marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Aaaaaarch :mad:, I'm talking to my computer now for hours, training works well, I even can speak most training sentences in a row without pausing between each word, but VoiceAttack refuses to understand anything else then "bitch" the first time :(. This really isn't helpful for me. I can't shout anything in the mic in the heat of the battle and rely on it that VoiceAttack understood it :confused:.
but... always look at the bright side of life tutu tutu tutu tutuuu.... VoiceAttack also can be controlled by flightstick. It might be useful after all to set my firegroups by pressing using unmapped flightstick buttons. Bad thing again is: it can't map Flightstick and throttle. When I map throttle, then no button is recognized anymore :eek:

188Octane

Sabre Addict
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
188Octane
Aaaaaarch :mad:, I'm talking to my computer now for hours, training works well, I even can speak most training sentences in a row without pausing between each word, but VoiceAttack refuses to understand anything else then "bitch" the first time :(. This really isn't helpful for me. I can't shout anything in the mic in the heat of the battle and rely on it that VoiceAttack understood it :confused:.
but... always look at the bright side of life tutu tutu tutu tutuuu.... VoiceAttack also can be controlled by flightstick. It might be useful after all to set my firegroups by pressing using unmapped flightstick buttons. Bad thing again is: it can't map Flightstick and throttle. When I map throttle, then no button is recognized anymore :eek:
So what you need to do now is 1) make sure Voice Attack is run as administrator and 2) program voice attack to understand you. If you want to say, "Full power!" and it records you saying "beep berblergh" add what it hears to the command for full power. It works, I promise. We should group up and work on it.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
So what you need to do now is 1) make sure Voice Attack is run as administrator and 2) program voice attack to understand you. If you want to say, "Full power!" and it records you saying "beep berblergh" add what it hears to the command for full power. It works, I promise. We should group up and work on it.
So much knowledge, this one has.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Well, to get more answers and views and likes, it has to be shared EVERYWHERE!!! i thought you know this as the king of likes? or was that admiral? i cant remember maybe i was hallucinating
Haha, you were certainly hallucinating. Been hanging out with that unsavory owl fellow. He spikes drinks with stuff...and things.

Seriously though, I completely agree. Exposure is key.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Hmmmm, if windows voice recognition improves if I repeat the training, that means that voice recognition is adapting to my voice. Only problem is that "missiles" or "shields" or "power" are not part of of the training sentences.
If I'm understanding correct, then if you say something and it is not recognized, then voice recognition tries find another word which could match. If I say "Shields front" and "shields" was correctly recognized but "front" wasn't, then speech recognition doesn't know which word was wrong and could try to correct "shields".
I need to find a way to add those common words or even common sentences to the speech dictionary.

188Octane

Sabre Addict
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
188Octane
Hmmmm, if windows voice recognition improves if I repeat the training, that means that voice recognition is adapting to my voice. Only problem is that "missiles" or "shields" or "power" are not part of of the training sentences.
If I'm understanding correct, then if you say something and it is not recognized, then voice recognition tries find another word which could match. If I say "Shields front" and "shields" was correctly recognized but "front" wasn't, then speech recognition doesn't know which word was wrong and could try to correct "shields".
I need to find a way to add those common words or even common sentences to the speech dictionary.
You're almost with me. If you try to say, "Shields Front," but it hears, "Shills Font," and it will show in the Voice Attack log what it hears, add that to the voice attack profile which executes the same command that it would perform if it had heard you correctly. My example is as follows. When I say, "reset shields," or, "reset power," it sometimes hears, "research ills," and, "reset par," when I'm lazy, tired, or just not enunciating clearly. By adding in the misunderstood commands into the corresponding action, it will then perform as I intend despite the mix-up. It was something I learned when I was completely recoding my own version of A.N.N.A. and I noticed Monkeh did it that way for that reason. Here's photos of what I'm talking about.

you'll notice it says, "Recognized :" for both reset par and research ills because I added them in too, and reset shields and power when I enunciate clearly.

you can see where I added them in (next to all the other commands I can speak to effect the same action)

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
It was something I learned when I was completely recoding my own version of A.N.N.A.
I think I'm recording my own version of English o_O I took the other route, instead of adding my pronunciation of a command to the Anna profile, I add my version of english to the speech dictionary :p.
upload_2016-6-27_18-0-59.png

When I give commands, speech recognition can't determine what I say and VoiceAttack says Unrecognized. Because I'm repeating, it thinks that it didn't understand me correctly, so speech recognition starts to guess. With 5 the same commands I get worst case 5 different interpretations.
Now when I make a command that doesn't exists, VoiceAttack will say unrecognized, but speech recognition did recognize it correct, so now I get 5 times the same unrecognized command ;)
Step 2 is understanding the command structure. What is a multipart, suffix or prefix command? In the profile editor it says "xxxx (multipart)", but I can't determine which other part is needed

