Unholy Tournament of Test Squadron!! for 2.6!!! Let the games begin!!!!

Would you rather...

• Have just a 4v4 Tournament for max number of teams

Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Have just a 8v8 Tournament

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • Have just a 12v12 Tournament For max number of combatants

Votes: 12 13.5%
  • Have the 4v4 Tournament and then combine teams for 8v8 and 12v12 for more than one Tournament

Votes: 50 56.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mindrush

Lieutenant
Dec 11, 2016
RSI Handle
mindrush
Can I get put on a central time zone team? I'm on an all EU team and with my schedule of work we'd never have time to play together. I would be okay with being an extra man on an existing central timezone team. Playing hours are 11:00 PM GMT- 5:00 AM GMT.

Reactions: Blind Owl

B3aT

Space Marshal
Dec 2, 2016
RSI Handle
B3aT
I'm not sure why this is needed. The idea is that Light and Medium armors will have their own benefits, why not let a team choose their own load-out? Or are we assuming CIG will make it unbalanced and one armor will be vastly superior to the other?
Having 2 main weapons seems the only difference on the current builds from what I read/saw, so it would give it an advantage, I'll keep the rule nevertheless because..bugs and other things that will change in the near future. Is a possible scenario: now is no "HP" difference, but when we reach bracket 2 it is..

DrunkenTeddy

Order of 10 High Priest
Donor
Apr 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DrunkenTeddy
No discernible difference in speed or size.
Effectively carrying double the firepower over the light. Even if you cannot shoot both main weapons at once you can bring weapons for more situations.
Seems like reason enough to go with 2 of each as a rule, thanks. I do hope they fix this and give each armor type a true purpose.

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
ugh you guys and adding people at the last minute lol. now i need to figure out the brackets again... leme update the teams and such. figure out if we are gona just add you guys to teams or not.

Signups are officially closed now. once i set this up ill have more word on things. First day of the tournament will be after the new year.

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
Team 7, 9, 10 i need a captain or i'm going to pick someone by christmas.

Team 3, 7, 8, 9, 10 I need names or your going to be generically named the team number you are.

With the late signups we now have an odd number of teams. So the 4 late signups are going to be folded into 4 random teams.

1st opening day is the 1st day of the new year starting at 0000.

Screens for the first round will be due by 0000 Monday the 9th Jan. If all teams finish early the next round will begin when the last screen is turned in. So the faster you go the faster we complete the tournament.

Teams have been placed!! check the brackets to see your opponents!!

Last edited:

B3aT

Space Marshal
Dec 2, 2016
RSI Handle
B3aT
Team 10 so far we have

Leader @CrimsonCyclist
Team name: Team Salt (with amazing 2 votes)
A problem: @mindrush is not EU so we can't play together..much

B3aT

Space Marshal
Dec 2, 2016
RSI Handle
B3aT
I'm the only EU member of The Beerjerk Brigade but if that is a problem, how do you intend to fight against US/Canadian or Australian/Asian teams? The Unholy Tournament of TEST Squadron is global :wink:
1 match we can arrange, but having an every day practice is a no go. You compare apples to tomatos :D

Lythan

Vice Admiral
Oct 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Lythan
I'm the only EU member of The Beerjerk Brigade but if that is a problem, how do you intend to fight against US/Canadian or Australian/Asian teams? The Unholy Tournament of TEST Squadron is global :wink:
1 match we can arrange, but having an every day practice is a no go. You compare apples to tomatos :smile:
I think most teams have region diversity.. Just take team shivre: UTC -8, 0, +1, +8 ... We got this! :D

And its a fair point, teams from different regions will fight each other ... So to experience what that is like (lag etc) its good to have a variety on your team, right? guys, right? right? ... WE'RE DOOMED :blush:

If we document the results it may even be worth something to CIG.. latency report of sorts :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
You have team 9 twice. I'm assuming one of them's team 10. I propose our name be DILLIGAF and please someone else be captain, I'm shit at those. I can be the goalie, though.
team 10 was on top. Sorry i put team 9 twice.

Team 10 so far we have

Leader @CrimsonCyclist
Team name: Team Salt (with amazing 2 votes)
thank you ill update today. your team will likely need to fight a team from his time zone and he may be a key part of our team in those fights. every team has people from at least 2 time zones. one team has people from 4 different time zones. is just how it had to be unless we wanted to keep the teams small and exclude people from time zones other than us and eu.

Every team has people from different time zones. this is why we have a week to find that 1 hour that 8 of the 12 players on the teams can play together.

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
Separating time zones is something we can do eventually but we need enough players from all time zones to do it. currently we have a healthy split of time zones. 68.4% of players in this tournament are US time zones. 25% us EU time zones. the other 6.6% is split between asia and australia.

roughly 43 players are US roughly 16 are EU leaving roughly 5 split between asia and EU. That means if we split it between time zones we would only have 3 teams for EU and 1 team for Asia/Ausie which means we wouldn't have a tournament at all lol. If we get enough players from each time zone we can split them and have regional finals then world finals and the like.

Who knows tho maybe after this one no one will participate any more and it will die out lol. I'm willing to take it as far as you guys are willing to let me. If it can become a annual thing in Test Squadron and even have other organizations participating and it eventually become the premier tournament in the PU not run by CIG then that would be pretty cool. But my hopes are we at least finish the first one before everyone quits on me.

Forgot your password?