Citizencon 2949 Info Megathread - Best in Show Dec 2-5

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
I don't see how to get the Kraken upgrade kit?

Reactions: Blind Owl

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Silly owl you don't get anything for free! Get your owl shaped wallet out!!!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Silly owl you don't get anything for free! Get your owl shaped wallet out!!!
Haha, but Dad, I don't wanna spend money!!
If you already have one of the ships that is the 4 finalists, then you can convert to the IAE version (ones with new purple stripe skin) for free and still keep your LTI (according to dev post).
Oh snap. That's cool. Wonder if it'll work for all the Curries, or just the Black.

Reactions: Zapper Weisman

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Of course we're still stuck with CIG's stupid-ass skin implementation, aka "make it a separate variant" for some stupid reason.

Still mega super salty I can basically never get the Pirate Edition Caterpillar, because it's a separate hull for some reason. My Caterpillar is tied up in my Scoundrel pack and support said I was basically SOL because "we don't do 0$ CCUs to different ships any more". 🙄

Why do we have to have every skin, except the 300i ones, be different variants? Surely we could have a better system in place?

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Of course we're still stuck with CIG's stupid-ass skin implementation, aka "make it a separate variant" for some stupid reason.

Still mega super salty I can basically never get the Pirate Edition Caterpillar, because it's a separate hull for some reason. My Caterpillar is tied up in my Scoundrel pack and support said I was basically SOL because "we don't do 0$ CCUs to different ships any more". 🙄

Why do we have to have every skin, except the 300i ones, be different variants? Surely we could have a better system in place?
The Aurora skins worked for a while in one of the earlier patches. Didn't try it myself but saw an old post on Spectrum where a dude tried out the 4 that were available including the Dread Pirate skin.

I'd grab the Dread Pirate skin for now (only five bucks) and cross my fingers the Cat version skin becomes an option in the future when it's rolled out across all other ships.

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
I picked up some CCUs. I know I've seen the answer somewhere else but its late and I'm lazy. If I were to melt a ship I used a CCU on, I would only be able to buy back the original ship, the CCU is lost right?

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I picked up some CCUs. I know I've seen the answer somewhere else but its late and I'm lazy. If I were to melt a ship I used a CCU on, I would only be able to buy back the original ship, the CCU is lost right?
Yeah, you would only get the original pledge back. Once a CCU is applied you can't buy it back either.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Yeah, you would only get the original pledge back. Once a CCU is applied you can't buy it back either.
Also, if you melt a CCU with the intention of buying it back later the price is not set in stone like a ship is, so the cost of a Mustang to Carrot CCU would have gone up in price in buy-back section too with the recent hike.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
So you can't just purchase the best in show livery to add to your ship, you have to melt the old ship and purchase the new ship?

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
So you can't just purchase the best in show livery to add to your ship, you have to melt the old ship and purchase the new ship?
You should have a CCU to the IAE version of the Cutlass/Cat/Hammerhead/Reclaimer in your hangar if you previously had a version of those ships.

But yes, they are wholly separate variants. Identical, except for the skin. Which is a really obtuse way to have a skin imo.

SoloFlyer

Grand Admiral
May 27, 2018
RSI Handle
housebroken
You should have a CCU to the IAE version of the Cutlass/Cat/Hammerhead/Reclaimer in your hangar if you previously had a version of those ships.

But yes, they are wholly separate variants. Identical, except for the skin. Which is a really obtuse way to have a skin imo.
Oh ok. I have a CCU to a cat that is unapplied, probably why I don't have a CCU to the best of show livery. They should have done something like what they did with the 300 series though

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Forgot your password?