Will there be a new concept sale next Thursday?

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
I thought you'd enjoy it, it has 100% more pictures than my original post :slight_smile:

If you find reading long text an issue (boring text or otherwise), you may have scotopic sensitivity, sometimes known as Irlen Syndrome like what I do. I had a few hours of tests 'n shit and ended up with some lavender tinted glasses, and tadaaaa i'm not not falling asleep when i'm reading. I recommend it.

I'm being a mine of information in this thread, i'm beginning to worry myself.
I actually do have some issues with reading i get super tired after just a page or 2 not sure why eventually ill pass out

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I don't know what you guys are talking about. He clearly said Battlecruiser.

(Disclaimer: The mind hears what it wants to hear)
I know that I've slept since then, but I'm remembering him saying something more along the lines of "Glory to @Montoya & those lovable lunatics of TEST Squadron." Then again, I could easily be wrong about that & it could've just been a dream. Cheers either way!

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I actually do have some issues with reading i get super tired after just a page or 2 not sure why eventually ill pass out
Yep, I used to get that. Do you ever get the thing where you'll be reading along and suddenly you'll realise you haven't absorbed the last page? So you go back and reread it and you read another couple of pages and then you realise again you just haven't taken it in...

Basically two pages forward, one page back.

I used to get it a lot - and by a lot I mean all the time, thats just the way I was. They said I just wasn't someone who reads, they said I just didn't have the concentration for it - thick books could take me weeks of effort to get through, something like IT took ages and I never finished The Last Stand (hardly got past the chunky sirloin soup).

One day I bought an old Richard Bachman (Steven Kings alias) book, The Running Man (I loved the film), from a second hand book stall in a market. I got through it in a day and a half. No tiredness, no reading two pages then having to go back one page and over and over, no passing out randomly... I just read it all in one go.

At that point I realised something was actually an issue other than i being a Dumf. How could I read this story in a day when other just as interesting novels took weeks?

It was the age of the book - the pages had yellowed and were mustardy rather than white.

Wasn't until I went back to higher education I got some actual Psychological evaluation and it was detected. I recommend finding out about scotopic sensitivity, it could just change a big part of your life.

EDIT - Oh, and another useful symptom if you have noticed this: Do you find you see better in the dark than most people you know? As in you'll be sat on the sofa on an evening and someone turns the lights on or asks you to turn the lights on and you are rarely the one to turn on the lights before someone else does or says?

Last edited:

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
yeah you nailed it pretty hard i even pass out while focusing on bluprints at work i have to drink massive ammounts of coffee or tea to keep me going. i distract myself on purpose walk away from the book or document reading it in quick blerbs. i read short news articles or articles that have alot of pictures as they help rejuvenate me.
Yep, I used to get that. Do you ever get the thing where you'll be reading along and suddenly you'll realise you haven't absorbed the last page? So you go back and reread it and you read another couple of pages and then you realise again you just haven't taken it in...

Basically two pages forward, one page back.

I used to get it a lot - and by a lot I mean all the time, thats just the way I was. They said I just wasn't someone who reads, they said I just didn't have the concentration for it - thick books could take me weeks of effort to get through, something like IT took ages and I never finished The Last Stand (hardly got past the chunky sirloin soup).

One day I bought an old Richard Bachman (Steven Kings alias) book, The Running Man (I loved the film), from a second hand book stall in a market. I got through it in a day and a half. No tiredness, no reading two pages then having to go back one page and over and over, no passing out randomly... I just read it all in one go.

At that point I realised something was actually an issue other than i being a Dumf. How could I read this story in a day when other just as interesting novels took weeks?

It was the age of the book - the pages had yellowed and were mustardy rather than white.

Wasn't until I went back to higher education I got some actual Psychological evaluation and it was detected. I recommend finding out about scotopic sensitivity, it could just change a big part of your life.

EDIT - Oh, and another useful symptom if you have noticed this: Do you find you see better in the dark than most people you know? As in you'll be sat on the sofa on an evening and someone turns the lights on or asks you to turn the lights on and you are rarely the one to turn on the lights before someone else does or says?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
yeah you nailed it pretty hard i even pass out while focusing on bluprints at work i have to drink massive ammounts of coffee or tea to keep me going. i distract myself on purpose walk away from the book or document reading it in quick blerbs. i read short news articles or articles that have alot of pictures as they help rejuvenate me.
I had a test in person for what colour filter would work best for me, basically I had to read text over and over with different colour filters and they gaged my speed and how much i remembered - it's that simple if you have it you get faster and more efficient with the right filter just like that *Clicks fingers* because your brain isn't using excessive amounts of resources processing the visuals coming form your eyes with the right filter (hence the fatigue, thats whats causing it).

The aim with the colours is to reduce the contrast between text and background on the page. We found my best color filter is Lavender which makes me look like a hippy when i'm wearing my glasses but hey at least it's not pink. I don't have a prescription for glasses so they are literally just coloured lenses. They recommend you don't go out right away and get glasses as they are fairly pricey to get in the exact colour you want, they recommend using acetate sheets first as your colour can change a few shades in the first few weeks of using. Or thats what I was told.

If you're interested and don't want to spend loads of money on tests and things, get a box of chocolates with coloured plastic transparent wrappers and experiment. It's not perfect as the shades will likely not be spot-on but if you find the green wrappers get you through a few pages with no tiredness and you can remember all you read you've likely found your answer, and you have a box of chocolates to enjoy.

If it turns out this helps, colour filters are the remedy but not the cure. If I don't use my filter its right back to snoozeland. Helpful at bedtime - a few pages and i'm spark-out!

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Debating whether or not I should melt my Pioneer.
Depends, what are you planning on using the credits for?

For your own particular needs as an Orion Owner a base builder may be handy for making forward operating bases for your mining operations.

SullyQuindarius

Admiral
Dec 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SullyQuindarius
Debating whether or not I should melt my Pioneer.
DON'T DO IT! I need you to build me a smuggler's hideout hidden in a cloud in Crusader!

I've been reshuffling my fleet too. I traded off my Cutlass Red for the rest of the rare CCUs I need for my fleet, and the Prospector was melted down. I decided to go with an Anvil Hawk as my light fighter/BH ship. Now the question is, do I keep the Stalker or do I trade it for a Titan? Hmmm... I keep it and get those cool moveable prisoner pods, or I trade and get an extra $10 towards the next sale... Looks like Titan it is!

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza

Hero9012

Space Marshal
Dec 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Hero9012
Girlfriend "How did you forget Valentines day??"

Me"See, I really didn't forget it"

Girlfriend "So why didn't you get me anything"

Me" Mentions concept sale"

Also Me" Now single February 14, 2018, I like long walks on the beach with alcohol in my hand"

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Girlfriend "How did you forget Valentines day??"

Me"See, I really didn't forget it"

Girlfriend "So why didn't you get me anything"

Me" Mentions concept sale"

Also Me" Now single February 14, 2018, I like long walks on the beach with alcohol in my hand"
See, if CIG had a Valentines sale this year you would not have forgotten.

Forgot your password?