marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Nice tip ,ta will try that ( oh an blame you when it fucks up ) next .
Borderless full screen will cost you a few fps, but it makes alt+tab a lot easier. For me the borderless windowed mode is to support triple screen without having to merge the 3 screens to one screen with surround 3d, which is bad for me because the 3 screens aren't equal. Surround 3D makes all 3 screens the same resolution which sucks with 1x 2560x1440 and 2x 1920x1200.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I lost 683 aUEC today from making a bad trade and then after trying to make up for it with a good trade. Fun times when you panic that the server might crash any second because the frames keep dropping.
I'm no hauler, but I made 1M aUEC in 2 sessions. The golden rule: find a stable server. If the server isn't stable, don't trade. Switch until you find a stable server. You don't find a stable server, don't trade. Server becomes unstable, which you can see coming, find a station to land and leave ship and server. As long as you leave your ship at a station, Grim, Olisar, Levski, maybe more, the goods stay safe.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
Can't really run SLI since the profile isn't supported or something (from what I have read all over the place).
Ah ok, that would explain why the profile edited for SLI crashed the game.

Each dock at Olisar is it's own trade hub, so you can trade from A to B and make some quick cash. I don't know the prices yet, so I've been losing money just trying things. I did find that Grim Hex does sell diamonds for cheap so long as you don't ask where they get them. Olisar pays well for them.
OH! That explains some of the behavior I was seeing, and why I'd see people throwing a fit about prices at PO being wrecked but looked fine to me.

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
So where are you placing the USER.cfg? In the root LIVE folder, or under USER since we don't have a PUBLIC folfer anymore?

Just want to know where it should be set.

Thanks

'Gimp

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
So where are you placing the USER.cfg? In the root LIVE folder, or under USER since we don't have a PUBLIC folfer anymore?

Just want to know where it should be set.

Thanks

'Gimp
for me:
C:\Program Files\Roberts Space Industries\StarCitizen\LIVE
in the location where you installed your games, same folder as where USER folder is installed

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Having bad luck this evening on the USA region. No instance I spawned in had anything for sale. Nothing. Nothing in the shops, terminals, anything. Shops were empty of items, Terminals acted as if they had all been cleaned out. Tried several new instances. Same issues. I'll try again tomorrow.

I have an actual user.cfg question though:

Is there any specific formatting to it or can I open notepad, type in: "r_DisplayInfo 3" and save it as user.cfg in the LIVE folder and it works?

Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I once saw 49 fps. I had joined a new server and no one had spawned Caterpillars full of cargo yet or had ran into any loot pinatas in the PU. It lasted a whole 10 minutes before it dropped back down to the usual 20 fps and I play with.

Considering that @Blind Owl and I played nearly long enough together to spawn a ship, I did notice a few things. I was getting 20 fps and I have an i7 3820, 32 GB of ram, an SSD for Star Citizen and another SSD for my OS, a gtx 970, and a 300 mbps internet connection. Blind Owl had an old laptop and was getting 35 fps. I don't think that Owl has anything fancy. My graphic settings are on low and I turned off motion blur and Vertical sync.
I have:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16340MB RAM

GTX 980M SLI:

-Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M
Chip type: GeForce GTX 980M
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 16323 MB
Dedicated Memory: 8153 MB
Shared Memory: 8170 MB

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
I'm no hauler, but I made 1M aUEC in 2 sessions. The golden rule: find a stable server. If the server isn't stable, don't trade. Switch until you find a stable server. You don't find a stable server, don't trade. Server becomes unstable, which you can see coming, find a station to land and leave ship and server. As long as you leave your ship at a station, Grim, Olisar, Levski, maybe more, the goods stay safe.
I put 14 SCU in my Cutlass. It was left at Levski. I left and went to another server and my Cutlass was still at Levski but my cargo was gone. My goods were not safe. That's how I got down from 5,000 aUEC to 1477 aUEC. :(

I have:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16340MB RAM

GTX 980M SLI:

