600i first thoughts

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Connie sized. Remember, they have resized most things.

Fighter sized will use mostly S1 stuff except weapons.
Connie Sized is S2 except weapons. Not sure about Freelancer sized stuff
I think StarF, StarG, Carrack, etc will be S3
Polaris S4?...might still be S3
Idris will be next up...then Javelin will be even higher?

Someone with a better handle might be able to explain better

Aug 12, 2017
RSI Handle
F_Tek
I had no intention of buying it and now own the Explorer version.... I am the guy that bought an Aquila so i'd have something to transport my Cyclone around in though, soooo I knew it was gonna happen.
As long as it finds me some nice wrecks for my Reclaimer to chew on and something for my Prospector to dig up i'll be happy

Cool-Hand-Luke

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Cool-Hand-Luke

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
I really love the design of the Ship, but I guess I can't spend any more on Games for the near future at least. D:
Yeah this will be my last for a while i have about 635 in credits laying around but saving that for citizencon really hoping they put a nice new capital ship out that i can snag up with it. So in total i have 2 bmm to upgrade from(hoping price goes up a bit more) and a few cutlass black upgrades(might pick up a few more after this 600i sale ends since we know that we are going to get a price hike soon.)

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Doing a comparison of the Aquila vs the 600i explore. Not just from the ship matrix, but also from some of the text of the brochure

Breakdown is Aquila /// 600i explore.
Weapons
Guns
4xS5 hardpoints /// 3xS5 Hardpoints
1 turret with 2xS2 Hardpoints Room for 1 more turret at expense of sensor suite /// 2 turrets with 2xS2 hardpoints.

Missiles
40 S2 missiles /// 16 or 64 S3 Missiles (conflicting information here. Ship matrix and webpage says 4 mounts of 16 S3 missiles, brochure says 16 S3 missiles

Cargo
134 /// 36 (most of the Aquila's cargo is taken up by the Ursa)

Rover
Ursa /// yes, but unknown

Snub
Yes P-52 Merlin /// no

crew stations
6 or 4. 6 if all three seats in cockpit manned, plus two turrets, plus snub. 4 if Pilot, Turrets, Snub/engineer /// 5, two in the exploration module

Length
60.1 // 61.5

Width
26.6 /// 43

Height
13.4 /// 18.5

Shields
1xS6 /// 2S2 Sizing will probably change to S2, but unknown how many for the Aquila

Power Plant
1xS6 /// 1xS3 Sizing will probably change to 1 S2 or S3 for Aquila

Engines
4xS5 /// 4xS2 Again, The engine size will probably be revised on Aquila to 4xS2. From the brochure "the 600i houses 4 robust engines allowing it to outpace most other ships of its class."

Thrusters
8 S3 thrusters /// 12 S2 thrusters. Not sure if thruster size will change on the Aquila. From the brochure "All that power is distrubuted through 12 fixed thrusters that have been seamlessly embedded into the linework of the body, providing higher responsiveness and speed"

Mass
80,550 /// 188,700 However, ship data from brochure says "will feature Origin's proprietary new GLAX plating allowing the ship to be much lighter than comparable sized ships" So, the weight might be higher on the Aquila.

Jump engine
Yes /// unknown

Expanded fuel tank /// unknown
Long range scanner /// comprehensive suite of mapping and scanning gear. External points for additional arrays and dedicated avionics to parse data. Small arms locker

Last edited:

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Hmm wow that really puts the aquilla as a better ship overall.... the one that caught my eye was the 600i has 2 unmanned turrets. I'm not sure if you have ever tried shooting stuff down in a ship that is moving in a turret its near impossible... maybe in the future that will change.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Well you couldn't have got the Touring version, it hardly has enough space in the cargo-hold for beet letalone popcorn and pretzels too. Think of all the high maneuverability hyjinks you'll have whizzing around where other ships will only stroll or plod.

Don't think of it as a purchase, think of it as helping to fund the game.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Aleph0Null

Grand Admiral
Apr 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Aleph0Null
I don't understand why you all so focused on the explorer edition. the luxury brings so much more positional, you look at the ship the wrong way, it's not a gunship, nor it's exploring ship, is has explorisen VARIANT! so looking at exploring as it's main goal is just wrong. I believe this ship will be like the Genesis only smaller, yet offering much more for the upper class.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
I don't understand why you all so focused on the explorer edition. the luxury brings so much more positional, you look at the ship the wrong way, it's not a gunship, nor it's exploring ship, is has explorisen VARIANT! so looking at exploring as it's main goal is just wrong. I believe this ship will be like the Genesis only smaller, yet offering much more for the upper class.
Yeah but that amount of cargo space is just sad as an exploration module. It needs to have a bit more to it than what it currently has planned especially for 400 usd which is almost 2 times the price. It's no full luxury and its no full exploration its just kind of on the sad end of both spectrums. Give it time I'm sure something will come around.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Simple. I don't want to cart ungrateful VIPs all over the place. I want to find stuff. If I was going to get it, it would be because of the speed and maneuverability, not the luxury. Speed and maneuverability gives me two advantages. It lets me navigate unknown jump points better, and it might allow me to fight off an aggressive competitor a bit more easily...or at least, allow me to dodge while I am trying to jump.

Forgot your password?