You can buy one of the showdown ships for a limited time

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Theres no long term equal about the Cutlass and MIS at all, one is a better ship than the other, even accounting for the fact they are not meant for the same roles at all.

When it comes to scuffing around in the PU the Cutlass is a really good ship, but the MIS is a *great* ship for scuffing around in the PU, as well as being top tier in combat, even taking in to account future balancing, tweaking load outs what ever, the only thing the Cutlass will ever be better than than the MIS is in its cargo carrying capacity, in every other respect the MIS is *significantly* better.
Maneuverability, Cutlass has a small advantage.

View, not even close, Cutlass Advantage.

Guns: top turret on Cutlass has 2 size 3 with a 360, Freelancer 2 size 2 rear only.
Forward guns Cutlass 4 size 3 fixed or gimballed size 2, Lancer remote turret 4 size 3. Advantage K&M Lancer Joystick, Fixed: Equal until blades are in game or a good turret gunner, then advantage Cutlass.

Missiles Cutlass 6 size 4 mounts carrying 24 size 2 missiles. MIS 32 size 2 and 2 size 4. Sustained missile duel, advantage MIS, but fights don't last that long.

Cargo Cutlass: 44 MIS: 28 Advantage: Cutlass

Price Cutlass: $100 MIS: $175

What am I missing?

Last edited:
Reactions: Blind Owl

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
My friend has a Connie so it kind of took the need for a big mpv and he’s stuck a rover inside it too.

MIS is a £72 upgrade on my cutlass though so have to weight this up.Spent over £400 on ships along this month.
Wait until the anniversary sale.
I don't have either but I have owned both the Lancer and the Cutlass.
For combat the Vanguard is generally a step up from either.
If you want a Lancer over the Cutlass, then my recommendation is the base Lancer or the Max. IMHO if you want a pick up truck, get the one with the most hauling capability. :)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Good God, I'm trying the Warden out with keyboard and mouse (no flight sticks with me on this trip). Damn I'm having a tough time. It takes forever to kill anything. Pirate swarm has taken me 18 minutes for 3 rounds.

Any tips?
I find putting the gimbal on auto-aim and fire-and-forgetting leaving it running, and concentrate on aiming with the nose guns works better for me than any other tactic i've tried. Also: missiles. I always forget about them but they are there to be used.

Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I find putting the gimbal on auto-aim and fire-and-forgetting leaving it running, and concentrate on aiming with the nose guns works better for me than any other tactic i've tried. Also: missiles. I always forget about them but they are there to be used.
I'll try that out tonight. Along with decoupled. The thing feels like a damn boat, so trying to keep the enemy in front of me is rather difficult. I hear this new aim assist even helps a bit with fixed guns, so I think I'll try that. R key, correct?

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
I found other devices too, but that showed up as well. I'm not 100% sure about buying parts like this at Amazon sight unseen, just because I can't touch it or look at it directly. If I can find it somewhere then I can do the comparison. If I go to Frys, a fantastic store down here you pay more for the product but it's right there on the shelf. You can't do that quite so well if you aren't at home to figure out what your options are.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I'll try that out tonight. Along with decoupled. The thing feels like a damn boat, so trying to keep the enemy in front of me is rather difficult. I hear this new aim assist even helps a bit with fixed guns, so I think I'll try that. R key, correct?
R key until you get dotted circles in the HUD which is the active area.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I found other devices too, but that showed up as well. I'm not 100% sure about buying parts like this at Amazon sight unseen, just because I can't touch it or look at it directly. If I can find it somewhere then I can do the comparison. If I go to Frys, a fantastic store down here you pay more for the product but it's right there on the shelf. You can't do that quite so well if you aren't at home to figure out what your options are.
True story. I'll just mouse and ekyboard until I get back to my other other deployment place, where my XBOX controller is. Of course, then the internet will suck so much I won't be able to play, haha.
R key until you get dotted circles in the HUD which is the active area.
Sweet. I'll give it a go. Thanks a million @NaffNaffBobFace

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
Maneuverability, Cutlass has a small advantage.

