You can buy one of the showdown ships for a limited time

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
It’s my first fixed nose ship and I don’t mind it at all, the 2500 fuel capacity matches my cutlass too. This ship is fantastic for bounties which is where I have struggled before.
Very pleased to hear you like it :like:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
The Caterpillar is the current king of cargo. It should be great for versatility later. Cargo is the best way to make money with the current mechanics.
The Vanguard is my favorite fighter. I have a Sentinel with a Warden BUK. It is tough, with (contrary to many naysayers) lots of firepower. I expect it to be my daily driver. There are several fellow testies that have BUKs in buyback, so you can pick those up for later.
The Retaliator is the ship that got me hooked on Star Citizen. It will be one of the more versatile ships in the game. :) Currently it doesn't have much use in the game, but the size 9 torps do make a satisfying boom. :) It does require a crew.
The Valkyrie also requires a crew to use effectively. I like the way it flies. It doesn't fit my use case, but it is a great ship.
The Reclaimer, 600i, MIS, Hanmerhead and 890J are the other limited ships avaiable and are outside the price range you specified.
The MIS is the current Meta ship for burst damage in combat. Don't chase the Meta. Your friends don't have much to do if they are coming with you. Cutlass and MIS are, long term, about equal.
The Reclaimer, 600i, and 890J don't have a real use in the current game.
The Hammerhead has the same issue as the Valk and the Tali, no crew, no firepower.
Great breakdown. Thanks good Sir.
rather extensive and informative thanks.
I do like the look of the MIS
Until you sit inside it, lol. CUTTY LOVE.

Also Warden. All the wardens. I have a Harby with Sentinel CCU. Cannot wait for 3.7.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Great breakdown. Thanks good Sir.

Until you sit inside it, lol. CUTTY LOVE.

Also Warden. All the wardens. I have a Harby with Sentinel CCU. Cannot wait for 3.7.
You are welcome.

I can't wait to start turning radars to snow.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Good God, I'm trying the Warden out with keyboard and mouse (no flight sticks with me on this trip). Damn I'm having a tough time. It takes forever to kill anything. Pirate swarm has taken me 18 minutes for 3 rounds.

Any tips?

Reactions: Vavrik

PeppaPigKilla

Admiral
Sep 15, 2019
RSI Handle
PeppaPigKilla
Good God, I'm trying the Warden out with keyboard and mouse (no flight sticks with me on this trip). Damn I'm having a tough time. It takes forever to kill anything. Pirate swarm has taken me 18 minutes for 3 rounds.

Any tips?
I only play mnk because I can’t get my hotas to properly work ( x52 pro)

Increase dpi, I run with 1900 and it’s ok, I could probably do with pushing it up a bit more.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale

Any tips?
Get a controller or a couple of joysticks.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik

Any tips?
Type faster? or what got said just before this... you can get small joysticks that you can pack in your luggage, just shrug when they look at you with those funny expressions at customs.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I only play mnk because I can’t get my hotas to properly work ( x52 pro)

Increase dpi, I run with 1900 and it’s ok, I could probably do with pushing it up a bit more.
I'll give that a shot. The effing game crashed about 8 times, so I'm done with it for now. Remembering why I haven't played in a while, lol.
Get a controller or a couple of joysticks.
I have dual sticks at home. I won't be home until January, haha.
Type faster? or what got said just before this... you can get small joysticks that you can pack in your luggage, just shrug when they look at you with those funny expressions at customs.
Haha, Jesus, smaller joysticks? Really? Like what?

I do have an Xbox controller as well, I just didn't bring it to this particular location that I'm at.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I do have an Xbox controller as well, I just didn't bring it to this particular location that I'm at.
That might work for ya, I mean if you bring it next time. But they make joysticks you can fit in your pocket, along with your wallet. Google "Small joystick" and take your pick. Some aren't that bad. I even saw a dual stick design once.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Ok, I'll test this tomorrow. Do you fly decoupled a lot? If so, have you changed your keybinds at all? Trying to figure the best for my up/down/forward/backwards strafing.
That might work for ya, I mean if you bring it next time. But they make joysticks you can fit in your pocket, along with your wallet. Google "Small joystick" and take your pick. Some aren't that bad. I even saw a dual stick design once.
Wow, ok, will do.

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
The Caterpillar is the current king of cargo. It should be great for versatility later. Cargo is the best way to make money with the current mechanics.
The Vanguard is my favorite fighter. I have a Sentinel with a Warden BUK. It is tough, with (contrary to many naysayers) lots of firepower. I expect it to be my daily driver. There are several fellow testies that have BUKs in buyback, so you can pick those up for later.
The Retaliator is the ship that got me hooked on Star Citizen. It will be one of the more versatile ships in the game. :) Currently it doesn't have much use in the game, but the size 9 torps do make a satisfying boom. :) It does require a crew.
The Valkyrie also requires a crew to use effectively. I like the way it flies. It doesn't fit my use case, but it is a great ship.
The Reclaimer, 600i, MIS, Hanmerhead and 890J are the other limited ships avaiable and are outside the price range you specified.
The MIS is the current Meta ship for burst damage in combat. Don't chase the Meta. Your friends don't have much to do if they are coming with you. Cutlass and MIS are, long term, about equal.
The Reclaimer, 600i, and 890J don't have a real use in the current game.
The Hammerhead has the same issue as the Valk and the Tali, no crew, no firepower.

Theres no long term equal about the Cutlass and MIS at all, one is a better ship than the other, even accounting for the fact they are not meant for the same roles at all.

When it comes to scuffing around in the PU the Cutlass is a really good ship, but the MIS is a *great* ship for scuffing around in the PU, as well as being top tier in combat, even taking in to account future balancing, tweaking load outs what ever, the only thing the Cutlass will ever be better than than the MIS is in its cargo carrying capacity, in every other respect the MIS is *significantly* better.

PeppaPigKilla

Admiral
Sep 15, 2019
RSI Handle
PeppaPigKilla
Theres no long term equal about the Cutlass and MIS at all, one is a better ship than the other, even accounting for the fact they are not meant for the same roles at all.

When it comes to scuffing around in the PU the Cutlass is a really good ship, but the MIS is a *great* ship for scuffing around in the PU, as well as being top tier in combat, even taking in to account future balancing, tweaking load outs what ever, the only thing the Cutlass will ever be better than than the MIS is in its cargo carrying capacity, in every other respect the MIS is *significantly* better.
Interesting. May upgrade to the mis and see

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Mainly fun with friends. I feel my cutty can do most of " bit of everything " but i wanted a bigger ship to explore and maybe shoot some things along the way with friends
Look around to a Valkire: we used it several time in FPS mission and is super funny: lots of people to carry around, space for a ground veicle, some turret both for ground attack and self-defense in space...

PeppaPigKilla

Admiral
Sep 15, 2019
RSI Handle
PeppaPigKilla
Look around to a Valkire: we used it several time in FPS mission and is super funny: lots of people to carry around, space for a ground veicle, some turret both for ground attack and self-defense in space...
My friend has a Connie so it kind of took the need for a big mpv and he’s stuck a rover inside it too.

MIS is a £72 upgrade on my cutlass though so have to weight this up.Spent over £400 on ships along this month.

Forgot your password?