188Octane

Sabre Addict
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
188Octane
I think I'm recording my own version of English o_O I took the other route, instead of adding my pronunciation of a command to the Anna profile, I add my version of english to the speech dictionary :p.
View attachment 2719
When I give commands, speech recognition can't determine what I say and VoiceAttack says Unrecognized. Because I'm repeating, it thinks that it didn't understand me correctly, so speech recognition starts to guess. With 5 the same commands I get worst case 5 different interpretations.
Now when I make a command that doesn't exists, VoiceAttack will say unrecognized, but speech recognition did recognize it correct, so now I get 5 times the same unrecognized command ;)
Step 2 is understanding the command structure. What is a multipart, suffix or prefix command? In the profile editor it says "xxxx (multipart)", but I can't determine which other part is needed
First, I'm not actually using A.N.N.A. I just cobbled together my own. Next, if it misunderstands 5 times in 5 different ways, then add all 5 unrecognized commands. Suffix and prefix commands you can more than likely ignore; it's setting up a recognized command that can be dynamic... for instance, if you setup a suffix command for, "...seat," then when you say a command that ends in, "seat," it will execute that suffix command. If I make a suffix command for seat and bind it to the exit seat function, when I say, "exit seat," "leave seat," "get out of the seat," in theory, it will recognize what you mean without needing to add the three separate vocal commands to the same macro. A multipart command (which I recommend you use) is when you set each individual vocal command for it to recognize. If I setup a multipart command with, "exit seat," and, " leave seat," but not the last one, it will only recognize and perform the action on the ones I specifically designate. I prefer this too because if you have a suffix or prefix word you might accidentally trigger it when you're talking in discord or to others while Voice Attack listens. In the scenario where we have a suffix command for, "seat," if we were fighting pirates and I blew one up, I might say, "I blasted that guy right out of his seat," then proceed to exit my sabre mid dogfight... no bueno.

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I got my VoiceAttack working for shields, only problem now is that I can't see my shields when zoomed in and in combat I'm zoomed in allot :D Destroys your situation awareness but helps allot with a proper aim. Since I couldn't load Vanduul I started Squadron Battle. Ended up 1v1, Mustang Delta vs Sabre. He always killed me 2 times with dual rattlers, after that: bad luck. The Delta can outmanoeuvre the Sabre easily, the Sabre can't take a proper shot while using strafe. Ended up with my computer crashed :(
Does anyone has a good tactic to handle the Rattler? The Delta handled good against the Sabre, except the damn missiles. He started to ping-pong, make a 180, pass me, make another 180, pass me again. That way I couldn't keep speed. If I tried to keep speed by not making more then 90 turn, then I had him on my tail so with this tactic he kept me an easy prey for his Rattlers.
Shields managment doesn't work so good with a Delta, it only has front and rear shield, weak, evade works better than take the hit with your shields :p

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
I have flown the Buc Black for the second time now. One thing is for sure, a good aim helps allot!!! I loaded her with 3 CF227, tried to stay clear from the asteroids, used allot zoom and.... boom, the one after the other gets blown out of the verse. Just remember not to change strafe or boost while aiming. keep her steady where she is going, line her up, start with 1 and throw in the other 2 when aim is good.
I put the aim under my left pedal, very easy to access and no change if controls during combat. The Cutlass even shot better then the Warden!!!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I have flown the Buc Black for the second time now. One thing is for sure, a good aim helps allot!!! I loaded her with 3 CF227, tried to stay clear from the asteroids, used allot zoom and.... boom, the one after the other gets blown out of the verse. Just remember not to change strafe or boost while aiming. keep her steady where she is going, line her up, start with 1 and throw in the other 2 when aim is good.
I put the aim under my left pedal, very easy to access and no change if controls during combat. The Cutlass even shot better then the Warden!!!
Now I'm getting excited to fly the Cutlass again. Soon. Haha.

Reactions: marcsand2

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Now I'm getting excited to fly the Cutlass again. Soon. Haha.
One small reminder when flying the Cutlass, boost is perfect, it has a speed of 200, with boost 275. Don't use boost while aiming. Because the main engines are positioned at the rear outside, boost will cause a startup instability of your aim. I prefer to go in with boost until in firing range, release the boost and start strafing "away" from the target.

To keep it simple (for me to explain :oops:) I don't use roll to explain the strafe tactic.

