Upcoming Subscriber Flairs (Updated regularly)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
"Do you come with the plushy?"
"Not like I havn't heard that one twenty times before sir. I understand it's lonely Space side, but that'll be uec39.99 for the Plush or a call to my manager to have you ejected from the store."

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
With the Feb, 2022 Jump Point now available, does anybody know what will be the next Subscriber Flair item yet?

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I might be alone in thinking this, but the suits & helmets remind me of a robotic blend of a gorilla & a giant panda. 1 of them looks borderline TESTified though from the image, although it's probably more of a yellowish orange than a yellow or gold with charcoal grey instead of black. Personally, I'm liking them.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I appreciate the TESTification of the yellow one and they even got the shade right this time, and I'm sure many new backers who never expirianced Sub Flair not being consumable in game will love these and they'll sell better than they ever did when I used to subscribe for the flairs, but unfortunately now they are loseable/consumables it has changed how I approach this type of pledge...

Sadly I just don't have the kind of disposable income to be buying a new armour from the subscriber store every time I loose one in game, especially when it can be as little as 30 seconds between my getting out of the hospital bed, putting my kit on and dying in the elevator.

I know the game isn't finished and not all the mechanics are in to be able to go get my stuff back from whichever part of space my corpse is floating in and yes things like DOASM very much intend to punish players who lose their lives too willingly, but buying kit with physical cash is an option, not a default, and I am now falling back more and more often on the defaults that new players to the game have to live with... This one thing has changed my backing habits more than any amount of Drama, Salt and bad press ever did...

...maybe when all the relevant mechanics are in I'll again see value in sub flair items?

One thing I'm pretty certain of is with all the new backers and fresh cash coming into the project I don't think they'll miss my $10 every time I like the look of a flair item 🙂

Forgot your password?