VANGUARD THIS WEEK! - Maybe

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Oh. Damn. That's kinda pricey. I...I'm still gonna buy it, aren't I?

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
The way the pricing is I really only see 2 ways that the sale goes:

1) The Vanguard is a "sidegrade" to the Super Hornet, more range, durability, better sensors at the expense of speed, agility, and possibly firepower.

It's then overpriced at 250 bones compared to the 175 (?) for the Super Hornet.

2) The Vanguard is pretty much an upgrade over the Super Hornet. Longer range, better durability, better sensors, better weaponry, etc etc.

Then the Super Hornet is pretty much obsolete, since why take a Super Hornet when you can take a ship that can go 3x as far?

Either way, QQ storm incoming. Unless it just blows my socks off, I will be passing on a Vanguard.

Annitias

Minister of Propaganda
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Oct 5, 2014
RSI Handle
Annitias
Even with Ben posting, the vast majority is negative reactions to the pricing. Wonder if there is enough pressure to push it to around 220 vs 250. I could see that as more reasonable.

What size would this have to be vs the super hornet? I'm thinking a good 8m longer at a minimum. So factor that into its agility. Should be fun to watch this one launch.

Regardless of how OP, I doubt I will buy this one.

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
Not going to lie, but I kinda feel bad for Ben when these kinda sales happen and the reaction goes south.

I hope they at least side out a concept picture

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
A concept picture would be nice. I keep on imagining stuff in my head, and I'm pretty sure there's going to be a disconnect when I actually see it.

Nuke

Captain
Nov 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Nuke
for everyone saying that this too much for a fighter, i think this will be much more than a fighter. this feels like the combat quivilent to the MM or Carrack. I'm going to stick to my stock superhornet but i feel like i'm going to end up getting a vanguard in game.

Major Templar

Space Marshal
Sep 6, 2014
RSI Handle
xTemplar
I was interested when I saw Aegis. I'm a sucker for Aegis ships. Then I saw $250 and gagged. Then saw it's only a week from the Tali sale and before the 1st. Sadly this will be a sale I sit out on.

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
For $250, it better be pretty damn awesome for a fighter. Considering it's a long-distance ship, expect it to have living quarters to some degree, similar to the Mustang Beta.

If it looks cool and useful enough, I will be getting one.

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Man, I don't know about putting a two seater fighter, no matter what its range, in the same price bracket as some of the mid-size multicrew ships.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
For $250, it better be pretty damn awesome for a fighter. Considering it's a long-distance ship, expect it to have living quarters to some degree, similar to the Mustang Beta.

If it looks cool and useful enough, I will be getting one.
I do recall it specifically mentioning crew quarters, it is a long-range vessel by design.

edit: actually I'm talking out my nether orifice here, I can't actually find anything to back me up on this. Tempering my enthusiasm a bit.

Last edited:

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
I thought that was a given with a concept sale. Have they done a concept sale without having a concept picture before?
me and my terrible typing, i should have said ' I wish they would give us a concept picture of it now instead of waiting for concept release'

but then again, if they did that then the forums would still keep hyper theory crafting and trolling away

Yex

Space Marshal
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Yex
I do recall it specifically mentioning crew quarters, it is a long-range vessel by design.

edit: actually I'm talking out my nether orifice here, I can't actually find anything to back me up on this. Tempering my enthusiasm a bit.
"Specifically designed to operate from planetary bases and engage targets up to a star system’s distance, the fighter trades some maneuverability for an extended supply of fuel and munitions as well as basic survival accommodations for a pilot and radar operator." -Bulldog stretch goal

You got it right

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
"Specifically designed to operate from planetary bases and engage targets up to a star system’s distance, the fighter trades some maneuverability for an extended supply of fuel and munitions as well as basic survival accommodations for a pilot and radar operator." -Bulldog stretch goal

You got it right
That'll teach me to post whilst drunk.

Haha who I am I kidding no it won't.

Forgot your password?