Bounty Hunting Combat Fighter

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Its a combination of switching the HUD Screen from overview to weapons, entering HUD Mode, then clicking on the weapons you need to remove/add to a group, hence the need for screen coordinates for voice attack.
Oh Jesus. Do any of the HCS voicepacks include that as native commands?

Reactions: StdDev

Ripcord33

Grand Admiral
May 2, 2016
RSI Handle
Ripcord03
Im not sure, as i dont own the HCS voicepacks, i used the ANNA pack from the RSI forums as my base template, then put in/modified roughly 100 commands.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I have never actually played with weapon groups. I have no idea how to even do it in game. :p
Why do you use VoiceAttack??? To get a flirty conversation during flight???? :D

Well, for weapons groups, to keep me from taking my hands off the joystick, i had to map out the screen coordinates of the weapons grouping, its rather complex, ill have to get you some screen grabs of the profile settings for that command.
But if you map a macro for clicking the right buttons, then it probable will work not good for me. With the mouse in HUD mode (F3 + F6] I get real strange behavior.
Initially FG1 is wing, FG2 is canard + ball. In the HUD FG1 is canard, FG2 is canard + 1 of the 2 wing + 1 of the 2 ball.
If i try to add the 2nd wing, and deselect the ball is works, until I move mouse focus and go back, then FG2 is canard + 2 ball +1 wing.
This continues the whole time.
A macro will have the same problems sd I have.

I have never actually played with weapon groups. I have no idea how to even do it in game. :p
F3 + F6

Its a combination of switching the HUD Screen from overview to weapons, entering HUD Mode, then clicking on the weapons you need to remove/add to a group, hence the need for screen coordinates for voice attack.
F3 + F6

Reactions: StdDev

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Downloaded VoiceAttack, I registered it, I loaded Anna and I even found an ancient mic, never used. Microsoft speech understood my test sentences, sometimes at the first attempt, sometimes after 3 tries. Nice, good to go
VoiceAttack doesn't understand me at all. Most of the words come out wrong, although, it understands bitch always a the first attempt.
Either it is my ancient microphone, or it is my pronunciation.I think a combination of both, leaning towards the second option.
So now I must a new mic and try that. If that doesn't work then I better never speak in a mic for the rest of my life:(

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Why do you use VoiceAttack??? To get a flirty conversation during flight???? :D
Shields, power balance, lock and fire missiles, landing mode....
And on and on.
Microsoft speech understood my test sentences, sometimes at the first attempt, sometimes after 3 tries.
Did you do the "train your computer to understand you" in windows?

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Shields, power balance, lock and fire missiles, landing mode....
And on and on.
That is a very wise choice sir. Shields really don't matter on a small ship, your adversary can come head on and hit your rear shield. But, if one shield is down and there is one button to equalize all shields, then this would be very handy. I will check that one out.

Energy management didn't seem important, you can shoot the hell out of your guns but still not low on power, Your guns start to overheat first. But will you ship fly faster when you divert more power to your engines or will your shields reload faster when diverting power to them. I will check that out too.

Both options would extend your life during battle :D. Don't rely to much on them, fighting skills is the major factor that keeps you alive, but power and shield can give you the edge you need to win.

Landing is a skill. I practiced that allot in ED. Manually works much faster (and I just recently found the buttons :oops:) I tend to fight until the bitter end or until the game crashes ;)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
That is a very wise choice sir. Shields really don't matter on a small ship, your adversary can come head on and hit your rear shield. But, if one shield is down and there is one button to equalize all shields, then this would be very handy. I will check that one out.

Energy management didn't seem important, you can shoot the hell out of your guns but still not low on power, Your guns start to overheat first. But will you ship fly faster when you divert more power to your engines or will your shields reload faster when diverting power to them. I will check that out too.

Both options would extend your life during battle :D. Don't rely to much on them, fighting skills is the major factor that keeps you alive, but power and shield can give you the edge you need to win.

Landing is a skill. I practiced that allot in ED. Manually works much faster (and I just recently found the buttons :oops:) I tend to fight until the bitter end or until the game crashes ;)
There are shit tons more. I'll have to take a look when I have time, and give you the rundown.

188Octane

Sabre Addict
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
188Octane
Oh man, I'm not the one to ask about it. Maybe @daethwing188 about voice attack. I know it can be found, but I haven't actually played with it myself.

