[Video] - State of the Squardon 36

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
As requested,

The guy videoing from a remote camera on his wing is my coach. This is last week on the Welsh/English border. I did not get as high as him. If any UK based folk want to give this a go PM me or look on the BHPA (British Hand gliding and Paragliding Association website)

RIP Keith Flint of the Prodigy

I am heavily into Far Cry 5 at the moment and there is a mission called the Testie Festie , I will be back when 3.5 drops

View: https://vimeo.com/330062521

Last edited:

Harkonan

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkypoo
Honestly, I think people cheer about the whole "single player" statement because of conditioning. People are conditioned to feel single player games correlate with strong and deep story lines, while multiplayer games have a tendency to have short and shallow single player campaigns. And for the majority, I feel this is correct.

People simply see the "no multiplayer" and instantly think "deep and immersive story line". But the question really should be, why not BOTH? A game with an outstanding story driven single player campaign along with fun multiplayer gameplay that extends the life of the game itself seems like a win/win to me.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
But the question really should be, why not BOTH?
I think it's the difference between the cinema and watching a DVD on your own at home. Yeah, you can get engrossed in the story at either venue, but only the Cinema runs the risk of some dolt kicking the back of your seat over and over or a 7 foot person sitting in front of you and through no fault of their own wasting an hour and a half of your life.

Harkonan

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkypoo
One day someone will design a high level "hyrbid" game that interweaves single player and multiplayer into one full gameplay ... and that game will blow people away.
Imagine a game that requires both to finish ... a game where other peoples choices will effect the world you are exploring, even as it unfolds for you. A truly unique gaming experience every play through thanks to dynamic changes in the world and story by others.

Harkonan

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Harkypoo
After the video, I was actually looking forward to the live stream from Anthem to see what's going on, as I own the game and have yet to play it. Shortly followed by an announcement that the live stream had been delayed a week on twitter. Which ultimately reinforced my reasoning as to why I don't really use Twitter all that much. The outrage is strong .... oof

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Great review. Yeah, I think Jedi Academy was the last of this kind, and I loved that game. I have to say I understand the cheering for single player, because interacting with any other players does tend to break immersion. Almost no one roleplays in group games. So if what you want is something to convince you you're a Jedi for an hour at a time, it would need to be single player. It's that or join a hardcore RP group, and they're not always the most effective players.

I think because there are no skills in SC, when you discuss how to do a thing, you are really talking about doing it, not mimicking it through a game functions, so SC could support a much higher level of immersion in a group dedicated to actual RP. I could be up for that, but needs to start with reasonable handles. No more numbers in your names. No more silly dreadful names like "Reaper" and that ridiculous stuff.

"Hey, Blood Shadow of Merciless Dripping Death, did you put the bon-bons away? They're all over the galley, man."

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
One day someone will design a high level "hyrbid" game that interweaves single player and multiplayer into one full gameplay ... and that game will blow people away.
Imagine a game that requires both to finish ... a game where other peoples choices will effect the world you are exploring, even as it unfolds for you. A truly unique gaming experience every play through thanks to dynamic changes in the world and story by others.

Wait hasn't this already been done and in really hi def and interactive shadows?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
A lot of cooperation is required. Two-player split screen co-op was just that, cooperative play.
What the hell... I wanted a update on how many miles @NaffNaffBobFace had driven since last week. I am disappointed! :wut:
Be disappointing no more, for my cars mileage is now:

Boies.JPG

BOEIS!

Forgot your password?