Aegis Vulcan (concept ship sale starting Feb 22)

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I feel like I need to make a decision without knowing all the details.
Will I be able to CCU my Endeavor to a Crucible at a later time? I won't be able to melt it for value, because I'd lose $100+.
That's why it's painful.
Is you concierge? Or do you have a Concierge friend who can ask the question? *cough* @Printimus *cough*

No point having the Bat-Phone if you don't pick up the receiver and say hello every now and then :slight_smile:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
What am i doing?
Do you know how long the CCU system is going to carry on for?

Or do you perhaps have some kind of contact with a certain games development company at a certain top-hat level that would get some kind of vague answer? *waggles eyebrows*

Clematrix

Commander
Feb 22, 2018
RSI Handle
clematrix
Too expensive for me for how often (or little) I think I'd use it. Sort of a cool idea, I'd like it as a rental option in game instead of a purchase though.

Agree it looks sort of like an Anvil ship. Was doing a video on it and didn't realize until I was about to post that I called it the Anvil Vulcan instead of the Aegis Vulcan.

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
Lets be honest Owl, the need for money to fuel the massive machine (the redo and redo has definitely wasted cash). I thought it sad it was concierge only offer though even if just the extra suit, people in that group are already more likely to have starfarers and cruicibles.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Still undecided about getting it.
I really like the concept of the Vulcan, but I have no fresh cash (and neither am I a concierge) and I'm not going to melt my Endeavor for it.
Maybe.

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
Its funny because it has some flexibility to bale out players who run out of fuel and maybe ammo but if your ships is damaged enough to be flying you can probably make if back anyways. Maybe they will do damage stats so your fuel is lost and stuff like that. I doubt it can repair anything seriously hurt.

If you have 5 pirate ships is having a ship like this worth more than another ship i.e. to repair small damage refuel etc. We do not know any real game balance or mechanics but having put the ship up there they will have to make the mechanics work. So far we seem to have 3 levels of repair (maybe 4), hand held devices, this bots, cruicible and well the fixed repair bases (maybe the last two are the same).

Unless there is an additional mechanic on loosing fuel, currently this only happens on afterburn in atmosphere and then you crash, so heh you might not survive the crash to need this.

If its for a proper fleet support I just cannot see how you wont want a cruicible and starfarer for this. So yeah this will fit a niche of 1) small fleet support and or missions ala AA van. I do not think its for me but I have considered it just for the fuel supply without corrider hell, (sadly it will still run out because it can not refine and thus produce its own fuel).

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
This will be a small fleet support vehicle. Think of something like a few buccs, a caterpillar, and some cutlasses, keeping them in fighting trim and fueled up. Or you could make it part of a long range exploration fleet where you want to keep the number of actual people down. In that case, terrapin for resource identification, starfarer for cargo, and fuel refining, a prospector for mining, and a Vulcan for repair.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Still undecided about getting it.
I really like the concept of the Vulcan, but I have no fresh cash (and neither am I a concierge) and I'm not going to melt my Endeavor for it.
Maybe.
Didn't you name your ship? You can't melt a ship you've named...

*sob* Oh, the Herald "Brave Sir Robin" why did I melt you? *sob*

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Didn't you name your ship? You can't melt a ship you've named...

*sob* Oh, the Herald "Brave Sir Robin" why did I melt you? *sob*
Oh, crap. I forgot about that. What was its name again? I didn't get too attached to it because it hasn't seen the light of day yet.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Lets be honest Owl, the need for money to fuel the massive machine (the redo and redo has definitely wasted cash). I thought it sad it was concierge only offer though even if just the extra suit, people in that group are already more likely to have starfarers and cruicibles.
*Sigh* I understand. I know why they do it, it just irks me.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Oh, crap. I forgot about that. What was its name again? I didn't get too attached to it because it hasn't seen the light of day yet.
Mmm, I searched but can't find the name it wasn't in the thread I thought it was.

Instead i'll tell you about my experience. I wanted a Cutlass Blue. I really wanted one. I had a Connie Taurus. I had flown an andromida and slummed it in the Taurus in the hangar.

I CCU'd to the Blue and slummed it in the hangar... Mmmm. I then flew the Cutlass Black in the PU... Hmmmmm...

I CCU'd back within 30 mins. Nope, they won't be getting the "Reoccurring Tendencies 2" off me now. Whatever you do finalise your decision before you get to fly the ship, because once you do... Oooh, thats hard.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Mmm, I searched but can't find the name it wasn't in the thread I thought it was.

Instead i'll tell you about my experience. I wanted a Cutlass Blue. I really wanted one. I had a Connie Taurus. I had flown an andromida and slummed it in the Taurus in the hangar.

I CCU'd to the Blue and slummed it in the hangar... Mmmm. I then flew the Cutlass Black in the PU... Hmmmmm...

I CCU'd back within 30 mins. Nope, they won't be getting the "Reoccurring Tendencies 2" off me now. Whatever you do finalise your decision before you get to fly the ship, because once you do... Oooh, thats hard.
I actually feel even more confused now. Oh well, I still have 5-6 more years to decide before the Endeavor is built.

Forgot your password?