Coronavirus COVID-19 Thread

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
http://instagr.am/p/B_0t-MLJlbA/ View: https://www.instagram.com/p/B_0t-MLJlbA/?hl=en

4th Amendment is GONE...

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Last edited:

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
Final thought for the night.

Throughout our main focus is on the comparison between optimal uniform policies (where all three age groups are treated uniformly), optimal semi-targeted policies (where the oldest age group is treated differently than the young and middle-aged groups) and optimal fully-targeted policies (where policy is fully heterogeneous by group). The main message from our baseline results in the next subsection is that targeting has a major benefit in terms of both lives saved and reduced economic damage relative to optimal uniform policies, and interestingly, most of this benefit can be achieved with the semi-targeted policies.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
http://instagr.am/p/B_0t-MLJlbA/ View: https://www.instagram.com/p/B_0t-MLJlbA/?hl=en

4th Amendment is GONE...

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

A real fuckin genius that one...

1589515390920.png

Once again, the "its not affecting me directly so fuck the stupid rules!"

One of our members here in TEST is a cop in the NYPD.

Ask him his opinion on this matter, he will give you a very different answer.

You know why?

Because it affecting him and coworkers directly!

1589515728772.png

I bet you $1000 that if officer Anderson's precinct got hit with COVID and 20 of his cop friends dropped dead, he would be making a video begging everybody to stay inside!

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
A real fuckin genius that one...

View attachment 15918

One of our members here in TEST is a cop in the NYPD.

Ask him his opinion on this matter, he will give you a very different answer.

You know why?

Because it affecting him and coworkers directly!

View attachment 15919

I bet you $1000 that if officer Anderson's precinct got hit with COVID and 20 of his cop friends dropped dead, he would be making a video begging everybody to stay inside!
I think you hit the nail on the head there. The attitude towards this pandemic is different depending on where you are. A lot of people have this disconnect towards the virus because it all seems so far away to them. Somebody living in rural Arizona probably wouldn't have any connections to New York City. They see what's happening on TV, shrug, and move on with their lives. When they can't because their favorite bar is closed, they get upset and head outside to protest. Until it truly hits them personally, they just won't understand. I guess I'm lucky that my partner is part of the Covid19 team at her hospital and she's been sharing her experiences. She tells me that patients suffering from the more serious symptoms of the virus exhibit 'weepy' lungs. Imagine yourself suffocating and your lungs filling up with fluid. You can go from no symptoms to difficulty breathing and having your organs shut down in a very short time. Pneumonia, respiratory problems, septic shock, stroke, organ failure, etc. Many of her hospital's more severe Covid19 patients suffer from those problems and it's absolutely frightening to witness in person. Even if you survive, some of the virus's long term side effects may severely affect your quality of life. If you're not afraid of this virus, let me tell you...you should be. Oh and to top it off it's much more infectious than the regular influenza, probably as infectious as the Spanish flu of 1918.

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
I was wondering how many amendments were going to come off the back of this.

The main amendment I see happening is the president will no longer be able to solicit and incite the constitution for political gain.

The constitution was forged to protect the population from the government, not to dangle them like puppets on a string from it. Whoever is in, republican, democrat or Lord Buckethead (look him up on YouTube), no one is going to want that one left in the playbook for anyone to use in future.

Last edited:

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
Basically, what the court said was, go back to the state legislature and pass a LAW. It is not up to one appointed person to lock down the entire state under this specific circumstance. They (Wisconsin Supreme Court) said That order was ruled to be "unlawful, invalid, and unenforceable."

The Margarine issue is a LAW, passed by the Wisconsin Legislature. Not a single man, woman, or cow could create it, it needed to go through the Wisconsin house and senate at some point.

Yes, I'm aware of that, I am also aware of the reasons given that set a legal president.

I was just wondering what made the margarine law? As someone raised and still consuming it daily to this day, that's fairly weird to me.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Yes, I'm aware of that, I am also aware of the reasons given that set a legal president.

