Christmas sale indecision.

TurtleImpaler

Admiral
Dec 24, 2015
RSI Handle
TurtleImpaler
I had a slight conundrum when it came to the sale. Im mostly Transport(Retaliator/Connie/Starfarer LTI) and I had two attack ships (Hornet Ghost/Vanguard Sentinel) and i decided to trade both attack ships and buy back the Freelancer Max, Super Hornet, and 325A. Im kind of excited now since I have my dream-team of ships finally.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
fleet.png sitting on this now. Mostly hanger ready, a couple flight ready.
fleet (2).png with an upgrade to this, when she becomes available (and back to Redeemer a few times).
fleet (4).png and then onto this, when any of them become available. (With a few crucible, reclaimer, and endeavor upgrades for shits and giggles)

Reactions: supitza

NecroKnight

Lieutenant
Dec 27, 2015
RSI Handle
NecroKnight
I just went a bit crazy as well, so don't feel bad. I went from my original 325a which I upgraded to like a year or two ago to an upgrade from that to the Sabre (when it's flyable) a Retaliator Bomber and a Freelancer DUR. In 2 days... thank god Holidays pay time and a half, and tips a always good around this time of year. I am trying real hard not to drop any more money right now on the other modules for my Tali right now so.

scooter6139

Lieutenant
Nov 22, 2015
RSI Handle
scooter6139
I just picked up a Gladiator. Missed it during the live stream event so jumped on it this time. Just too easy when a credit card is saved on file!! :mad:

Also upgraded the 300I to the 315p and added a Freelancer DUR. Not sure why I have two Explorers now...............

Mirax Arneau

Commander
Donor
Dec 23, 2015
RSI Handle
Mirax-Arneau
I splurged for a Reclaimer, Already got the Crucible, so may as well get a source of material to patch stuff up with, and salvage looks like fun :P

galfraz

Rear Admiral
Nov 24, 2015
RSI Handle
galfraz
I'm on the fence right now as to if I want to get rid of my Mustang Delta in favor of a Reliant SEN. I'm not a big fan of small fighters and feel like the SEN would be a good companion to a small exploration fleet.

Everyone tells me that I should hang on to the Delta though, that it'll be one of the best light fighters in the game. Trouble is, I'm garbage as flying it.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I just picked up a Gladiator. Missed it during the live stream event so jumped on it this time. Just too easy when a credit card is saved on file!! :mad:

Also upgraded the 300I to the 315p and added a Freelancer DUR. Not sure why I have two Explorers now...............
I can understand multiple explorers. Different sized jump holes and all. As we're not sure yet if the DUR will fit through a small jump point, having a 315 may be smart. I'm praying that the DUR does fit though, as I can't be bothered to buy another damn ship, lol.
I splurged for a Reclaimer, Already got the Crucible, so may as well get a source of material to patch stuff up with, and salvage looks like fun :p
I bought the CCUs for both these ships. Just in case. Lol.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I'm on the fence right now as to if I want to get rid of my Mustang Delta in favor of a Reliant SEN. I'm not a big fan of small fighters and feel like the SEN would be a good companion to a small exploration fleet.

Everyone tells me that I should hang on to the Delta though, that it'll be one of the best light fighters in the game. Trouble is, I'm garbage as flying it.
Delta is flyable right now. The reliant isn't. Buy the CCU, but don't apply it. You can melt the upgrade if you decide to keep your delta. In the meantime, practice with your delta in the PU. You may end up loving it.

Mirax Arneau

Commander
Donor
Dec 23, 2015
RSI Handle
Mirax-Arneau
I can understand multiple explorers. Different sized jump holes and all. As we're not sure yet if the DUR will fit through a small jump point, having a 315 may be smart. I'm praying that the DUR does fit though, as I can't be bothered to buy another damn ship, lol.

I bought the CCUs for both these ships. Just in case. Lol.
Exploring and building are my thing, doesn't mean I won't shoot some arse that tries to mess with me, but it is my preference.

