Why are ships so hard? (this may be a shitpost)

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Isnt it a bit like not being able to mount while in combat in WoW. Get far enough with cruise to quantum leap, then quickly setup a jump

Just being able to QL whenever would be a stupid system imo
Never ever played wow or ever will, :blush:

But doing a blind quantum jump is realy dangerous and it should be, all jump engine should have the posability to do a emidiate blind jump if there is fuel for it. BUT a big but....

Doing so can put you in an asteroid, debris, a moon or planet, crash in to another unexpecting user on his daly cargo rute..
Maby doing blind jump without preparation for the jump would take out your quantum or jumpdrive and part of your system for a couple min before all is online again. That would prevent people to misuse it and just doing so if it was the last and only way to get away from a attacker..

I think it should be some what trick to jump off or doing a quantum leap, it need a secure router even for a blind jump..
So a prep time is needed IMO quantum leap not so long prep, but a jump should take longer to prep, rather than have it not work at all because you're under attack .-.

In short leave it up to the user, if a user want to blow out his drive function a couple min and some other system ofline for a min or two from a unpreped quantumleap or jump to get away and maby dying doing so. Just let them do it their life their ship, but there should be consequences doing so.
Don't see why not!

But it is just IMO :alien: :joy:

Last edited:

Hadron Xon

Space Marshal
Jan 18, 2016
RSI Handle
Hadron_Xon
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 24th – EXOTIC MANUFACTURERS & AVENGER TITAN RENEGADE

step one - Melt all my shit
step two - Buy BMM
step three- CCU to TITAN RENEGADE
step four - Black out from eating so much
step five - repeat step 1 for
GRAND FINALE.

Its not really about the ships, its about going through the ritual of min -maxing fleet composition for the 100th time.

Last edited:

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666

Cool-Hand-Luke

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Cool-Hand-Luke
To reply to the post title. Ships are hard cuz we rub them too much
Should I pick up another BMM to sell in game for operating capital? I'm going to open this bottle of wine.. work on making Thanksgiving dinner and think about it... I have a few hours and a few more bottles of wine to help with my decision making.. cheers
Don't take me wrong... Nothing against the BMM. But if you have a big fancy ship with big fancy dreams of cargo hauling or exploring the outer reaches of space.... Your going to need some serious operating capital. And the BMM that could double in price before game release and quadruple again within the game. Assuming it could be sold for in game currency.... Would be an excellent investment in obtaining a large amount of operating capital quickly....

OK... Got to check on the turkey and refill my glass... Cheers

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Doing so can put you in an asteroid, debris, a moon or planet, crash in to another unexpecting user on his daly cargo rute..
I think that empty space will be more available than solid objects which would kill you. You always will have Murphys Law, but Murphy has to fight against huge odds to let you bump into something solid :blush:
The risk of a blind jump would be more safe any other option.

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
I just got an ship upgrade to a BMM , if I don't apply it to my account during the sale will i lose the price at 250 $ for the upgrade ? What i am asking is can i just keep the CCU upgrade in my hanger until i am ready to use it ? Is there a time limit in which i can ?
I've never heard of that. I screwed up and CCUed an Aurora to an LTI Dragonfly(thereby losing the LTI), now it just sits in my hangar, a monument to my stupidity. I think there IS a statement saying that all upgrades must be applied before the end of the beta testing though, so you've only got about a decade. Better hurry!

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
Having not been through an annual sale before, there are lots of ships that could be a nice addition to the fleet but obviously cannot afford them all. It is like being in a sweet shop and it is quite hard deciding what will be interesting to play! I would like to add the Genesis but will it be Pan Am for me or Ryanair.

Forgot your password?