You do need a mic though. There's no point in voice attack without one.
I'm willing to help/answer questions about VoiceAttack configuration or starting places.

Oh Jesus. Do any of the HCS voicepacks include that as native commands?
Nope. You could always add the bind to a VAP (Voice Attack Profile) and recycle a confirmation response for the bind, then give it whatever commands you want it to recognize to initiate it.

Downloaded VoiceAttack, I registered it, I loaded Anna and I even found an ancient mic, never used. Microsoft speech understood my test sentences, sometimes at the first attempt, sometimes after 3 tries. Nice, good to go
VoiceAttack doesn't understand me at all. Most of the words come out wrong, although, it understands bitch always a the first attempt.
Either it is my ancient microphone, or it is my pronunciation.I think a combination of both, leaning towards the second option.
So now I must a new mic and try that. If that doesn't work then I better never speak in a mic for the rest of my life:(
Okay, so first, there are two separate Microsoft speach learning walkthroughs, I forget where the other one is, but the one you need to walk through is located at Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Speech Recognition\Train your computer to better understand you; the more you complete this training (most people recommend 10 times to get a baseline) the better your computer will understand your speech patterns and this will be reflected in Voice Attack. Second, if you're able, keep the Voice Attack window open on a separate monitor and when you speak commands, watch what it registers, then go add those later to the command you want it to follow. You can see some examples in my screengrab from my commands, every now and then it hears "research ills" rather than "reset shields." By adding, "research ills" into the same command to balance my shields, even if it misunderstands me, it will still function as I expect it to. Same for power, it sometimes hears me say, "par." Also I recommend running both Voice Attack and Star Citizen as administrator.

Col_Whiskey

Rear Admiral
Jun 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Col_Whiskey
I’m certainly no expert, but your suggestions on using strafe are spot on. Using strafing maneuvers can help you slow your closing rate while still maintaining most of your momentum. Strafing also helps keep the target in your sights while offering the smallest target profile possible. This is rather effective by strafing one direction and applying pitch/yaw in the opposite direction – in effect orbiting your target. This technique allows you to keep moving and keeping a target lock all while avoiding flying in a straight line (which is a suicidal move against a competent opponent).

Snakey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jul 15, 2015
RSI Handle
SNKYGMG
tips on becoming an ace

1. Don't use gimbals
  2. use kinetic, no pussy beams
  3. learn how to deal with kinetic weapons. Mostly those ass-holes with sabres who just slap longbows on
  4. learn how to do shield management
  5. learn how to out-manoeuvre your enemies
  6. profit???
But you need to practice against different ships to see how t hey preform against you and what their weaknesses are.

ie the Sabre

Strengths:
  • Can carry huge guns capable of one-shooting gladius's and other snub fighters
  • extremely manoeuvrable, so much so the best Sabre pilots can stop you from even getting a shot off before you die
  • low emissions (unlike VW's) meaning with the right amount of management they can stop you from getting missile lock and even make you loose lock all together
  • big shield size
Weaknesses:

• Huge target, Easy to his critical systems ie engines and pylons.
  • weak armour, meaning a super hornet can take you out in seconds

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Strafe:
If you engage an enemy head on, then you will get closer. There are 3 types of distance to your target: too far away, firing distance and too close. When engaging and using strafing and strafing, you primary are avoiding enemy fire, but if you strafe away from your enemy, you are also increasing the time that you are in firing distance, meanwhile keeping up distance so your turn into the enemy will be wider so you loose less speed.
I’m certainly no expert, but your suggestions on using strafe are spot on. Using strafing maneuvers can help you slow your closing rate while still maintaining most of your momentum. Strafing also helps keep the target in your sights while offering the smallest target profile possible. This is rather effective by strafing one direction and applying pitch/yaw in the opposite direction – in effect orbiting your target. This technique allows you to keep moving and keeping a target lock all while avoiding flying in a straight line (which is a suicidal move against a competent opponent).
Yes, and another advantage is: speed is your best friend. While strafing, you speed on the HUD will decrease, but this is only an illusion. Your speed is actually still max, only because of strafe you move forward AND sidewards. The HUD speed is only your forward speed.
Now comes the math: anyone familiar with Pythagoras? Simple example:
your max speed is 5, no side strafe.
if you have a side strafe of 3 and your max speed is 5 then your forward speed would be 4
SQRT(SQR(3) +SQR(4)) = 5; SQRT(9 + 16) = 5; SQRT(25) = 5

Forgot your password?