Why are ships so hard? (this may be a shitpost)

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
The BMM is just a trading ship i.e. cargo hauler. (Ducks). The Universe seems to have loads of combat ships and loads of explorers but not enough prey at least looking at what people own. I am therefore not suprised about the lack of an increase for such vessels. The starfarer is close to an exception but grew massively.

There will be one cargo ship 6 pirates after it and 6 bounty hunters after the pirates, then probably one reclaimer to pick up the mess of the cargo ship. It is where I think all the NPCs will be providing targets.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
The BMM is just a trading ship i.e. cargo hauler. (Ducks). The Universe seems to have loads of combat ships and loads of explorers but not enough prey at least looking at what people own. I am therefore not suprised about the lack of an increase for such vessels. The starfarer is close to an exception but grew massively.

There will be one cargo ship 6 pirates after it and 6 bounty hunters after the pirates, then probably one reclaimer to pick up the mess of the cargo ship. It is where I think all the NPCs will be providing targets.
t4NpfCT.jpg

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Thats the reason for my "buying CCU, melting CCU"-strategy. Doesn't cost any (moar) money, and I'm having the freedom to rebuy the limited ships at a time my banking accounts gives "green to go".
Haha, me too Sam. Unfortunately started at 2300hrs EST, so have to wait for that time every night to melt and buy my next batch. FFfuuuuuuuuuuuuu. hahaha

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Redundancy cut and paste:

Holy shit. I need input.
So I'll ask you rocket surgeons.

I have a Bucky. I love my Bucky. I WANT my Bucky. BUT, she's a glass cannon, and I'm a tanky fighter. So, do I upgrade her? If so, to what?
SH?
Wildfire?
Sabre?

I already have a Harbinger with all BUKs, so whatever I get will compliment this.

Why are ships so hard?

Reactions: StdDev and A.Santos

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Reasons? It's the best all rounder.

Great firepower
Reasonable Shields
Great hull tank
Good handling.

As a side benefit over the other fighters, carry a friend in the back, and you have a lot of versatility with the Ball turret slot that other fighters don't have.
Fit a big box crate? Carry some high value cargo in safety.
Fit a Turret? let a friend do some boom booms.
Fit a flashfire and big fixed weapon? Who needs a friend when you can make all the boom booms yourself.

And that's just currently. Imagine at lunch we may have many other options to go on these mounts, EMP? Missiles? Scanners? Tractor beam? None of that the sabre can have, or the buccaneer, etc etc

There is my reasoning.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Reasons? It's the best all rounder.

Great firepower
Reasonable Shields
Great hull tank
Good handling.

As a side benefit over the other fighters, carry a friend in the back, and you have a lot of versatility with the Ball turret slot that other fighters don't have.
Fit a big box crate? Carry some high value cargo in safety.
Fit a Turret? let a friend do some boom booms.
Fit a flashfire and big fixed weapon? Who needs a friend when you can make all the boom booms yourself.

And that's just currently. Imagine at lunch we may have many other options to go on these mounts, EMP? Missiles? Scanners? Tractor beam? None of that the sabre can have, or the buccaneer, etc etc

There is my reasoning.
Versatility. Which is huge for me. I originally hated the hornet, and loved the Sabre. After flying both I started falling for the hornet and drifting away from my beloved Sabre.
The reasonn was exactly what you've just stated. I can modify it so many different ways. And I love that.

Thanks for the breakdown.

Reactions: StdDev and BUTUZ
Forgot your password?