Whats your favorite ship change?

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I would call that a pretty ship, but it looks wonderfully vicious & aggressive. Based on the paint scheme on it here in this image, it is almost like they had imagined the fighters of TEST Squadron in mind as a TEST Skin would look fantastic on this design. At this point, I would look forward to this ship getting a concept sale sooner than later to add it to my fleet as well. :slight_smile:
Actually @RiceMaiden did the skin

Reactions: Talonsbane

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Favorite Ship change?
The Freelancer gets a second shield and second computer. Add in the ability to add a blade to a computer to run a turret, and the Lancer got more survivable.

Least favorite ship changes
The Freelancer MIS doesn't list the ability to remove the missile racks for cargo space.
The ship I was looking at to replace my Freelancer had its 3 pilot controlled remote turrets turned into 2 fixed guns and 2 manned turrets, plus it lost its cargo capacity. (The Redeemer) Though who really knows what is going to happen with that ship. LOL.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
lasers + glass = okay
lasers + eyeballs = not okay
So they make the cockpit glass out of the glass they make the laser protective goggles out of. Sorted.

Or for a laser proof ship, make the whole ship out of that glass. Won't be very good with ballistics, but it'd never have an issue with lasers You could put a cannon on the front and make that out of glass, too.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
So they make the cockpit glass out of the glass they make the laser protective goggles out of. Sorted.

Or for a laser proof ship, make the whole ship out of that glass. Won't be very good with ballistics, but it'd never have an issue with lasers You could put a cannon on the front and make that out of glass, too.
lol laser goggles tend to be pretty dark, not going to be able to see much other than lasers and the sun.

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
I dunno where you went to school (probably texas, it shows), but lasers can go through glass....

:P
If thats true, what to they make the goggles you have to wear as eye protection when working with lasers?
To get back offtopic
It totally depends on the laser you're using. Different type of laser emit different types of wavelength and this means they interact with different kind of materials.
For example: CO2 Laser are good at cutting plastic but not very good at cutting metal. While ND:YAG is very good at cutting metal. Most laser glasses are made of plastics because of their natural absorbtion in the UV spectrum. (While glass has almost none in the UV-light)

BTT: the gladius und lancer thing

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
To get back offtopic
It totally depends on the laser you're using. Different type of laser emit different types of wavelength and this means they interact with different kind of materials.
For example: CO2 Laser are good at cutting plastic but not very good at cutting metal. While ND:YAG is very good at cutting metal. Most laser glasses are made of plastics because of their natural absorbtion in the UV spectrum. (While glass has almost none in the UV-light)

BTT: the gladius und lancer thing
thats more or less what i was trying to say. :P

By the way, who here knew that LASER was actually an acronym?
Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation

2fat

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
2fat
Merchantman grew a bit to 160 m and has 4 size 6 weapon mounts and a turret with 2 size 5's (but the cargo capacity was reduced by almost 1500 scu)

Phantomoftruth

Space Marshal
Feb 14, 2016
RSI Handle
PhantomofTruth
remaining off-topic,
I knew the Acronym. I also recognize that for all the bluster of the Republic of Texas, it's just a rogue province of Mexico the Union appropriated.
/side-snark

back on topic,
I'd like the Cutlass to be my favorite, I'm curious how it flies now.
I'd like the "machine" to be better than on-paper.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
...I also recognize that for all the bluster of the Republic of Texas, it's just a rogue province of Mexico the Union appropriated.
/side-snark ...
I heard Trump is giving Texas back to Mexico, and they're going to call it Baja Oklahoma

Forgot your password?