Aegis Vulcan (concept ship sale starting Feb 22)

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
When your pledge for a concept ship, you are pledging firstly that the money will be spent on the game and that at some point some sort of similar to the concept ship will at some point in the future be put in the game. At that point you can look it up and fly it. So for example the reclaimer was a concept ship I think in 2014 and is supposed to be available later this year (maybe next update maybe not, its star citizen nothing is on time including the presentations).

What you should have is a freelancer (you know the horrible view screen ugly as hell ship) to use instead. This way no matter how bad they make the Vulcan you will be pleased when it comes out because you no longer have a freelancer.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Ok so now that i have pledged for the Vulcan, why am I not able to select it in the game or in my hangar?
The Vulcan is years from hangar ready. If you want something to see, sit in and fly, you need a ship that is listed as "Flight Ready" on the matrix: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/ship-matrix. If the space filler for the Vulcan is the Freelancer, you should see that instead.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Ok so now that i have pledged for the Vulcan, why am I not able to select it in the game or in my hangar?
When you pledge on a Concept you are getting the cheapest price that ship will ever be available for, and Life time Insurance on the ship which will help in game which later sales of that ship will not get. As it is a "concept" the ship has not yet been made. You will get a loaner ship in its place until it is made to a similar size and capability - I'm not sure which ship is the loaner for the Vulcan, sometimes it takes a while for them to decide which ship should be lent.

It is important to note, when you pledge on a ship you are not "buying" the ship, you are finding the building of the game and getting the specific ship you pledged against as a thank you. Further details on what your pledge money is used for in T's and C's: https://robertsspaceindustries.com/tos/25#fundraising

Last edited:
Forgot your password?