View, not even close, Cutlass Advantage.

Guns: top turret on Cutlass has 2 size 3 with a 360, Freelancer 2 size 2 rear only.
Forward guns Cutlass 4 size 3 fixed or gimballed size 2, Lancer remote turret 4 size 3. Advantage K&M Lancer Joystick, Fixed: Equal until blades are in game or a good turret gunner, then advantage Cutlass.

Missiles Cutlass 6 size 4 mounts carrying 24 size 2 missiles. MIS 32 size 2 and 2 size 4. Sustained missile duel, advantage MIS, but fights don't last that long.

Cargo Cutlass: 44 MIS: 28 Advantage: Cutlass

Price Cutlass: $100 MIS: $175

What am I missing?
And there we have it, proof positive you havent got a clue what you are talking about.

Go away and come back to the debate when you can at least be bothered to research the ships you are claiming to know about.

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
It's friendly debate about ships my friend. No need to be uncivil.
I cant be doing with it, especially when people are giving other people bad advice that involves those persons wasting what is at the end of the day a significant amount of money, because that person doesnt know what they are talking about.

I mean, the MIS has three times the raw shield health of a cutlass out of the box, has 28 *S3* missiles (double the missile damage of the cutlass) has gimballed S3 ballistics out of the box, *36* SCU of cargo, has a faster quantum drive, more advanced living quarters, ejection seats, twice the computing power for its automated systems.....

At the expense of holding 10SCU less cargo and being slightly slower all round.

Its a *significantly* better ship than a Cutlass, even though the cutlass itself (even accounting for its currently broken cockpit view) is a really good ship.

So when someone says “yeah theres no difference really long term” its nonsense, theres a BIG difference now, and an EVEN BIGGER difference long term.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
And there we have it, proof positive you havent got a clue what you are talking about.

Go away and come back to the debate when you can at least be bothered to research the ships you are claiming to know about.
Make your case.

Because I am definitely not seeing it.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I cant be doing with it, especially when people are giving other people bad advice that involves those persons wasting what is at the end of the day a significant amount of money, because that person doesnt know what they are talking about.

I mean, the MIS has three times the raw shield health of a cutlass out of the box, has 28 *S3* missiles (double the missile damage of the cutlass) has gimballed S3 ballistics out of the box, *36* SCU of cargo, has a faster quantum drive, more advanced living quarters, ejection seats, twice the computing power for its automated systems.....

Its a *significantly* better ship than a Cutlass, even though the cutlass itself (even accounting for its currently broken cockpit view) is a really good ship.

So when someone says “yeah theres no difference really long term” its nonsense, theres a BIG difference now, and an EVEN BIGGER difference long term.
You make valid arguments my friend, and good for you for knowledge of the ships in question. However, telling someone they haven't got a clue what they're talking about and then telling them to go away is rather bad form.

Last edited:

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale

Ah, out of the box numbers.

Don't they have the same size mounts though?
So you could throw the same equipment on both, right?

So the missile numbers aren't correct on the page anymore. Like I said earlier, and elsewhere, the MIS has more missiles. From a practical standpoint, if you are burning through that many missiles you are doing it wrong.

You are chasing meta. How are 4 size 3 forward facing guns better than 4 size 2 and 2 size 3? How are 4 size 3 better than 6 size 3?

How is less agile better?

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
The mis is an absoloute beast - you can lay down a sabres worth of firepower whilst still having them gimbaled (thus getting more (or easier) hit %) and then if you still need to up your game you got a cargo bay full of size 3 missiles to boot! Not to mention the shields are strong and the hull can take a beating.

My fav ship.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
The mis is an absoloute beast - you can lay down a sabres worth of firepower whilst still having them gimbaled (thus getting more (or easier) hit %) and then if you still need to up your game you got a cargo bay full of size 3 missiles to boot! Not to mention the shields are strong and the hull can take a beating.

My fav ship.
Great, now I'm thinking about the damn MIS too. Haha.

Forgot your password?