Which will be your home system?

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I hear you on that one - based upon current indications of what the systems are actually about do any take your fancy as potentials?

How about Cathcart with no planets at all but there is a galactic junkyard centuries old and the Spider superstructure colony?

Maybe Min System which isn't a system, it's a Rouge Planet which has somehow captured some Jump Points on its journey through the void?

Or Eylisium which was the Tevarin home system before their defeat and the transforming of their planet drastically changing it to a human comfortable atmosphere and eradicating much of the planet's original ecosystem, arguably an injustice on the scale of Garron 2 which saw the fall of the Messer lineage?

There's a whole lotta space out there.
I'll probably park the ships in a high security system then use the Liberator to move our Hawks to a satellite base where there are plenty of choices for Bounties. For example, Terra and Hurston.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I havent thought properly about this yet. I gravitate towards microtec currently but I might go hang with the Banu in the full game. My BMM has been in the family ever since my great great grand pappy won it off a banu chick in an arm wrestle at a banu strip club. They should respect me embracing their traditions. Family family family. And my test family comes a close second of course!

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
(written by Joss Whedon, performed by Sonny Rhodes)

Take my love, take my land,
Take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free,
You can't take the sky from me.

Take me out to the black,
Tell them I ain't coming back.
Burn the land and boil the sea,

There's no place, I can be,
Since I've found Serenity.

And you can't take the sky from me.

source: https://www.lyricsondemand.com/tvthemes/fireflylyrics.html

This about says it.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
(written by Joss Whedon, performed by Sonny Rhodes)

Take my love, take my land,
Take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free,

Take me out to the black,
Tell them I ain't coming back.
Burn the land and boil the sea,

There's no place, I can be,
Since I've found Serenity.

And you can't take the sky from me.

source: https://www.lyricsondemand.com/tvthemes/fireflylyrics.html

This about says it.
That was a nice Flashback.. FIREFLY such a great series.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
You realize that some Guy called Arnold might Terminate you for that comment, right? :o7:
I get the feeling that was a skiing reference that's swoooooshed me by :-D

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I havent thought properly about this yet. I gravitate towards microtec currently but I might go hang with the Banu in the full game. My BMM has been in the family ever since my great great grand pappy won it off a banu chick in an arm wrestle at a banu strip club. They should respect me embracing their traditions. Family family family. And my test family comes a close second of course!
Seems TEST might have a good representation with the Banu, Microtech is a nice place though, hopefully good for fishing rivers on the equator I hear...?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
My character hasn’t thought through that far. He’s in blind bloodlust from the murder of his mother and sister. For myself, I think making his ship his home and exploring the verse full time makes sense. I don’t see a reason for roots when there’s so much to see.
Sounds like the kind of backstory which won't let the war go without a fight. Would they be keen to keep up aggression even in peacetime and eventually be fighting the Vandu'ul and the parts of the UEE that don't agree with their viewpoint? That might force a system best able to defend against the Empire while attacking the Vandu'ul, imagining that scenario where do you think he'd wind up...?

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Given the nature of the Banu to trade with pretty much everybody of each intelligent species, I wonder what sorts of alcohol they'll have access to trading. This being said, imagine the interstellar pub crawl that might someday happen at TEST parties as the challengers enjoy the best booze from system to system 1 round after another, last person "standing" gets bragging rights & some sort of reward that they'll celebrate initially, until they sober up & realize that it's a "white elephant" gift.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Got some good friends in Bremen so I'll probably crash there a lot.
The again, I crash where ever I go.
Might have been Bremen.
Maybe I can tell once the fire burns down...
Also I might need a better database on local beers, spirits and cheeses before I decide my final resting place.
So you'll probably find me charting remote spaces in untravelled territory most likely.
You know, like the salad buffet at "Wally's All you can gobble for a dime" Bar and Grill on Uriel (Oberon II).
Or the public welfare soup kitchen on any world conquered by the Vanduul.
Basically I plan to get lost.
But with gusto.
Oooh, Bremen? Had a read up on that place what an interesting history, and home of Consolidated Outland, very nice.

And going walkabout, good plan. To slightly misquote a comic I once read: Where did they go? Out. What did they do? Everything.

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
I get the feeling that was a skiing reference that's swoooooshed me by :-D
Naaaa... that swooshing sound was the phase coordinated plasma rifle in the 40 MW range missing your earlobe by a hair.

As for the skiing reference.
Tyrol (SC) no skiing (too damn hot)
~But~
Tirol (in Alps / Austria) good skiing (so Winter is coming)
=>
Schwarzenegger ( Austrian Hollywood Export Nr.1) Pop-cult reference.

?? Do you want to know more ??
=> Jagertee

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Naaaa... that swooshing sound was the phase coordinated plasma rifle in the 40 MW range missing your earlobe by a hair.

As for the skiing reference.
Tyrol (SC) no skiing (too damn hot)
~But~
Tirol (in Alps / Austria) good skiing (so Winter is coming)
=>
Schwarzenegger ( Austrian Hollywood Export Nr.1) Pop-cult reference.

?? Do you want to know more ??
=> Jagertee
Ahhh, I was wondering where the smell of singed ear hair was coming from :glorious:

Mudhawk

Rear Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
That might force a system best able to defend against the Empire while attacking the Vandu'ul, imagining that scenario where do you think he'd wind up...?
Between Scyla and Charybdis.
Rock & Hard Place as a close second.
Escher or some place like that in the long run.
IF they manage to take him alive...

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Sounds like the kind of backstory which won't let the war go without a fight. Would they be keen to keep up aggression even in peacetime and eventually be fighting the Vandu'ul and the parts of the UEE that don't agree with their viewpoint? That might force a system best able to defend against the Empire while attacking the Vandu'ul, imagining that scenario where do you think he'd wind up...?
I think he’d wind up sacrificing himself to save others. Much better to go out in a blaze of glory than to survive the war a mess and have all motivation swept away. He’s not crazy enough to fight without a war, and he’s not healthy enough to find his proper place without a war. If the war ends before he does I could imagine him moldering away captaining an explorer craft, much like Captain Quint the shark hunter in Jaws. Some hatred outlives the hater with a life of its own.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I think he’d wind up sacrificing himself to save others. Much better to go out in a blaze of glory than to survive the war a mess and have all motivation swept away. He’s not crazy enough to fight without a war, and he’s not healthy enough to find his proper place without a war. If the war ends before he does I could imagine him moldering away captaining an explorer craft, much like Captain Quint the shark hunter in Jaws. Some hatred outlives the hater with a life of its own.
I was wondering if enough people who didn't want to let go of the war got together in the same place there would be another Xeno Threat type situation but in reverse :-)

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
I was wondering if enough people who didn't want to let go of the war got together in the same place there would be another Xeno Threat type situation but in reverse :-)
Operation Pitchfork!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Operation Pitchfork!
Now there is a good question for another thread, where on the Front would Pitchfork be most likely to break through...?

Actually I'll start one now.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper

Forgot your password?