Who's buying a Caterpillar?!

Jake Skyrunner

Commander
Jun 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Jake Skyrunner
I would keep the starfarer, like you say it has a unique ability.... I believe that trading with the starfarer will get you enough funds pretty fast to get the caterpillar....

However, if you are thinking about changing the starfarer for the caterpillar, the thing that worries me, is the under equipped defences of the caterpillar. But like with all early ships, things change... at it's present incarnation of the caterpillar, I would say no and keep the starfarer....

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
You save $15
There is that. My Cat I originally bought had taken a unusual upgrade path, and so was actually cheaper than the combo.
I still melted and bought the combo. I wanted the combo. I needed the combo. Cost me 15 extra, but it was worth it. Right? RIGHT?!?
ftw...yes, for sure REALLY! :D
Haha, I thought he already owned a Cat.
Yes REALLY. Listen to us.

I'm confusing myself even. ;)

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
So I appreciate that "they" have put in a lot of work on the caterpillar but I am little sceptical it has been put up for sale again just before hanger ready (not in line with usual practise), when we do not know module prices. I mean sure you can have it as a hauler without modules no doubt or I suppose just buy a dragonfly for LTI and decide later but without modules it is just a hull B.

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
Just melted my Gemini (melt value 240) and CCUd a Dragonfly to a Caterpillar.
Potentially wasted 100$ free money on the gemini CCU value but I reckon the Caterpillar will get more expensive too so whatever.

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
Well pretty sure carrack is next if you like big explorers. At least with the starfarer actually out you have an idea of what you gave up!

With the buyback system this way you are just keeping your options open rather than your wallet!

Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
So I appreciate that "they" have put in a lot of work on the caterpillar but I am little sceptical it has been put up for sale again just before hanger ready (not in line with usual practise), when we do not know module prices. I mean sure you can have it as a hauler without modules no doubt or I suppose just buy a dragonfly for LTI and decide later but without modules it is just a hull B.
I have no doubt they're working on the modules as we speak.

Reactions: Grimbli

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Potentially wasted 100$ free money on the gemini CCU value but I reckon the Caterpillar will get more expensive too so whatever.
I thankfully had enough other ships to melt that I didn't have to sacrifice my Gemini. I'm still holding onto that beast.

Reactions: Grimbli

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
I thankfully had enough other ships to melt that I didn't have to sacrifice my Gemini. I'm still holding onto that beast.
I cry a little when I hear people melting Starfarers...

Helped so many get the Gs that I feel invested in their ships lol

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
You're too good to me...*sniff* I'm gonna cry again. :D
You're going to cry, then I'm going to cry, then we're all going to start crying. o

If anything does happen to her, it will happen up. She will grow into something more. Your hard work will not go to waste. I swear it.

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
I cry a little when I hear people melting Starfarers...

Helped so many get the Gs that I feel invested in their ships lol
Sorry man , the modularity won since I dont know wtf to do when the game goes live :) Good to have options!

Reactions: Blind Owl

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I'm hoping the Cat eventually gets a fuel tanker module (with a small fuel boom for refueling fighters- CIG plz?).

Obviously even a Cat loaded up with 5 fuel tanks will be inferior to the Starfarer, but that's the price you pay for being able to swap modules!

Seriously though, 1 cargo module for carrying 3 Dragonflies, 2 cargo modules for hauling loot, 1 fuel tank, and a salvage/chop shop/light repair module and oh baby we got a great support ship for any kind of fleet you could imagine!

Forgot your password?