Welp EA did it with Anthem

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
This. So much this.

Why anyone would waste their time watching that guy be angry is beyond me. People need better stuff to do.

Guys, guess what. You get to choose your reality! It's really quite easy to be a happy, well adjusted human being. One important step is removing toxicity from your lives, and you can do it with really simple choices like: IGNORE ANGRY JOE.

You're welcome. 😁
This. So much this.

People don't get it. We, as humans (or whatever the fuck you are) are drawn to negativity. Why do you think negative news has the highest rating? Why then does more and more news become so nagative? It's a endless loop of despair and depression. (Speaking from experience here.) And you ether fall for it and are dragged down by it, or you don't. Criticism is great, negativity is not.

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
I think we can all agree price gouging is bad, maybe we should all table this for a bit and see what they do with it. At this point I'm more curious than anything. I'm sure it's the topic of many a marketing meeting currently.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I'm actually in favour of skins being sold. They dont effect gameplay. They encourage the publisher to keep investing in bugfixes/ content for a game, since who buys skins for a broken game?
This is just encouraging EA to look at the long support picture, instead of just going ' EH, IT'S FINISHED NOW, NOBODY IS BUYING IT ANYMORE, NO NEED TO FIX IT'

tl:dr - Skins are a nice way to keep it balanced and keep fixes coming.
I don't think it's the skins anyone has an issue with - it's that you can buy 3 for the price of the entire game to use them in. Just seems incredibly unbalanced.

It's basically the equivalent of buying three pairs of underpants for the price of the wardrobe you keep them in.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
So you want to play early? Nono, we don't care that you've preordered the $80 edition. You need to pay $15 for a month of Origin Access Premier.
Here, we'll toss in a Founder Player Banner for preordering. Ooooh, you want the Legion of Dawn Legendary armor packs? No, not with the standard edition, you silly; you need to preorder the $80 one. Gotta catch'em all!
Okay, now that you're $95 in to get everything available before the game even launched, you can continue shelling cash in increments on 20.

Okay, I'm just being an ass now.
If everything goes well this weekend with the open demo, I'll give the game a chance and get 1 month of Premier Access.

Last edited:

Phil

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Bacraut
So you want to play early? Nono, we don't care that you've preordered the $80 edition. You need to pay $15 for a month of Origin Access Premier.
Here, we'll toss in a Founder Player Banner for preordering. Ooooh, you want the Legion of Dawn Legendary armor packs? No, not with the standard edition, you silly; you need to preorder the $80 one. Gotta catch'em all!
Okay, now that you're $95 in to get everything available before the game even launched, you can continue shelling cash in increments on 20.

If everything goes well this weekend with the open demo, I'll give the game a chance and get 1 month of Premier Access.

I don't disagree with anything you guys have said with pre purchase, in game purchases, pay to win, cosmetic etc... I 100% agree I hate the stuff, especially anything pre-game release because it gives the companies $$ before many people can even determine the quality of the game. That being said I had a lot of fun, this game is right up my ally and I am going to play it and have fun for a few months or at least until D2 comes out, does that mean EA is good or bad? Not really, I don't care anymore because unless the entire gaming community says no to these types of pre game or in game sales my one little voice or a few hundred or even thousands voices just aren't enough to change the standards, it would literally take a majority to even make a dent in their pocket books to change this standard unfortunately.

Now on the whole Angry Joe topic, look I watched both video's and its pretty clear the 2nd guy is bias, he said he was flown out there to play the game, he loves the game and I don't blame him I had a lot of fun as well, but Angry Joe isn't necessarily wrong either, we have all played a dozen if not more EA games that have in game purchasing and we can all guess how much those shards are going to cost, its usually the same in every game. Angry Joe made his mark with his screaming and yelling video's which I actually enjoy it makes me laugh, I also know he does a lot of research and he gets early access to the games as well and he usually finishes a lot of them his angry reviews sometimes last 45 minutes and are extremely detailed so I disagree when people say he is full of shit and doesn't do his reviews I actually agree with many of them and I understand his personality doesn't appeal to everyone just like the other guys video was boring and bland to me but it doesn't mean he was wrong or doesn't do his reviews well either I found it very detailed and learned a lot of stuff from his video its just two different styles.

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist

I doubt things will be flawless for this weekend's demo. I expect more issues as they have increased the number of players since last weekend.

Also, I'm pretty sure you can get a 1 month free trial of the premier access. Get it, get your free days of early access, then cancel premier before it bills you.

Reactions: DirectorGunner

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I doubt things will be flawless for this weekend's demo. I expect more issues as they have increased the number of players since last weekend.

Also, I'm pretty sure you can get a 1 month free trial of the premier access. Get it, get your free days of early access, then cancel premier before it bills you.
PSA: If you want to play Anthem early (on Feb 15th) by using Origin Access Premier, you need to have subscribed by February 1st. So you need to have the subscription active on Feb 1st.
If you subscribe on Feb 2nd, you will not have early access to Anthem. Someone on reddit discovered this somewhere in the fine print and it's YET ANOTHER shady-ass move by EA...
I know this thread became a back and forth, but it's getting harder and harder to have a positive attitude towards EA.

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
I really hope this weekend we see some things changed after feedback from the open side, granted that is high wishing, but we may never know. I for one am still on the fence on this game and mtx are making it less likely I will get it as that can set a bad precedent. How much control Bioware has over all of this is still unclear since I doubt they have much marketing control, the same can be seen with many of the new games published by Activision as well.

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Does anyone else realize.. that all this arguing and stuff keeps the game in the mind of the public that hear about it.. and all that really does is remind people about the game possibly enough to encourage them to try Origin premiere or Buy it or trade some old games in for it if they play on consoles. The saying there's no such thing as bad marketing... well.. on some level.. maybe we're all being manipulated unawares.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Does anyone else realize.. that all this arguing and stuff keeps the game in the mind of the public that hear about it.. and all that really does is remind people about the game possibly enough to encourage them to try Origin premiere or Buy it or trade some old games in for it if they play on consoles. The saying there's no such thing as bad marketing... well.. on some level.. maybe we're all being manipulated unawares.

Forgot your password?