marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I renamed the user.cfg in the folder LIVE to user.~cfg, but still it loaded borderless windowed. When Star Citizen sees a user.cfg, it copies this to appdata:
upload_2017-12-30_15-13-12.png

it still contains my old commented lines :r_Width, which lets me presume that it only copies the user.cfg if there are any changes.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I had to remove user.cfg in LIVE folder and remove the USER folder in the LIVE folder to get back my default settings. When placing the user.cfg back in the LIVE folder, everything worked again. The user.cfg in the AppData folder didn't change. Last change was 26/12/2017..weird
upload_2017-12-30_15-51-15.png

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
Mine will only save as .txt, no option to change to .cfg - suggestions? Checked option in Notepad and Wordpad and not seeing a way to save as .cfg

'Gimp

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
I left a shitload of waste in my freelancer at grim, a few days later I flew the Freelancer to Levski to sell it. I also once had a bug with some goods, I couldn't sell them at Olisar. I had to leave the server a few times, fly back to Grim where I finally could sell them.

I had the same problem, I got the Optane, checked my Mobo... only a free PCIe x1 slot, the Optane needed a PCIe x4 slot....Then I bought a new MoBo. The big plus was that the regular freezes that locked up my rig in game also disappeared. That was the best 100 bucks which I spend
Not all goods can be sold at all ports. There's a list floating around in Spectrum that shows which things can be bought where and which things can be sold.

Pug76

Captain
Nov 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Pug76
This is Notepad in win10

See the Big red arrow , that's where you change the ENCODE you must do this or it will be a standard txt file and SC will laugh an tell yer too fuck off .

Change it , then save it as User.cfg and your done , just drop it into the Live folder . that's it .

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Well actually I found it on the www BoredGamer again . an fuck me at one point i saw 40fps , jeez I almost shot the motherload when that happened .

oh and after 4 attempts i finally managed to complete the PI Mission wohoo 74UEC Richer

So as Del would say " Rodney , this time next year we will be millionare's"
Wow I just tried your config and it doubled my FPS!! Was getting 12-20 now getting 25-40!!

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!
(image quality has gone a bit down hill but..... meh i'd rather it was smoother)

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Not all goods can be sold at all ports. There's a list floating around in Spectrum that shows which things can be bought where and which things can be sold.
Yeah, I noticed that. I figured out that I could take some Waste from Olisar to Grim... miss read, Waste can only be sold at Levski and it wasn't profitable. A Starfarer load full of Waste :dizzy_face:
The other problem was (correct me if I'm wrong) Laramite. I bought a full load at Grim for 55, sold it for 77 at Olisar, then I wanted to do a second run, bought it for 61 at Grim but couldn't buy a full load. That was the point were alarm bells should have ringed. The rest was Diamonds. At Olisar I could sell the Diamonds, but the Laramite always got timed out. I switched server, but still had the same problem. Then I switched to EU, got a price of 35, but still the same problem. Then I went to Grim and fortunately could sell the Laramite for 60 something, pfew, after that I just sticked to Diamonds. Now I earned enough money to start testing components.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
This is Notepad in win10

See the Big red arrow , that's where you change the ENCODE you must do this or it will be a standard txt file and SC will laugh an tell yer too fuck off .

Change it , then save it as User.cfg and your done , just drop it into the Live folder . that's it .
upload_2017-12-30_21-25-3.png

SC doesn't tell me to fuck off, it works just fine :thinking:

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Yeah, I noticed that. I figured out that I could take some Waste from Olisar to Grim... miss read, Waste can only be sold at Levski and it wasn't profitable. A Starfarer load full of Waste :dizzy_face:
The other problem was (correct me if I'm wrong) Laramite. I bought a full load at Grim for 55, sold it for 77 at Olisar, then I wanted to do a second run, bought it for 61 at Grim but couldn't buy a full load. That was the point were alarm bells should have ringed. The rest was Diamonds. At Olisar I could sell the Diamonds, but the Laramite always got timed out. I switched server, but still had the same problem. Then I switched to EU, got a price of 35, but still the same problem. Then I went to Grim and fortunately could sell the Laramite for 60 something, pfew, after that I just sticked to Diamonds. Now I earned enough money to start testing components.
Everyone is selling Laramite. By the time you get to a place to sell it, someone probably already sold a bunch, which changes the values since it's on a supply and demand type of thing. I stick to diamond and metals. Not as much pay but at least my competition is lower. Not that I've done too many successful trade runs, ha.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
@Pug76 Go to page 2 of this thread and see the pic of my folder with the file in it.
@Black Sunder

The user folder should look like this , it it's not blue ( as in choking a smurff ) you havn't saved it correctly
It will turn blue if you say that notepad is the default application to open .cfg files. I told Windows to open .cfg files with notepad++ so mine are green

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
@Pug76 Go to page 2 of this thread and see the pic of my folder with the file in it.
Another option would be if you save the file user.cfg as a text file. If you check explorer, it says user.cfg because standard the option "Hide extension for know file types" is on. Actually the file would be called: user.cfg.txt. The .txt just would be hidden because previous option.
upload_2017-12-30_21-35-50.png

But if you made this mistake, then it would show the file as text document. In your screenshot it says: CFG file
upload_2017-12-30_21-38-7.png

If you want to save as user.cfg, then you must not save as "All Files"
upload_2017-12-30_21-41-18.png

Forgot your password?