I was just wondering what made the margarine law? As someone raised and still consuming it daily to this day, that's fairly weird to me.
Big Dairy. I'm not kidding. Wisconsin produces something like 1/4 of the nations cheese and comes second after California in milk and butter production. The dairy industry plays an important role in the state's economy. I mean the cow is the state's official domesticated animal and milk the official state beverage. The law sounds funny but I suppose it makes sense back when it was passed, it's purely protectionism.

• Love
Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
IIRC, at one point...and maybe still...the price of milk was based on how far you were from Eau Claire Wisconsin. The further away you were, the more you paid. This is known as the Eau Claire rule for those that want to google it.

In Wisconsin...and at one point Northern Illinois...a significant number of farms were family dairy farms. Now it’s much harder for those small farmers to make a profit, so they are being sold to large industrial farm operations, converted to corn/soybean farms, or sold to developers to be turned into shopping centers and houses,

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
IIRC, at one point...and maybe still...the price of milk was based on how far you were from Eau Claire Wisconsin. The further away you were, the more you paid. This is known as the Eau Claire rule for those that want to google it.

In Wisconsin...and at one point Northern Illinois...a significant number of farms were family dairy farms. Now it’s much harder for those small farmers to make a profit, so they are being sold to large industrial farm operations, converted to corn/soybean farms, or sold to developers to be turned into shopping centers and houses,
yeah, pretty much in California, it is all industrial-sized farming. If it is a "family" farm, it is a family that bought out a whole bunch of other families a while ago, and incorporated...

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
I do not personally know anyone with coronavirus... nobody I work with (my coworkers are all around the world), none of my friends, none of my neighbors, nada. I do know we need to lock down assisted living homes... data says that at least. My Testie friends, as much as I love them do not really say they have had any personal experiences except for one that I know of. My parents are high risk, so I worry about them, but they CARE about their grandbabies more, and their futures.

So, kill an economy... that is your solution. I guarantee you the damage done to the world economy will cause more deaths than coronavirus ever could have for many years to come.

Poverty leads to disease and misery and printing money will only get you so far.

This is what I see everyone saying... in the name of the coronavirus, suspend the constitution, print more money, let the third world take the hit from an economic perspective. Well, that sounds selfish to me.

NaffNaffBobFace

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 5, 2016
RSI Handle
NaffNaffBobFace
UK numbers from today Friday 15th May:

Total confirmed 236,711 with 3,560 new, total dead 33,998 with 384 new.

Chartorama15-05-20.jpg

Todays current status is bought to us by estimates performed by limited testing that suggest the UK may have had up to 19 million cases of COVID-19:

The status outlook is bought to us by the WHO, who have stated COVID-19 may be with us to stay and may never go away:

Colorado update, the restrictions were lifted on the 8th so we'd expect some heightened transmission to start showing itself with more reported cases starting from around today going on for 7 more days given a gestation period of 5 to 12 days if the contagion is spreading as one might expect it to. One would not expect the death rate to be effected at this point, still early days yet:

1589568522802.png

1589568557623.png

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I do not personally know anyone with coronavirus... nobody I work with (my coworkers are all around the world), none of my friends, none of my neighbors, nada.
No doubt this is a big reason you feel the way you do.

But just here in TEST, I know two active duty guys that got sick, both say it sucked BAD! One still his dimished lung capacity that will likely never heal.

Never mind the members here that lost family, one was just mentioned in the previous page.

Let me ask you this, if somebody close to you catches this and dies, will your opinions change then?

So, kill an economy... that is your solution.
That is not a solution to anything, and nobody WANTS to kill the economy, nor will the economy die.

In fact, the stock market had its best month in 33yrs! Its at the same level it was a few months ago, so the stock market is already looking for a recovery.

Again, if Trump simply gave every working American $2000 per month for the next three months, plus told banks to freeze or mortgages, and told insurance companies to halt premium payments, nobody would be rushing to work and tens of thousands of Americans will not have to die in the coming months.

Reactions: Radegast74

ColdDog

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
FatalisSmilodon
Let me ask you this, if somebody close to you catches this and dies, will your opinions change then?
It depends... my background honors the dead by living not dying.

By living I mean living without fear and enjoying your life... not barricaded in your house.

Forgot your password?