Aegis Sabre Fighter - Who is getting it?

Will you be rattling a Sabre?

• Yes

Votes: 61 53.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Need to drink on it

Votes: 38 33.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zeddie

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Test-Dummy
Since it's proposed as a "stealthier fighter" that's equal to a Hornet, I've upgraded my F7C-S (Stealth Hornet) into the Sabre.

I also much prefer Aegis ships to Anvil, so all the better for me. I'm really looking forward to flying it!

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
OK, had to get it. Twin engine plane and ships are just too cool. Plus, working Base Ops, at Ft Huachuca, AZ, I have seen many planes come down hot and heavy cause of a flame out. All single engine F-16s, however, not a one of the A-10s or F-15 did a dead stick landing.....2 ENGINES!(If I had the money, I would have a Vanguard too). I had to melt A LOT of hangar flair to do it, but I think it was worth it.

Reactions: Designated Drunk

Preston

Vice Admiral
Dec 1, 2014
RSI Handle
Stomeg
Melted my 2 year insurance Delta to get a Super Hornet, considering buying the Sabre or something else.

Star Pilgrim

Rear Admiral
Feb 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Star_Pilgrim
Well Sabre is perfect for all those who said Vanguard is too big for what they had in mind.
And since it is latest prototype tech from Aegis, made for military use, it should easily beat Super hornet and all other dogfighters curently in the game.
Also it is the most expensive single seater dogfighter which is build for space superiority and stealth on top of that. If Hornet Ghost had balls, it would be a Sabre ninja. :D
Sadly Ghost is grossly underwhelming (lacking balls) and every Super Hornet eats it for breakfast..

It has more redundancies, more in line with the Vanguard.
So ninja always killed a brute, nough said.

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
So, what do you think will be done first, the Sabre or the Cutlass Red? Cause that was the ship that finally got turned into the Sabre, but I wanted something to fly around in in AC, so I kept the Hornet.

Reptar Khan

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Quail_Girl
So what kind of fighter would people prefer on their Idris... Hornets you can clearly multi-role outfit different ways. Do people think the Saber will have the same number of plugins / modules as the Hornet?

Yex

Space Marshal
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Yex
I hope no variants
I honestly hate the variant concept what a dumb idea, you're never going to keep it stock anyway

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
What would be nice is if we could buy just the hull, no engines, avionics power plant, nothing equipped. Then we could trick it out the way we want, no need for variants.

BubbleKing

Grand Admiral
Feb 26, 2015
RSI Handle
BubbleKing
I pledged for one. Why? I now own only a SH and a POTATO... one of them is bound to be good right?

Ideally, the SH will be my "fleet" ship and the POTATO will be reserved for my solo or "small gang" activities.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Got a Connie Taurus -> Sabre upgrade in case the Cutlass rework poops out something bad.

I hate you Chris Roberts. Stop taking my money.

Forgot your password?