Target is slightly right of my flightpath, other targets are further right then main target, I will engage from the front-left. Full strafe left, keep target in reticle, hold that until my main target starts to slip away from my reticle to the right. At that point I should be on the left side of the target, the target will fly away from me to my right. Full strafe to the right to speed up my turn move and speed up the engaging speed from the targets left-rear.

Now comes the roll into the manoeuvre. My guns are at my nose and wings. If I attack the target from the left, and my aim is perfect, then my left wing gun shoots at the rear of the target, my nose gun shoots at the center of the target, my right gun shoots at the front of the target. Best chance to hit target. I will not roll into turn direction, because then my left wing gun would shoot over the target and my right gun would shoot under the target. I just keep full left strafe, maybe also up or down to avoid enemy fire or asteroids.

When I am at the targets left, then I will roll into my turn direction. Roll into my turning direction means that I roll to the right when making a right turn, positioning the target on my up. This will make my turn easier, chance of redout smaller.
Combined with the strafe manoeuvre this would mean that the right strafe will be replaced by up strafe.

Very important when flying a slow fighter with a couple of fast compagnions is wise picking your target. There are 2 options, pick the nearest target or target enemies farther away.
When always picking the nearest target, you and your companions will get closer to each other. Closer to each other will keep you relatively safe, but you won't shoot down allot enemies. Everybody is shooting at the same targets. One target down will mean you get the closest enemy target, this is also the closest enemy target for your companions. The further away enemies will come to you giving them the advantage of attacking you.
When you pick your target yourself, avoiding your companions will spread your fire. Enemies will be shot down faster. You will choose the terms of engagement instead of the enemy and you will get more kills.

Before this post I did a Vanduul with a Sabre and a Hornet. The Hornet had ballistics and that mean slower fire / better aim. First 3 waves the Sabre was first, Hornet was second and I third. After changing my targeting tactic, always look for a pack of distant enemies, I became second, closing in on the Sabre. The 18th wave I became first, no respawns. Things get harder when my companions are not so fast in killing / not so good trained, but harder also means more fun and more practice in evading enemy missiles.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
One small reminder when flying the Cutlass, boost is perfect, it has a speed of 200, with boost 275. Don't use boost while aiming. Because the main engines are positioned at the rear outside, boost will cause a startup instability of your aim. I prefer to go in with boost until in firing range, release the boost and start strafing "away" from the target.

To keep it simple (for me to explain :oops:) I don't use roll to explain the strafe tactic.

Target is slightly right of my flightpath, other targets are further right then main target, I will engage from the front-left. Full strafe left, keep target in reticle, hold that until my main target starts to slip away from my reticle to the right. At that point I should be on the left side of the target, the target will fly away from me to my right. Full strafe to the right to speed up my turn move and speed up the engaging speed from the targets left-rear.

Now comes the roll into the manoeuvre. My guns are at my nose and wings. If I attack the target from the left, and my aim is perfect, then my left wing gun shoots at the rear of the target, my nose gun shoots at the center of the target, my right gun shoots at the front of the target. Best chance to hit target. I will not roll into turn direction, because then my left wing gun would shoot over the target and my right gun would shoot under the target. I just keep full left strafe, maybe also up or down to avoid enemy fire or asteroids.

When I am at the targets left, then I will roll into my turn direction. Roll into my turning direction means that I roll to the right when making a right turn, positioning the target on my up. This will make my turn easier, chance of redout smaller.
Combined with the strafe manoeuvre this would mean that the right strafe will be replaced by up strafe.

Very important when flying a slow fighter with a couple of fast compagnions is wise picking your target. There are 2 options, pick the nearest target or target enemies farther away.
When always picking the nearest target, you and your companions will get closer to each other. Closer to each other will keep you relatively safe, but you won't shoot down allot enemies. Everybody is shooting at the same targets. One target down will mean you get the closest enemy target, this is also the closest enemy target for your companions. The further away enemies will come to you giving them the advantage of attacking you.
When you pick your target yourself, avoiding your companions will spread your fire. Enemies will be shot down faster. You will choose the terms of engagement instead of the enemy and you will get more kills.

Before this post I did a Vanduul with a Sabre and a Hornet. The Hornet had ballistics and that mean slower fire / better aim. First 3 waves the Sabre was first, Hornet was second and I third. After changing my targeting tactic, always look for a pack of distant enemies, I became second, closing in on the Sabre. The 18th wave I became first, no respawns. Things get harder when my companions are not so fast in killing / not so good trained, but harder also means more fun and more practice in evading enemy missiles.
Wow. Great info. I'll give this a try as soon as I have time to play. Thanks!

Forgot your password?