Security Yellow Jackets and the future of comms in battle, brainstorming!

Feb 8, 2018
RSI Handle
seriousseriouspunch
“The Funky Chicken” involuntary movements that happen when the esp pulls your ship

“G-LOC” loss of consciousness

“Spiked” indication of a missile threat

“Buster” Direction to go as fast as possible.

“Bug” Exit a dogfight rapidly.

“Blind” Wingman not in sight.

“Bogey” An unknown radar contact.

“Bandit” A known bad guy.

“visual” means friendly in sight

“Tally” Enemy in sight (“Wingnuts tally two bandits, four o’clock low.”)

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
“The Funky Chicken” involuntary movements that happen when the esp pulls your ship

“G-LOC” loss of consciousness

“Spiked” indication of a missile threat

“Buster” Direction to go as fast as possible.

“Bug” Exit a dogfight rapidly.

“Blind” Wingman not in sight.

“Bogey” An unknown radar contact.

“Bandit” A known bad guy.

“visual” means friendly in sight

“Tally” Enemy in sight (“Wingnuts tally two bandits, four o’clock low.”)
I found a bug in brevity. Blind and visual are not only on friendly. They are general, for all sorts of targets. If you must find a way point, bogey, bandit or friendly, then you can have a visual or a blind 🤷‍♂️

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
I found a bug in brevity. Blind and visual are not only on friendly. They are general, for all sorts of targets. If you must find a way point, bogey, bandit or friendly, then you can have a visual or a blind 🤷‍♂️
Yeah! that is correct and there is some confusion I hear many also mix Army brevity with Navy which are similar but have some differences... and make things very confusing!

And SHiP as in space ships is NAVY as such we should stick with and focus on the use of Navy brevity and not Army

CHEERS! 🍻

And a side note: FOX 1 don't mean you fire first missile FOX 2 don't mean you fire second missile when I hear that, know that one sound silly for those who know what FOX is used for.

Fox 1 - Indicates launch of a semi-active radar-guided <--- this type of missile focus only on selected target and if it can't reach it it self destruct.

Fox 2 - Fox Two - Indicates launch of an infrared-guided missile <--------- this type of missile focus only on selected target and if it can't reach it it self destruct.

Fox 3 - Fox Three - Indicates launch of an active heat or radar-guided missile <-------- this one is dangerous to fire among friendly target cause it goes after any heat source or radar source.
And FOX 3 will hunt a target until fuel is out then self destruct if no target found.

as in if you hear FOX 3 then move away from fire line, or hold back cause it have a nasty habit of picking new targets if one is closer in line.
( brevity for a missile fired to seek it's own heat/radar target or if it gone rouge is "“maddog” which yes mean every one get out of the way and keep your eyes open )

Now SC have similar missile as this in function but not as those, so using right FOX for right type of missile is essential so your fellow wing know what you're up to.

So stop shouting FOX 1, 2, 3... for number order one fire the missile, that just sound silly and is highly inaccurate ha ha.. 🤣 🤣

CHEERS! 🍻

@marcsand2 Do you have a tali on witch SC missile/torpedo we have different FOX brevity for in SC, damndest thing I can't find my doc with our SC brevity.

Last edited:
Reactions: vahadar

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
And SHiP as in space ships is NAVY as such we should stick with and focus on the use of Navy brevity and not Army
Why do we have to reproduce something? I highly doubt every Yellow Jackets are or were in the military ;) Better make our own brevity taking the best out of everything ;)

Reactions: Mich Angel

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Why do we have to reproduce something? I highly doubt every Yellow Jackets are or were in the military ;) Better make our own brevity taking the best out of everything ;)
🤔 🧐🤣

Why reinvent the wheel.. ??

Just saying...

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
This is from the YJ Brevity :
FOX number: Launch of missile and number of them
So i guess here the intended use was to annouce how many missiles shot at target and not the order of the missile shot from your total ? From the video it seems to be the order of missiles. Need clarification i guess.