Doggen

Space Marshal
Dec 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Doggen
Oh man, I was more than happy with my Avenger the past year. Then I thought I had to get an LTI ship even though it probably wont matter much. So I Bought an Aurora LTI.
Then the Xmas sale came and the mustang delta was for sale again. So I upgraded it to a Mustang. Then to gladius... for an hour. Now I have a hornet and I have the feeling its only the start.

Help.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I have the feeling its only the start.
Help.
I feel you. I started this sale thinking if I should get a Reliant Sen. Now I might end up with a Sen + a Starfarer. I need $35 more and my wife keeps telling me we need to buy food and furniture.
Also, to get the Starfarer I'd have to melt my Freelancer. Which makes me kind of sad. Please tell me the Starfarer is better than the Freelancer. I need to hear it.

Help.

Sintha

Space Marshal
Sep 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Sintha
3.4k units on a hull c is too good to pass up. I ccu from my saber and picked up a super hornet to replace my lost fighter. Now all i need is a game pack lol.

RedPandaRawr

Space Marshal
Dec 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Panda-Horo
Before the sale i had a Avenger Stalker (which i had upgraded from the AMD mustang Omega, didnt like that ship) Now i have upgraded my Avenger to a Warlock, Bought a P-72, Reliant Kore and finally a Retaliator Base with back cargo and front living modules... i think i went a bit over the top

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Ha. That's how I felt. Then I kep getting drunk and justifying just one more ship...
3.4k units on a hull c is too good to pass up. I ccu from my saber and picked up a super hornet to replace my lost fighter. Now all i need is a game pack lol.
Talk to pandoz. Look for his thread no. The marketplace. He was selling Aurora game packs below cost to test members.
i think i went a bit over the top
Yes yes, let the sale flow through you.

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
Okay, so I went ahead and bought a CCU to Starfarer.
So now, when the respective ships become hangar ready, my (P-52 + LX + Avenger + Freelancer) will become (Reliant Sen + Starfarer).
Does anyone have a couch I could sleep on?

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
I really like the simplicity of your fleet. I feel like I have way too many ships, even though I'm down to 5. Haha. Starfarer...I'm still tempted. The sale ends today doesn't it?
I don't want to end up with too large of a fleet, and since I'm mostly interested in science and hauling when the PU goes live, my long-term goal is to have an Endeavor and a Starfarer.
In the future, after my wife gets over the fact that I've spent my holidays browsing the RSI website and the forums and throwing money at Chris Roberts, I'll CCU my Sen to an Endeavor. Also, I need to win the lottery first.

PS: If you don't get your own (which would be the financially sane choice), you can use my Starfarer anytime.

Vimes

Captain
Dec 6, 2015
RSI Handle
VIIMES
I ended up buying nothing :p

Was oogling the Sabre but i know it will be hit with the Nerf bat way before the game is even out, to have Turn N Burn, Boom N Zoom and a Stealth gun platform fighter all in one will anger the masses. Sure the ship comes with a hefty pricetag and the performance of the ship has to reflect that somehow, but it will render alot of other fighters obselete even before the game even is launched and i wonder if that really was the intention.

Im leaning more and more against the Vanguard instead, a solid Gun platform with fixed guns forward, that suits me since im a joystick HOTAS user, i do wonder if you can slave the turret to aim forward and fire with the rest of the guns without a turret gunner?

Only drawback with this is that the Vanguard is 80 Euros more expensive then the Sabre, and the Wanguard is even more expensive then my Constellation :O

I will stay undecided for quite some time forward i think, im a notorious impulse buyer, but this time i did good in waiting a bit i think. I do need a single or two seat fighter to complement my Constellation tough.

Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
If you don't get your own (which would be the financially sane choice), you can use my Starfarer anytime
Sweet. I'll return that favor for sure. I already have more then I want, and can only fly one at a time.
will stay undecided for quite some time forward i think, im a notorious impulse buyer, but this time i did good in waiting a bit i think. I do need a single or two seat fighter to complement my Constellation tough.
I hear you. I have the Sabre at the moment. But I love the vanguard. She's so pretty. They both are. Haha.

Forgot your password?