/used their Javelin token yet.

If you pay it off, next month, the answer is YES, to more flight miles to somewhere else.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
That's the idea right? Hide the total fleet count from everyone in case it finds its way back to the wife.
When I was around the 10K level she knew about it and was okay with it even though she complained about it... but she doesn't know about anything after that...... :cold_sweat:

RiceMaiden

Admiral
Jan 21, 2017
RSI Handle
RiceMaiden
If I used 2500 in credit card balance to buy this right now,
my wife would absolutely kill me....
we just refi'd the home and got out of most CC debt and are doing a solar upgrade.

.... but.............

P.S.
I assume the availability means there's 7 other people like me with the old completionist pack which have not bought/used their Javelin token yet.
Ok... hear me out.

Think about the first time you walked into the 600i. The feelings. The emotions. You can't buy that anywhere else.

The Javelin will be the ultimate. It will amaze. Astound. Create a sense of awe that won't be felt again for decades to come. Only a handful of people will get to say they own that experience. BE THAT PERSON.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
If... I wanted to save 60%... I could buy RSI credit on the grey market at 60% over a few months.. then buy it with RSI credit. I assume it can be bought with RSI credit or cash since it's not a warbond. .... yes.... I think that is the most prudent course of action. $1500 / 6 months = $250 a month. I think I can get away with it without pissing off my wife.

If my wife kills me... I blame @RiceMaiden lol
And then @Blind Owl would get all my ships

Bruce

Grand Admiral
May 23, 2017
RSI Handle
ABAP
If... I wanted to save 60%...
Oh man .. your math made my day )))) classic testie math ftw.

Unfortunately as long as I'm not completely mistaken this wouldn't work due to two reasons.
1. There is still "warbond" version of the Javelin that still has $2.5k pricetag, but "Cred" version is $3k
2. You only save 40% by buying something at 60% (and unfortunately there is an obvious risk associated with 60% RSI credits purchases )

So all together ... buying 3000 creds at 60% will require 1.8k which is ~ 72% of 2.5K so actual savings are below 30% (and with 75% creds purchase actual savings will be around 10% ) just saying. All of this doesn't take into consideration amount of time required to acquire said 3000 RSI creds

Of course if you have 2.5k cred version available, and reliable source of 60% creds - go for it (and let me know please who is this source I'd buy some creds myslef :) )

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Oh man .. your math made my day )))) classic testie math ftw.

Unfortunately as long as I'm not completely mistaken this wouldn't work due to two reasons.
1. There is still "warbond" version of the Javelin that still has $2.5k pricetag, but "Cred" version is $3k
2. You only save 40% by buying something at 60% (and unfortunately there is an obvious risk associated with 60% RSI credits purchases )

So all together ... buying 3000 creds at 60% will require 1.8k which is ~ 72% of 2.5K so actual savings are below 30% (and with 75% creds purchase actual savings will be around 10% ) just saying. All of this doesn't take into consideration amount of time required to acquire said 3000 RSI creds

Of course if you have 2.5k cred version available, and reliable source of 60% creds - go for it (and let me know please who is this source I'd buy some creds myslef :slight_smile: )

What just happened here? Gd damn it.... math is hard

P.S. The Jav token is RSI credit enabled. I just checked. It allowed me to apply credit and didn't complain or warn me like on Warbonds.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
I thought you had a Javelin already
Yes, $3K RSI credit version from the last sale, I melted it to get into the old completionist pack.
It's still there... but 2.5K Javelin > 3K Javelin

RiceMaiden

Admiral
Jan 21, 2017
RSI Handle
RiceMaiden
If... I wanted to save 60%... I could buy RSI credit on the grey market at 60% over a few months.. then buy it with RSI credit. I assume it can be bought with RSI credit or cash since it's not a warbond. .... yes.... I think that is the most prudent course of action. $1500 / 6 months = $250 a month. I think I can get away with it without pissing off my wife.

I will gladly accept responsibility.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Last edited:

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264

Did you find out if it could be bought with RSI credits?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
If you have an Idris already, I don't think you really need a jav...

From last I heared, you'll have to spend a lot of the early game equipping the jav as it won't be supplied with most of its required equipment. The idris should arrive cocked, locked and ready to rock... Unless something changes between now and launch...

Then again, it'd be something to do, the whole Org pulling together to get its 46+ javalins flying in peak condition as soon as is possible, between looking for a Bengal to fix up... Both of those things are probably what most Orgs will be doing.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?