@Mich Angel As for missiles i agree FOX is enough.
If annoucing FOX1,2,3 is for the order of missile launched (according to video) this info is not usefull since everyone cant remember everyones' elses ships and how many missiles they carry, highly not probable in the heat of the fight.

IF you fire a missile every 2 minutes, <<targetname>> FOX should be enough (= 1 missile by default), BUT if you plan to fire many missiles in a row (short time), might be still interesting for your wingmen to know how many you are going to fire, like you announce <<targetname>> FOX1 instead of FOX so others anticipate another missile is about to be shot at <<targetname>>, then you announce FOX2 and FOX3 for 3 missiles fired for instance, so they dont fire too many missiles themselves at a same target, knowing how many missiles the target already has on its ass. Because if FOX + number is intended to be told AFTER the launch of said number of missiles, some wingmen could launch many missiles at same time and announce it only after they have launched them, resulting in too many missiles on target.

<<targetname>> FOX (= 1 missile only, no need to know who is launching missile i guess, better to know at which target) and <<wingmanname>> BINGO MISSILES ( = out of missiles) shoud be enough most of the time i guess.

🤔 🧐🤣

Why reinvent the wheel.. ??

Just saying...
You are yourself telling the brevity should not use the slang for FOX 1,2,3... as not similar to real life 😜 But only real life pilot or simulators fans would understand real life brevity 😉 So we can tweak any brevity as we see fit, nothing wrong here if Yellow Jackets want to change it for the number of missiles fired hehe (even if not really usefull as said above).

final edit : spelling

Last edited:

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Well easier if one is out of missile, he just say so.

As in every one doing math during a fight that sure is not easier or less complicated, make no sense at all ha ha.

Keep it simple, less words that need to clutter com the better..

Sure we have to alter some brevity to suit space/flight/ship and fights but for the most it's already very short and simple and keep com silent if no info is there to share.

Example: you rune out of fuel and need to go back and refuel or you won't get back at all then you call out your name and "BINGO" ..
" - Vahadar, Bingo" then you leave and refuel and all in the group now that.. there is nothing more needed to be said and com are clean.

As in "BINGO" mean what ever fuel you have left is what you need to get to a closest refuel station.

etc.. etc.. Keep it simple!

🍻

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
From brevity Bingo is also applied to ammo, like vahadar bingo missile. 😉

I edited my post above so much that your answer is probably relevant to my initial gibberish posted hehe
Yeah! Exactly that's a good way to use and change already very useful brevity to suit multiple function.

BINGO on FUEL, BINGO one Missile, BINGO on ammo.... could work great in SC good thinking.

Now you're getting it :like:

Looked up this for ya, think that can inspire a lot how to implement Navy brevity in a good way to suit SC..

http://navybmr.com/study material/APP-7, JOINT BREVITY WORDS PUBLICATIONS.pdf this is one of many they have but this one is unclassified so perfect.

🍻

Reactions: vahadar

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Also to mention as many think it mean you do as asked or suggested is

"COPY", Affirmative, Okay etc.. DOES NOT mean you comply/execute or do it, it only mean okay I heard you.

"WILCO" is what you say if you heard, understand and will comply/execute.

Think that is missing in our brevity lingo..
But it should be in there and used,
Example: if I am in a middle of a dogfight I will or can not comply until I'm out of it, as such I would only say affirmative, copy...etc..

🍻

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
To add to my initial OP.
It seems i was trying to reinvent the wheel 😇

After some lenghty discussion with various people responsible for the Yellow Jackets, fleet organization and comms have been discussed for quite some time already. That fact was already obvious to me, but i could not find any public discussion about it, and there is a reason for that. So this thread is somewhat useless, at least some concern was raised and the old guys will take care of us new guys (like last CFT brevity doc which was nicely reworked!) 😉

Something on Guilded will be anyway fleshed out in the future, same for brevity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mich Angel
Forgot your password?