Whoooaaaa, we're halfway there!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Yep. You would be surprised. I don't count companies that have already published a game, so things like Elite etc aren't counted. In mid 2017, I pared down my personal list from 21 to 3 games that were worth following. Star Citizen as one, and since it was still 2.6 or whatever... was not the leader. It is now.
Edit: talking about my personal list, for what I want to see in a game.
So what are the other 2?
What is an electrician's favorite ice cream?
Popsicle?
Tiger?
Chocolate?
Raspberry?
Neapolitan?
Bubblegum?

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
Can we just circle back to the mental image of young Mr. @Vavrik in a nappy and marvel at how horrifying that really is?

I mean, when he’s bashing out a snappy reply is that speed largely because he needs changing so needs to react quickly?

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Can we just circle back to the mental image of young Mr. @Vavrik in a nappy and marvel at how horrifying that really is?

I mean, when he’s bashing out a snappy reply is that speed largely because he needs changing so needs to react quickly?
lmao. It really would be horrifying. My legs make "white" look like dark brown. But if I was totally honest, you're closer than you know. How's that for a riddle?

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
So what are the other 2?
I was wrong about 21 games, it was 23. In this post: https://testsquadron.com/threads/3-0-schedule-update-291bugs-tasks.11945/page-2#post-218020
at the very bottom of the long ass page is this:
  • Infinity: Battlescape, the oldest of the 23, which may actually have been the inspiration for most of the others, including both SC and ED. It started first, or close to first - in 2010, and has been at least floating around since 2004. Small team, not very effective at marketing has been the biggest problem for them. (Also seems to be progression related)
  • Dual Universe, which is a bit of a late bloomer although the project lead says it was thought of in 2011. They don't have a playable alpha most of the time yet. What they do is periodically invite their Gold backers to a short alpha test, and every so often they have a "playable weekend". (also seems to be sandbox model)
Guy who wrote that was a genius.
... Hey it was worth a try!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I was wrong about 21 games, it was 23. In this post: https://testsquadron.com/threads/3-0-schedule-update-291bugs-tasks.11945/page-2#post-218020
at the very bottom of the long ass page is this:
  • Infinity: Battlescape, the oldest of the 23, which may actually have been the inspiration for most of the others, including both SC and ED. It started first, or close to first - in 2010, and has been at least floating around since 2004. Small team, not very effective at marketing has been the biggest problem for them. (Also seems to be progression related)
  • Dual Universe, which is a bit of a late bloomer although the project lead says it was thought of in 2011. They don't have a playable alpha most of the time yet. What they do is periodically invite their Gold backers to a short alpha test, and every so often they have a "playable weekend". (also seems to be sandbox model)
Guy who wrote that was a genius.
... Hey it was worth a try!
Interesting. Dual Universe I'd heard of. But not Infinity. I'll have to check them out.

Reactions: Bambooza and Vavrik

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Keep in mind, these two games, plus Star Citizen have elements in them that I think would combine to make a fantastic space exploration, economy and combat game. None of them have all 3 parts. No CIG does not have the right idea yet, but they're kind of beating around the area they need to be.

But haven't hit it yet. I may be a little pissy, because I just checked out the current 3.5 PTU build, the one released a few hours ago. I seriously hope they have a build they're hiding from us, because what I logged into tonight is a piece of dogshit.

Forgot your password?