YOU HAVE SLI IN YOUR LAPTOP!?!?!!!??!?!?!!?!?? WTF OWL! THAT THING IS AN INFERNO WAITING TO BURN.... oh right... you live in a cold place where you need hot things to survive the winter... makes sense now.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
I put 14 SCU in my Cutlass. It was left at Levski. I left and went to another server and my Cutlass was still at Levski but my cargo was gone. My goods were not safe. That's how I got down from 5,000 aUEC to 1477 aUEC. :(

YOU HAVE SLI IN YOUR LAPTOP!?!?!!!??!?!?!!?!?? WTF OWL! THAT THING IS AN INFERNO WAITING TO BURN.... oh right... you live in a cold place where you need hot things to survive the winter... makes sense now.
Check this out,
http://nationalpost.com/news/canada/mars-and-the-north-pole-are-warmer-than-winnipeg-a-guide-to-how-damned-cold-it-is

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
280GB Optane
I bought that ssd. Anndd.. it don't work on my 3 year old MoBo. "Honey, I have to upgrade. All the guys are getting new mother boards."

Each dock at Olisar is it's own trade hub, so you can trade from A to B and make some quick cash.
Shh. Don't let IC know. We got a good thing going here. What would Miles say?

Now that's a great idea. Best one I've heard in a while.

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Yeah, @Blind Owl showed me that 2 days ago, ha. It's pretty cold.

I bought that ssd. Anndd.. it don't work on my 3 year old MoBo. "Honey, I have to upgrade. All the guys are getting new mother boards."

Shh. Don't let IC know. We got a good thing going here. What would Miles say?

Now that's a great idea. Best one I've heard in a while.
Miles? Never heard of him. Never seen him. You're talking to the wrong guy. `>_>

Pug76

Captain
Nov 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Pug76
Having bad luck this evening on the USA region. No instance I spawned in had anything for sale. Nothing. Nothing in the shops, terminals, anything. Shops were empty of items, Terminals acted as if they had all been cleaned out. Tried several new instances. Same issues. I'll try again tomorrow.

Is there any specific formatting to it or can I open notepad, type in: "r_DisplayInfo 3" and save it as user.cfg in the LIVE folder and it works?
Use Notepad , when you have written your User file , save it as User.cfg , you must use the Encode UTF-8 in Notepad , then just drop the saved cfg in your Live folder in SC

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2

Yeap, just plain text file in notepad.

Con_Restricted = 0
r_DisplayInfo 3

is the easiest way to test it, you will immediately see it. make a user.cfg text file with both lines in it start or restart SC and it displays the display info in the right top of your screen.

Reactions: Blind Owl

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I left a shitload of waste in my freelancer at grim, a few days later I flew the Freelancer to Levski to sell it. I also once had a bug with some goods, I couldn't sell them at Olisar. I had to leave the server a few times, fly back to Grim where I finally could sell them.

I had the same problem, I got the Optane, checked my Mobo... only a free PCIe x1 slot, the Optane needed a PCIe x4 slot....Then I bought a new MoBo. The big plus was that the regular freezes that locked up my rig in game also disappeared. That was the best 100 bucks which I spend

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Wow!
Approximately 0.00003 per cent of Canada isn’t freezing right now
Saskatoon is colder than both the north and south poles
Alberta’s warmest place was almost as cold as Mars
Vancouver is as cold as Moscow
I'll have to think of all that then next time I bitch and moan when the temps go below 45 F here...

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Yeap, just plain text file in notepad.

Con_Restricted = 0
r_DisplayInfo 3

is the easiest way to test it, you will immediately see it. make a user.cfg text file with both lines in it start or restart SC and it displays the display info in the right top of your screen.
Didn't work. I put it in the LIVE folder and nothing showed up in game.
location.PNG

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Notepad or Notepad++ doesn't matter, until 2.6.3 notepad should be started as Admin in order to be able to save the user.cfg in the right location. In 3.0 this isn't necessary anymore
upload_2017-12-30_15-0-24.png

Con_restricted = 0 is necessary to enable ingame console

upload_2017-12-30_15-6-16.png

Forgot your password?