Consolidated Outland Pioneer

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Yeah. And I just remembered the big mining platform is supposed to be the Orion. So not a space exploration ship, but intended for exploration, and not a mining platform. Doesn't have the colonization feel for me and I would think it is too small. Maybe something like a flying garage bay for surface vehicles to explore with? Given the recent focus on surface vehicles, could make sense and drive sales for bikes. A better biker garage than the Cat? Hard to even think it. . .

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
How many cup holders does it have within arms reach of the seats for people to keep their beers accessible? Based on previous vehicles from CiG, I'm guessing none, but that could be the "game changing" feature to this ship. ;p Or maybe it has an on-board kennel for space pets.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
If the Pioneer is a base building craft, will it be coming with a space bulldozer to help move & level ground areas to assist in the base being properly & safely positioned on? If so, or if there will ever be a space bulldozer / land mover, I would do my best to bury the majority of the bases I built under various amounts of ground to assist in concealment from the land & sky. Which should also further protect it from other sources of danger to the base.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Is that real. That can't be real. It's looks real. But then, anything in 16K would look more real than reality.
16k: Resolution of 132 Megapixels.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=how+many+megapixels+is+16k&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=3pbpWYKlB5LH8Ae3wYbQCA

Human Eye: Resolution of 576 megapixels.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=how+many+megapizels+is+the+human+eye&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=8JbpWbTxOJLH8Ae3wYbQCA

They still have a way to go yet, however consider the following:

Remember in the 90's when computer monitors were sold based on how many colours they can display? 2, 4, 6, 32, 64, 1,600, 16 thousand, 32 thousand, 320 thousand, 720 thousand, one mIllion, 16 million, 32 million... and then it pretty much stopped.

The Human Eye can see between 7 million and 10 million colours. Unless the 16 million colour screen missed out some of the visible spectrum, what was the point of the 32 million? And recently a TV came out which could display billions. They advertised it as such, and no many people appeared to gave a damn.

Unless they skip some of the visible spectrum, when screens get to 576 megapixels it will become just as standard and just as unnoticed as the hundreds of millions of colour screen you are probably viewing right now.

All just advertising, buy the next great thing. Jaded? Me? My phone screen is VGA.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
The eye have almost no limit to how many shades of color variation it can see this is made up BS by non scientific schooled person...

1st a Example to explain this: if you take only Green from the absolute darkest green that is almost black but still green to the lightest that is almost white the human eye can see the hole color shade. Now present it as long color shade green line from darkest to brightest green, then divide that line in 10 million parts and you have 10 million shades of green and the human eye can see all of them...
Now do same with all other colors then start mixing them to blended variations of color shades and you have a infinite amount of variations way beyond billion of color shades and human eye can still see them all.

Comparing the eye to a camera or monitor as it is so often done is a flawed way and not accurate at all, the eye have similarities with a camera yes but it does not work like one at all not even close by a long shoot.

This is something that is made up to simplify the explanation how a human eye work but it is so far from the real truth and extremely complicated way a human eye work and it have no real scientific value or truth what so ever.

Sadly this have been picked up by manufacturer of TV, Cameras and screens etc.. for various products as a selling argument to make it sound more elaborate and fantastic to sell their product to you as customer from long before TV was a normal thing in every home.

There is no more truth in the common eye comparison so often made then to the scientific lab guys in white lab coats you see in commercials for various products that supposed to verify that it's a good product. To make you want to buy it and feel like it is a great product as it have scientifically been proven. Yeah! right if you say so!

Yes the human eye have a spectrum range limit, that is not a color shade limit which is something totally different and there is a limit in shades we can see to but this varies a lot from eye to eye and is dependent on the individuals gen inheritance. Either way it is still beyond billions shades of colors a human eye can see for most healthy eyes that is. No one have yet got a 100% accurate value for how many shades color it actually is a human eye can see and spectrum range is not same as shades of color. This is also often used very wrong in same sentence as facts when it so far from truth it is hilarious but we come to accept it as a measurement on products so we can compare and see who have the biggest dick.
...Simplified it's called human vanity.

That was my 20cents :fearful:

Last edited:

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
So based on its cost the only other civilian ships that are close are the 890j where basically your paying for the badge, and the endeavour master set which has loads of functionality. I would also expect since its limited numbers to be warbond only first.

I hope it has loads of functionality for those who want it. I cannot see me touching it as a warbond (no way putting that much more into a game with so little to show in the way of progress).

It would make sense for it to be able to act as a spawn point like the endeavour.

Last edited:

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
This is very tempting but i'm not sure if this is my big ship yet. I'll have to think this over id much rather have a ship that i can park several of my other ships into. I really hope they give us at least some information on what this ship does before it actually comes out.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
If the Pioneer is a base building craft, will it be coming with a space bulldozer to help move & level ground areas to assist in the base being properly & safely positioned on?
I like this. . .+1 theorycrafting skill.

The Human Eye can see between 7 million and 10 million colours.
The eye have almost no limit to how many shades of color variation it can see this is made up BS. . .
I think you may both be right. The ability to distinguish differences in the visual light spectrum may well be limited to 7 million frequencies, which is what Talon seems to be suggesting, but shades and tints are not just differences in base frequency. They are differences in other colors laid on top through wave superpositioning. From 7 million base frequencies there are indeed many billions of colors that come, and probably the human eye can tell the difference, but that doesn't mean you need billions of tints and shades to trick the human brain. My guess is just a few million will do. BTW, IIRC pixels on all display screens are quantized, meaning they do not show tints and shades. They show pure frequencies. It is because of the nearby pixels that are so close the eye cannot distinguish them apart that you get more than one frequency--which is what a tint or shade is. Different display types work different ways, but so far as I am aware, a single pixel is still limited to a single frequency and I think this is how our cones in the retina work as well.

BTW, peripheral vision does not include color so if someone could not turn their eyes, you would need far less information to trick the brain.

Forgot your password?