Citizencon 2949 Info Megathread - Best in Show Dec 2-5

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I would seriously caution about getting hopes up for SSOCS being shown at citizencon. If they do it then it will be in a very tightly controlled environment specific for that demo. We likely won't see it until next year at the earliest even if they are ahead of schedule because it will require A LOT of Evocati and PTU testing to fully work out the kinks.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
What is SSOCS?
Server Side Object Container Streaming.

It allows the server to only load into memory the objects that are currently in use within its game world. Thus it does not have to waste cpu cycles and memory on things players are currently not engaged in.

Example. No one is currently flying around a reclaimer. The server doesn't load the object into memory. No one is over at Yella. The server doesn't need to load the whole planet, habs (like JumpTown, Benson, Arcorp Mining Area 157 and Deakins research outpost) and GrimHex into memory.

But as @Black Sunder correctly stated its still very much a work in progress as it has many dependencies before it can be fully implemented.

The good news its nearing completion and once it along with Server Mesh are done we should truly see the MMO we have been anticipating.

Last edited:

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Ship update new from spectrum:

Anvil C8 Pisces (3.7.2)
  • The C8 Pisces will be available to fly on the live servers for all current Carrack owners shortly after the conclusion of CitizenCon.
Anvil C8X Pisces Expedition (3.7.2)
  • The C8X Pisces Expedition will be available to fly on the live servers at the start of the IAE at 6 AM Pacific / 1400 UTC on November 24th.
Argo Mole
  • The Mole will release in December. What's the Mole you ask? If you're attending CitizenCon, make sure to attend the Ship Talk panel, otherwise details will be available on YouTube soon.
Drake Cutlass Red
  • The Cutlass Red will release in January.
Anvil Carrack
  • The Carrack will release in February.
Esperia Prowler
  • The Prowler will release in March.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza

Anvil C8 Pisces (3.7.2)
  • The C8 Pisces will be available to fly on the live servers for all current Carrack owners shortly after the conclusion of CitizenCon.
  • The C8X Pisces Expedition will be available to fly on the live servers at the start of the IAE at 6 AM Pacific / 1400 UTC on November 24th.
Argo Mole
  • The Mole will release in December. What's the Mole you ask? If you're attending CitizenCon, make sure to attend the Ship Talk panel, otherwise details will be available on YouTube soon.
Drake Cutlass Red
Anvil Carrack
Esperia Prowler

Wow I was not expecting the Carrack to slip so much in its release.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
Server Side Object Container Streaming.
I feel dumb now....

Sad Carrack news:

Ohhhh FFS!!! Maybe if they didn't waste time on the Mantis or the Ballista, or... 😡🤬😤:drunk:

Anvil C8 Pisces (3.7.2)
Not sure if I care... I might a little since it's kinda part of my Carrack...

Argo Mole
Don't care...

Drake Cutlass Red
Don't care...

Anvil Carrack
😡🤬

Esperia Prowler
Don't care...

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I feel dumb now....

Ohhhh FFS!!! Maybe if they didn't waste time on the Mantis or the Ballista, or... 😡🤬😤:drunk:

Not sure if I care... I might a little since it's kinda part of my Carrack...

Don't care...

Don't care...

😡🤬

Don't care...
I'm sensing some mild shock here.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
New Ship Upgrades UI

Gaw!
*Runs to site*
*Clicks Ship Upgrades*
*web-app loads*
Oooh a web app like the 300 series customization tool
*tinkers*

Mmmm, interesting - it totally cuts out the page that gave additional details on the pledge like:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Upgrades/Dragonfly-yellowjacket-To-325a-Upgrade

...but as the above link still goes to that page my assumption is that it's a new front end and those pages while still part of the process of purchasing are now left out of site categories and search...??

*tinkers*

Mmmm, because it's an overlay you can no longer use a URL to send it to friends or show it to anyone. This is the page I opened it on:

I closed the tab and reopened it, there is no modifier to the URL to show the CCU tool was opened wouldn't it be nice if there was a URL to that page?

*tinkers*

The old Upgrades page now 404's.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Upgrades/

Not a massive problem in general but will effect a small proportion of end users.

I love TESTing stuff!

EDIT - Aaaaand i've broken it already. Closed the web add on "All ships", came back to it after closing the tab for a few minutes and it was still set to all, so set it back to my ships and nothing is there. I busted it!

1574490135132.png

And lo, 'Bobface did gaze upon his destruction and did proclaim "Now I am become death, destroyer of worlds. Not bad for twenty minutes TESTing."

Last edited:

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Gaw!
*Runs to site*
*Clicks Ship Upgrades*
*web-app loads*
Oooh a web app like the 300 series customization tool
*tinkers*

Mmmm, interesting - it totally cuts out the page that gave additional details on the pledge like:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Upgrades/Dragonfly-yellowjacket-To-325a-Upgrade

...but as the above link still goes to that page my assumption is that it's a new front end and those pages while still part of the process of purchasing are now left out of site categories and search...??

*tinkers*

Mmmm, because it's an overlay you can no longer use a URL to send it to friends or show it to anyone. This is the page I opened it on:

I closed the tab and reopened it, there is no modifier to the URL to show the CCU tool was opened wouldn't it be nice if there was a URL to that page?

*tinkers*

The old Upgrades page now 404's.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Upgrades/

Not a massive problem in general but will effect a small proportion of end users.

I love TESTing stuff!

EDIT - Aaaaand i've broken it already. Closed the web add on "All ships", came back to it after closing the tab for a few minutes and it was still set to all, so set it back to my ships and nothing is there. I busted it!

View attachment 14290

And lo, 'Bobface did gaze upon his destruction and did proclaim "Now I am become death, destroyer of worlds. Not bad for twenty minutes TESTing."
Good work NaffNaff!! hahahaha.

Nice Oppenheimer quote.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
My main take-aways from the opening address:

No no-fly zone over New Babbage, anywhere. That is awesome news - not 100% clear if that will be rolled back to Hurston or Arc-Corp, but amazing news that the intention is to have "If you see it you can land there" and they state that was a lesson learned.

They were able to re-tech the planets and moons - all of them - in two months. That is 24 months of work re-jigged in 8 weeks. Fab.

AI was able to fly a mission ship in, land, and then take off with the player as passenger. Stonkin', lads.

Forgot your password?