Vanguard Variants Sale This Week Until Sept 7 - Poll Added!

What is your Guard?

• Vanguard Warden - Jack of all Trades

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • Vanguard Sentinel - Black and Yellow

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Vanguard Harbinger - Rockets Away!

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Esq

Space Marshal
Jan 30, 2015
RSI Handle
Esq
That one... my God.
As of Constellation owner I am already afraid of that bomber.

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
I have a retaliator if I need to bomb something and I'm not really interested in e-war sooooiiiiurffffff I'm ok just with my normal vanguard LTI and a kitchen to party into the derp space.

Also I'm disapointed that the turret doesnt get into the hull like in the concept sale

Last edited:

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
I am looking at it as a mega zoom and boom ship, the 2 crew is nice as well

by the looks of the rocket turret, it won't be able to move around much with the reloader belts in the back, so maybe it will be possible to slave the rockets to the pilot controls

Start your attack run by opening up with all forward guns /rockets, followed by one torpedo just before you change course.

or knowing me, lag out and ram the target TEST style

she is a expensive bird thats for sure

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
I have a retaliator if I need to bomb something and I'm not really interested in e-war sooooiiiiurffffff I'm ok just with my normal vanguard LTI and a kitchen to party into the derp space.

Also I'm disapointed that the turret doesnt get into the hull like in the concept sale

I kinda feel that way with the E war version, I think I would rather use the smaller, dedicated Herald.

I look forward to tomorrows sale information

Randson

Space Marshal
Oct 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Randson
I love the idea of the bomber variant of the Vanguard. Though I'm kinda looking past the "bomber" labeled variant and plan to use the Warden as a bomber instead. I've noticed (kinds snooping around a bit) that a lot of orgs and chats dont associate bombers with ground assaults anymore. Thats why id like to see more A-10 -like fighters out there like the warden. feel that will be amazing for strafing and much mroe efficient on a planetary standing. Fits my ground support piloting style much better ^_^

Designated Drunk

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Designated_Drunk
by the looks of the rocket turret, it won't be able to move around much with the reloader belts in the back, so maybe it will be possible to slave the rockets to the pilot controls
I'm guessing it's a very early concept version - when we got a sneak peek from AtV of the Vanguard before it was unveiled, it was just as crude as this rendition, and not the refined glorious shots we were given when the ship went on sale.

Plus, the idea of a belt-fed rocket pod is really dumb mechanically - rockets can be fired directly from the magazine with no feeding required. Rockets are also much longer than those feed chutes could accommodate. Unless.... Maybe it's a combination rocket pod and chain gun? WE AT THE TORGUE CORPORATION SINCERELY BELIEVE THIS IS F****** AWESOME!

Designated Drunk

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Designated_Drunk
I think the idea is that they are stubby little rockets in an oversized launcher. Doesn't make it any less silly...
Stubby little rockets in an oversize launcher would make sense... if the rockets were kept at the base of the tubes instead of having them poke the nose out of the front, thereby losing all that guidance length to stabilize them!

On the other hand, stubby little rockets make a lot more sense in space than in an atmosphere - you don't need to worry about optimum length/diameter for damping oscillations, since there's no air to act on stabilizing fins. The 'smart rocks' and brilliant pebbles' of 1980s SDI concepts weren't exactly sleek.

Esq

Space Marshal
Jan 30, 2015
RSI Handle
Esq
I might buy, if it is even possible that warden to harbinger upgrade. But not going to use it before I am absolutely sure that this is the vanguard variant which I really want.

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
I am not miltary expert , but I would have figured that the rockets would have been better off, and balanced if the turret had to return back into the ship to reload, then pop back out to start firing again. This would also allow the turret to turn around as well.

Fenrig

Rear Admiral
May 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fenrig
They would make a killing if they let people pay by the hour to operate them at job sites...
My dad operated a heavy-equipment leasing company at one point. He and his partner had access to a gravel pit and they briefly toyed with the idea of renting time by the half-hour for supervised adult-play time in the gravel pit. In the end they figured the insurance (if they could get any) would be so astronomical that there wouldn't be any profit. Either that or they'd have to treat it like skydiving where there is mandatory training first. Just not worth the hassle.

Fenrig

Rear Admiral
May 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fenrig
holy crap, I didn't expect the sale until much later tonight!
Yeah, I snagged a Harby and the Senti parts kit. Less expensive together than I was expecting just the Harby to be, so it was a pleasant surprise.

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
i just grabbed the Harb / senti ships with store credits, I am not really sold on the Sentinel right now, but maybe the E-warfare Q and A on wensday will change that

if there is not much differance in the cockpits, I will just do like you did Fenrig

Gearen

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Gearen
I love my Vanguard Warden LTI

Also don't star with the: OMG THE HARBINGER IS BLACK AND YELLOW, TEST SHIP CONFIRMED ........

No, no no no, bad boy/girl, bad.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?